Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably a ten minute phone call with his agent to agree to do that video. Maybe another four to six hours to do the thing. Probably the same time he spends training in day.

But football isn’t his priority anymore.

There’s seems to be a need from many on here to stick the boot in to a guy who, as far as we know, isn’t causing trouble, isn’t moaning to the papers, isn’t deliberately fucking up, isn’t constantly being photographed whilst pissed or smoking tabs, is t getting an AK47 tattooed on his leg, isn’t inhaling laughing gas. All he’s done is bang in a fuck load of goals and fall out of form. Granted, fallen out of form for a long time. But he’s human, he’s Spurs and he shouldn’t be getting constant shite from our own supporters. Also please see the Harry Winks thread.

We have no idea of his mentality. We can judge that he’s not playing well. We can’t judge the cause.
I disagree, while we can’t read minds, the difference in his mentality before when he was good and now that he isn’t, shows through in lots of ways, in his play, his demeanor, the things he says, doesn’t say, what he is involved with, what he does with his time, who he associates with, there are signs for anyone who wants to see them.

Probably a ten minute phone call with his agent to agree to do that video. Maybe another four to six hours to do the thing. Probably the same time he spends training in day.

There’s seems to be a need from many on here to stick the boot in to a guy who, as far as we know, isn’t causing trouble, isn’t moaning to the papers, isn’t deliberately fucking up, isn’t constantly being photographed whilst pissed or smoking tabs, is t getting an AK47 tattooed on his leg, isn’t inhaling laughing gas. All he’s done is bang in a fuck load of goals and fall out of form. Granted, fallen out of form for a long time. But he’s human, he’s Spurs and he shouldn’t be getting constant shite from our own supporters. Also please see the Harry Winks thread.
I agree with you, he doesn't deserved to be insulted or pilloried for his pretty harmless extra curricular stuff.

It's just disappointing he's clearly not as bothered about football as we'd like him to be.

What fuckery is this anyway? Please don't throw your career down the shitter Dele.

Bbc article: Dele will be helping Excel's players and teams develop their psychological skills, such as how to deal with pressure, overcoming challenges and bouncing back from setbacks.

really?

i hope he does know how to do these things and can turn his position at Spurs around. Love the player but i have my doubts.

I agree with you, he doesn't deserved to be insulted or pilloried for his pretty harmless extra curricular stuff.

It's just disappointing he's clearly not as bothered about football as we'd like him to be.
Do we know he’s not trying in training anymore? Do we know he isn’t staying behind to do more? Do we know he isn’t trying to improve his weaknesses? Do we know he isn’t banging out 50k on Zwift every evening?

Jose called him lazy in training, but that was a year ago. I can only hope and imagine that he’s stepped it up since then, otherwise he’d be nowhere near the squad and wouldn’t have been for the whole year.

The only thing I know is what I’ve seen in his past few performances and that’s a guy whose flailing of arms and sullen face when things don’t go his way, shows a guy who is frustrated because he cares. He looks bothered to me. But that’s the only insight into him I have.

Do we know he’s not trying in training anymore? Do we know he isn’t staying behind to do more? Do we know he isn’t trying to improve his weaknesses? Do we know he isn’t banging out 50k on Zwift every evening?

Jose called him lazy in training, but that was a year ago. I can only hope and imagine that he’s stepped it up since then, otherwise he’d be nowhere near the squad and wouldn’t have been for the whole year.

The only thing I know is what I’ve seen in his past few performances and that’s a guy whose flailing of arms and sullen face when things don’t go his way, shows a guy who is frustrated because he cares. He looks bothered to me. But that’s the only insight into him I have.
He definitely looks frustrated on the pitch and is probably very frustrated to be behind the likes of Lucas, Lamela and Bergwijn in the pecking order.

I think most of us are just disappointed that the circa 2017 superstar attacking midfielder is no longer with us.

I just hope he turns things around and gets back to his old best.

