Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We tried him up top last year when Kane and Son were out and it wasn't good. He just kept throwing his hands up in the air when the ball didn't land at his feet. He doesn't have the pace to beat good defenders, or the ability to hold the ball up effectively.

I wonder if Dele even knows anymore what his best position is?

Are you forgetting the goals Dele scored when Mourinho first joined? Yes, his form dropped off once Son and Kane were injured. Which is hardly surprising since he was now receiving passes from Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso and Moura - who between them have setup about 3 goals in the past 2 seasons.

19 goals scored this season. 1 measly assist from our midfield. Outside of Kane and Son, all our assists have come from new signings (Doherty, Regulillon, PEH).

Moura, Bergjwin, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, Sissoko offer nothing in terms of the final pass. It is no surprise whatsover that Alli's "form" dried up when Kane and Son were out; and its no surprise that the team's form dried up when Eriksen checked out.

How would Dele do with Kane/Reguillon/Doherty/Bale providing the final ball?

Are you forgetting the goals Dele scored when Mourinho first joined? Yes, his form dropped off once Son and Kane were injured. Which is hardly surprising since he was now receiving passes from Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso and Moura - who between them have setup about 3 goals in the past 2 seasons.

19 goals scored this season. 1 measly assist from our midfield. Outside of Kane and Son, all our assists have come from new signings (Doherty, Regulillon, PEH).

Moura, Bergjwin, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, Sissoko offer nothing in terms of the final pass. It is no surprise whatsover that Alli's "form" dried up when Kane and Son were out; and its no surprise that the team's form dried up when Eriksen checked out.

IDK, how many goals would Dele get on the mooon? A question of similar relevance.

This bullshit blather is nothing but hero worship. Grow up. This type of nonsense, player over team/club, is one of the reasons I can't wait for this shitty player to move on. We are getting better results with him out of the team and long may that fucking continue. Say it to yourself, "we are better without him". You, like others, overrated him to begin with and are now having problems reconciling reality with your previous view. Recognize you were wrong with your initial assessment and move on in welcoming better replacements and, hopefully, even better results for the club. The system that allowed him to freewheel it no longer exists and now he has actual expectations that he cannot fulfill.

IDK, how many goals would Dele get on the mooon? A question of similar relevance.

This bullshit blather is nothing but hero worship. Grow up. This type of nonsense, player over team/club, is one of the reasons I can't wait for this shitty player to move on. We are getting better results with him out of the team and long may that fucking continue. Say it to yourself, "we are better without him". You, like others, overrated him to begin with and are now having problems reconciling reality with your previous view. Recognize you were wrong with your initial assessment and move on in welcoming better replacements and, hopefully, even better results for the club. The system that allowed him to freewheel it no longer exists and now he has actual expectations that he cannot fulfill.
Maybe an opportunity there to be less of a cunt about it and come over slightly less “look everyone, I was right to shit on one of our own players from the start”.

Don’t be so happy to see one of ours struggling. Not a good look.

Dele has always had an impressive output and has actually delivered against the big boys (Madrid, Juventus, Barca and of course ajax).

Clearly an injury; and the overall drop in squad form has had an effect in the 8/19 season (albeit when he did play he was able to chalk up a goal or assist every other game).

15/16 - 10 goals, 11 assists (3.224')
16/17 - 22 goals, 13 assists (4.014')
17/18 - 14 goals, 17 assists (3.790')
18/19 - 7 goals, 8 assists (2.963')
19/20 - 9 goals, 6 assists (2.772')

In my opinion, Mourinho has identified Dele as the scapegoat to motivate the squad. Take one of the most popular stars and drop them. Show the squad you mean business. This was a test for Alli to see if he had the heart and desire to fight to get back into the team.

We've not even hit December yet, and the season has a long way to go. Its not unreasonable to think that he still has a chance; especially given N'Dombele and Lo Celso's underwhelming performances.

Dele has always had an impressive output and has actually delivered against the big boys (Madrid, Juventus, Barca and of course ajax).

Clearly an injury; and the overall drop in squad form has had an effect in the 8/19 season (albeit when he did play he was able to chalk up a goal or assist every other game).

15/16 - 10 goals, 11 assists (3.224')
16/17 - 22 goals, 13 assists (4.014')
17/18 - 14 goals, 17 assists (3.790')
18/19 - 7 goals, 8 assists (2.963')
19/20 - 9 goals, 6 assists (2.772')

In my opinion, Mourinho has identified Dele as the scapegoat to motivate the squad. Take one of the most popular stars and drop them. Show the squad you mean business. This was a test for Alli to see if he had the heart and desire to fight to get back into the team.

We've not even hit December yet, and the season has a long way to go. Its not unreasonable to think that he still has a chance; especially given N'Dombele and Lo Celso's underwhelming performances.
January transfer window is just around the corner. I don't think he will get enough chances or time to show any newfound resolve at this point. It's sad to say but his future is better elsewhere. Unless we somehow manage to get both Lo Celso and Ndombele injured, then maybe...

