Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This hurts

Cry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I think one thing people seem to have forgotten is how around the time Dele was at his peak, he was also always running the verge of getting that red card from his temper/competitiveness. No surprise that seemed to drop off as well as his form. Clearly lost the passion or the drive.

Levy was great at that once upon a time, in a different football world.
I had a longer response in mind, but I don't feel like going to the effort of typing it all. Concisely, Poch kept reiterating that we were "ahead of schedule" and I feel like that's exactly what happened and we never got it sorted out. The playing squad outpaced the finances, we got caught between 2 ideas and fucked it all up. We came to a fork in the road and instead of taking it we froze and ran into the lamp post.

It deserves posting.
One of the best technical goals I've seen ever. Let alone from a spurs player.

Danny Rose's reaction said it all.

I jumped from my seat in disbelief.
Palace fans were clapping. Everyone appreciated what they witnessed at the moment. It was just a win for football.

It was the best goal I've ever seen, hands down, Spurs or no. Sublime.

I had a longer response in mind, but I don't feel like going to the effort of typing it all. Concisely, Poch kept reiterating that we were "ahead of schedule" and I feel like that's exactly what happened and we never got it sorted out. The playing squad outpaced the finances, we got caught between 2 ideas and fucked it all up. We came to a fork in the road and instead of taking it we froze and ran into the lamp post.
I totally agree.

The timing for when we really had to invest money and make hard decisions doing it totally sucked, Levy never really trusted Poch as a scout or squad manager (not unjustifiably if we're brutally honest), and we just never quite got our shit together until it was too late and the CL final had turned everything into a sort of surreal dreamlike haze that ultimately didn't help matters.

Having said all of that, the tyrant chairman is now a strategy as outdated as a flat 4-4-2 hoofing cross after cross into a big striker. Whatever the past might have been, the future is going to need to be very different to have any success.

Fuck that Twitter vid pulls at the heartstrings doesn't it? Much happier times for everyone.

Dele shave your head and your face and get back to your football mate.

Back
Top Bottom