He definitely looks frustrated on the pitch and is probably very frustrated to be behind the likes of Lucas, Lamela and Bergwijn in the pecking order.

I think most of us are just disappointed that the circa 2017 superstar attacking midfielder is no longer with us.

I just hope he turns things around and gets back to his old best.
Definitely frustrated, which isn’t the behaviour of someone who isn’t bothered. Quite the opposite.

And yes, most of us are disappointed. Like when you act like a cunt as a teenager and your Dad says “I’m not angry, just disappointed”. Used to kill me. And we should be disappointed. I was expecting the guy to be a Balon d’ Or winner, not a lowly squad member.

But I don’t think we are all disappointed. I think some are happy that they are being “proved right”. Doesn’t leave a nice taste for me.

Bbc article: Dele will be helping Excel's players and teams develop their psychological skills, such as how to deal with pressure, overcoming challenges and bouncing back from setbacks.

really?

i hope he does know how to do these things and can turn his position at Spurs around. Love the player but i have my doubts.

So clearly not just the 4-6 hr one off commitment that some people seem to think this ambassadorial role involves

Spot on. Does my head in all the armchair psychology about him being lazy. His demeanour is different but FWIW I see it as a confidence issue (sort of going against my own view I know, ha) and I think he's less willing to commit himself to playing on the edge having suffered some damaging hamstring injuries.

Dele should go to another club where he can be first choice and try to rebuild his career. We should take the money if it's right. It's a shame, however he did give us two exceptional seasons on the princely sum of £5 million. He should depart Spurs only with warm wishes.

Definitely frustrated, which isn’t the behaviour of someone who isn’t bothered. Quite the opposite.

And yes, most of us are disappointed. Like when you act like a cunt as a teenager and your Dad says “I’m not angry, just disappointed”. Used to kill me. And we should be disappointed. I was expecting the guy to be a Balon d’ Or winner, not a lowly squad member.

But I don’t think we are all disappointed. I think some are happy that they are being “proved right”. Doesn’t leave a nice taste for me.
I'd be frustrated too if I realised I'd been found out as a player and my time at the top of the game was over.

Looks like it. He's at a pivotal point in his career. If I was him I'd be dedicating every spare minute to upping my game and breaking back into the team. Not twatting about with video game publicity. (nothing wrong with the odd game in his spare time, but this is clearly a major commitment/distraction).

He still has the raw talent in there somewhere.
If you look back at his classic games like scum in the cup chelsea at the bridge there is an excellent player there you just have to go and look back at what he did he was an outstanding young talent. He's completely lost his way on a football pitch. Look at the dedication ronaldo was putting in to better himself and be the best he can be. That just isn't there with dele. He will have a big shock when he realises the effect not being a well known footballer anymore will have on the other side of his life. Personally I'd rather he wasted his talent somewhere else and we can give somebody an opportunity that's hungry to play football and willing to give the club 100%.

5th Oct JM: “He has never stopped showing, I always told that I never had a problem with him,” Mourinho told Sky Sports – transcribed by BBC Sport (18:50) – after the victory against his former side.

“Very polite, very educated, behaving always well, he is training well, sometimes I want different things from him on the pitch.

“That is more about his qualities as a player than other things. He is a fantastic player as everyone knows.”

5th Oct JM: “He has never stopped showing, I always told that I never had a problem with him,” Mourinho told Sky Sports – transcribed by BBC Sport (18:50) – after the victory against his former side.

“Very polite, very educated, behaving always well, he is training well, sometimes I want different things from him on the pitch.

“That is more about his qualities as a player than other things. He is a fantastic player as everyone knows.”

But he’s got mental problems. And he’s got sponsorship deals. And he wears an ear-ring.

but I'll tell you, you can tell him now if he's watching it, we're still fighting for this sponsorship, and he's got to go to Hotspur Way and get something, and... and... I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if posts another picture. Love it.
When you do things like that about a brand like Excel, I’ve kept really quiet.....

Back
Top Bottom