Think Ndombele might have something to say about that and Lo Celso has had a few injuries so hasn’t played much recently. You really ought to stop making excuses for Dele- he is a big boy now. I know it’s hard but please discontinue your love affair with Eriksen as well who clearly isn’t as good as some of us thought

the joker popcorn GIF

Think Ndombele might have something to say about that and Lo Celso has had a few injuries so hasn’t played much recently. You really ought to stop making excuses for Dele- he is a big boy now. I know it’s hard but please discontinue your love affair with Eriksen as well who clearly isn’t as good as some of us thought

Eriksen was the best midfielder in the EPL for 5 years straight.

- Most chances created. (yes, more than Hazard, Ozil, Silva, De Bryne)
- Most goal assists (yes, more than Hazard, Ozil, Silva, De Bryne)
- Most direct free kick goals (yes, more than Sigurdson, Mata, Sanchez, Coutinho)
- Goals from outside the box.....Yep, Eriksen wins that one too. More than Kane, Coutinho, De Bryne, Coutinho.

In 5 seasons, played 180 of 190 games in the EPL. No sick note. No 'I don't fancy it today boss'.

Oh yeah. But that's right; Eriksen is shit and was overrated.

I haven't given up him. And I'm not sure Jose has either.

There might be a way back for, look at N'Dombele (and Lo Celso for the start of Jose's reign). If he returns he will be stronger.

Eriksen was the best midfielder in the EPL for 5 years straight.

- Most chances created. (yes, more than Hazard, Ozil, Silva, De Bryne)
- Most goal assists (yes, more than Hazard, Ozil, Silva, De Bryne)
- Most direct free kick goals (yes, more than Sigurdson, Mata, Sanchez, Coutinho)
- Goals from outside the box.....Yep, Eriksen wins that one too. More than Kane, Coutinho, De Bryne, Coutinho.

In 5 seasons, played 180 of 190 games in the EPL. No sick note. No 'I don't fancy it today boss'.

Oh yeah. But that's right; Eriksen is shit and was overrated.

Yep he truly tried until the end didn’t he! He was a good player in a very good team and then when Dembele left he declined rapidly until eventually he gave up trying. As for the free kicks - you must be blind. Not doing so well now is he?

Maybe an opportunity there to be less of a cunt about it and come over slightly less “look everyone, I was right to shit on one of our own players from the start”.

Don’t be so happy to see one of ours struggling. Not a good look.
How about I take this opportunity to tell you to suck my balls? And pointing out that a player is hurting the team, when he was, and most folks don't recognize it isn't "shitting on one of our own players". It is pointing out reality that has taken many a long time to recognize and for some, like you, that time is yet to come.

And I don't give a fuck what's a 'good look' in your opinion. I'm not happy to see him struggling. As far as I'm concerned he's been struggling since his introduction. The goals never clouded my view so I couldn't care less what's going on now. I am happy to see him out of the team because the team is more important to me than the player. But I bet you are one of those loudmouths that pipe up with "no one bigger than the club" when it's a player you don't like. Have you ever said that? Then the club is bigger than Dele and his struggles controlling a fucking ball.

So last question, was that more or less cunty than my last post? Save it, I don't care.

seems he has gone from being a pro footballer to a pro E sporter ...... Terrible to see this happen, But there is no way back for him now, He sadly is 100% going to leave either on loan or sale , How can you go from being 1st team PL player and England player to just being a Boohoo whatever fashion man/gamer , He didnt used to do all this during his rise at MK Don's or in his first or second year at spurs or england...... now he just has sort of given up in some aspects I mean he still trains with the team but just seems happy to carry on like otherwise he would drop his fashion and gaming aspects of his life, Its not like he will be bankrupt or struggling to make money without doing all what he is doing now , Such a shame and waste imo

Ndombele had been with us a season so it was right to give him time and a chance to 'resurrect' his Spurs career.

Dele has been poor for two years, he's had his chances, time to move him on.

Yeah, I know I'm repeating myself. :wall:

How about I take this opportunity to tell you to suck my balls? And pointing out that a player is hurting the team, when he was, and most folks don't recognize it isn't "shitting on one of our own players". It is pointing out reality that has taken many a long time to recognize and for some, like you, that time is yet to come.

And I don't give a fuck what's a 'good look' in your opinion. I'm not happy to see him struggling. As far as I'm concerned he's been struggling since his introduction. The goals never clouded my view so I couldn't care less what's going on now. I am happy to see him out of the team because the team is more important to me than the player. But I bet you are one of those loudmouths that pipe up with "no one bigger than the club" when it's a player you don't like. Have you ever said that? Then the club is bigger than Dele and his struggles controlling a fucking ball.

So last question, was that more or less cunty than my last post? Save it, I don't care.
Ok. I’ll save it.

Seems strange you’d post on a public forum and not want a response to your posts though.

Ok. I’ll save it.

Seems strange you’d post on a public forum and not want a response to your posts though.
I have no interest in what you think is or isn't cunty in your opinion about my posts or any further personal attacks (expressed or implied) from you. In regards to the thread topic opine away as it's a free forum for free exchange of ideas.

Back
Top Bottom