Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing I’ve not already said on here. And I’m not bothered about repeating the same stuff over and over again.

Not really getting in the spirit of the forum there old chap!!

200.gif

IDK, how many goals would Dele get on the mooon? A question of similar relevance.

This bullshit blather is nothing but hero worship. Grow up. This type of nonsense, player over team/club, is one of the reasons I can't wait for this shitty player to move on. We are getting better results with him out of the team and long may that fucking continue. Say it to yourself, "we are better without him". You, like others, overrated him to begin with and are now having problems reconciling reality with your previous view. Recognize you were wrong with your initial assessment and move on in welcoming better replacements and, hopefully, even better results for the club. The system that allowed him to freewheel it no longer exists and now he has actual expectations that he cannot fulfill.

I really don't understand the mentality of a 'fan' who is happy to see a Spurs player do badly.

How about I take this opportunity to tell you to suck my balls? And pointing out that a player is hurting the team, when he was, and most folks don't recognize it isn't "shitting on one of our own players". It is pointing out reality that has taken many a long time to recognize and for some, like you, that time is yet to come.

And I don't give a fuck what's a 'good look' in your opinion. I'm not happy to see him struggling. As far as I'm concerned he's been struggling since his introduction. The goals never clouded my view so I couldn't care less what's going on now. I am happy to see him out of the team because the team is more important to me than the player. But I bet you are one of those loudmouths that pipe up with "no one bigger than the club" when it's a player you don't like. Have you ever said that? Then the club is bigger than Dele and his struggles controlling a fucking ball.

So last question, was that more or less cunty than my last post? Save it, I don't care.
Then suddenly, with your own self importance laid bare, I do.

No player should be bigger then the club , Dele as much as I like him hasn’t been performing for a few seasons now,
It’s time to move on
Not going to read back 563 pages, but I’d be stunned if anyone came close to suggesting any player was bigger than the club.

As things stand, the players are just employees and wear the staff uniform, hopefully with pride and give of their best. At times, employees underperform.

If I’ve got someone in my team at work that was previously hitting big sales numbers for a couple of consistent years and then stopped performing at that level, I’d be doing everything I could to get him back on track. Maybe this has been tried with Dele and he just doesn’t have it in him anymore. But I’d love to see us get the goal scoring, swaggering, cunty Dele back than sell him. But obviously, I can’t be sure that player still exists.

Still on the fence about selling him, but with every passing week, I get another bit closer to thinking that’s the only option. But not quite convinced yet.

Not going to read back 563 pages, but I’d be stunned if anyone came close to suggesting any player was bigger than the club.

As things stand, the players are just employees and wear the staff uniform, hopefully with pride and give of their best. At times, employees underperform.

If I’ve got someone in my team at work that was previously hitting big sales numbers for a couple of consistent years and then stopped performing at that level, I’d be doing everything I could to get him back on track. Maybe this has been tried with Dele and he just doesn’t have it in him anymore. But I’d love to see us get the goal scoring, swaggering, cunty Dele back than sell him. But obviously, I can’t be sure that player still exists.

Still on the fence about selling him, but with every passing week, I get another bit closer to thinking that’s the only option. But not quite convinced yet.
Couldn't of put it better.
:adesalute:

In 2016, the Professional Footballers’ Association revealed that 165 of its members had sought help for mental health issues, predominantly depression, stress, anxiety and anger. The main causes were insecurity. Players were living in an almost permanent state of anxiety about their performances, their contracts and their management.

Yeah I really like Dele , he was a player you could count on to score in the big games , I remember when we beat the Chavs at white heart Lane and he scored twice , once in each half I think I managed to bag a front row seat on the shelf side for that game and it was a amazing night with deles 2 goals , but he just doesn’t seem like he has it in him any more and we can only speculate the reason why, I would love to have that Dele back in the team fighting for his place , but how long do we give players to try and get back into form, if he isn’t in the managers plans then he needs to be moved on this is what I meant by no player being bigger then the club, of course hindsight is a wonderful thing but we done the same with Erisken in keeping him to long and ended up only getting a small fee for him, but there would have been a revolt if anyone suggested selling him the season before , it’s hard to know when to sell a player , Fergie seemed good at it and then using the money to invest future stars,
Funnily enough wasn’t it Fergie who told
Jose he should sign Dele ?

Yeah I really like Dele , he was a player you could count on to score in the big games , I remember when we beat the Chavs at white heart Lane and he scored twice , once in each half I think I managed to bag a front row seat on the shelf side for that game and it was a amazing night with deles 2 goals , but he just doesn’t seem like he has it in him any more and we can only speculate the reason why, I would love to have that Dele back in the team fighting for his place , but how long do we give players to try and get back into form, if he isn’t in the managers plans then he needs to be moved on this is what I meant by no player being bigger then the club, of course hindsight is a wonderful thing but we done the same with Erisken in keeping him to long and ended up only getting a small fee for him, but there would have been a revolt if anyone suggested selling him the season before , it’s hard to know when to sell a player , Fergie seemed good at it and then using the money to invest future stars,
Funnily enough wasn’t it Fergie who told
Jose he should sign Dele ?
It’s certainly a balancing act as to when to cash in. There’s an argument to say it’s impossible to get right.

In 2016, the Professional Footballers’ Association revealed that 165 of its members had sought help for mental health issues, predominantly depression, stress, anxiety and anger. The main causes were insecurity. Players were living in an ahttps://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/statistics/mental-health-statistics-people-seeking-helplmost permanent state of anxiety about their performances, their contracts and their management.

national average is higher than that. It would be 500 if it followed average.

national average is higher than that. It would be 500 if it followed average.
Financial insecurity is a huge contributor to mental health problems and sad to say that will get worse in the next year or two with the Covid fall out. Elite players don't have that concern. But they are in the public eye and have huge pressure to perform, which can cause anxiety. In my view it's more a case of different root causes rather than footballers being more or less stressed on average.

Financial insecurity is a huge contributor to mental health problems and sad to say that will get worse in the next year or two with the Covid fall out. Elite players don't have that concern. But they are in the public eye and have huge pressure to perform, which can cause anxiety. In my view it's more a case of different root causes rather than footballers being more or less stressed on average.
Yeah, agreed. Anxiety is a crippling bitch and the suffering is the same whoever it occurs in. But as you say, the fear of losing the 'hierarchy of needs' is critical to this. Most footballers aren't in danger of the financial side, but the far greater pressure of publicly failing can be enough.

I'd take £1 million and PTSD over just PTSD, though.

To stay within the context that you've used; The company has restructured since his days of selling big, some departments have merged, others are new/expanded. The role in which he had high performance doesn't exist anymore, and his skills aren't transferable between his old role and the new departments.

To stay within the context that you've used; The company has restructured since his days of selling big, some departments have merged, others are new/expanded. The role in which he had high performance doesn't exist anymore, and his skills aren't transferable between his old role and the new departments.
Fair point.

But, still......

Im hanging on. Just.

Back
Top Bottom