Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Real Madrid lining up blockbuster move for Spurs' Dele Alli

Can't really see it. He's currently playing every week with his close mates, he looks like he loves every minute of it.

He's got probably another 12 years at the top levels to earn more money than he could have dreamed of even a couple of years ago. How many yachts or cars does he need?

Career risk moving to Real. Earn a fortune, but whats the point if you may not get a game? I don't watch Spanish football, so don't know who he'd replace.

Just seems odd that they want Alli, he'll go there and end up playing for their B Team. Yes he'll earn a fortune, but he'll be competing with the likes of Modric, Kroos, Isco, Casemiro, James and probably be competing against that next big thing in midfield Martin Odegaard. Granted most of those names will have probably been sold by the summer.

I get players are in it for themselves. However he seems to have his head screwed on and genuinely seems to enjoy playing for us. I think Pochettino is the key to keeping our squad together. Also we for once seem to be able to promise CL football, genuine title challenges and our pay structure has also increased. I think as a club we are able to match the ambitions that players want to fulfill.

These stories should be water of a ducks back for all of us by now. Every single week someone is being targeted, every single week no one leaves. I see Manure are again "targeting" Kane, just as they have been for the past 30 months!!!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have a footie chat group and that includes fans of the dippers and Utd, they all think Kane is a donkey. However I bet any of the top 4 would love to have him in their squads. Only Aguero is more consistent but he is more injury prone and is susceptible to silly booking/ban due to his chequered behaviour.

Not sure how this second rate mirror journo would be privy to such infomation, but there you go.

Weve all been down this road before, we all know the outcome and we all look for excuses to ignore.

Levy and lewis are not interested in us winning anything, all they want is to make money. If madrid did offer 50 million, (which i doubt they will this season) then levy and lewis will sell and ali will jump at the chance to leave. We can all look for things to cling on to, like he doesnt like the heat, he is too attached to his dog, or his pet ferret wouldnt surivive the flight. If madrid come knocking, he is gone, but until then there is no point worrying about what some two bit second rate shit stirring journo has written to get an easy story out there.

I honestly wondered why these rumours hadn't surfaced last Summer, until I realised the had a one Window TRANSFER BAN!
THAT'S the only reason the (Toilet) Papers COULDN'T stir the usual shit!

They're picking the WRONG CLUB to try and destabilise this time!!!

Try the Arse or Man City... they look like they're ripe and ready for an implosion!!

The ace card, if that's what it can be called, is that it's a tight unit & a new stadium is emerging before their very eyes. If a young group of highly talented youngsters don't want to stick together & play in what will be one the worlds best grounds with every chance of winning things from an idea/philosophy they were part of building & bringing to life, then football is truly dead.

Welcome to modern football.

It appears that your expectations are stuck in the 70's along with your views on race.
Where in what i wrote did i put anything about my expectations ?..im well aware of modern day football and well aware of how my club is run which is why i wrote what i did.

It makes no difference if ali is19, 20, 21 or 22. If madrid want him they get him. Its a bitch but thats how it is.

I think it does make a difference. He's still learning about the Premier League and about his game. Someone with their head screwed on (i think Alli is one of those) will develop their game knowing that they have another 13, 14, 15 years ahead of them at age 20.

He has just signed a new contract - he's with us next year for sure IMO, whether the interest is real (ha!) or not.

I think it does make a difference. He's still learning about the Premier League and about his game. Someone with their head screwed on (i think Alli is one of those) will develop their game knowing that they have another 13, 14, 15 years ahead of them at age 20.

He has just signed a new contract - he's with us next year for sure IMO, whether the interest is real (ha!) or not.
Alli will be a player on the move (if we are not genuine title contenders regularly over the next 4yrs or so). For the time that we are I think he will remain with us. We have shown also that we will reward a player with new contract after new contract, after a new contract, repeat, repeat, repeat.......if and when they are felt they have been earned. Right now his development and having far less pressure to perform he can enjoy with us. Do not underestimate the power of our Manager here, more than any manager I can think of across Europe has such a track record of playing and improving young players. This will be recognised by Alli and his team. Alli has made his name whilst playing for Spurs, under Poch not MK Dons. I'm not saying this is a loyalty thing, I saying this is a chance for Alli to develop into a World Class player and he is at the best club to achieve this.

The time for Alli to move will be when he is around 23/24yrs (IF he continues on his trajectory), just as Pogba moved from Juve for a World record fee, this will happen even if we are challenging for titles (just like Juve). For now it is clickbait, it's like we have a big game coming up or something...........Oh hang on!

And for people throwing out the Levy sells line, please do FUCK OFF! What rock have you been under for the past 3 fucking years! What more does this club have to do to show how determined it is to keep it's best players! Change the fucking record please.

Madrid apparently want him

I bet they do. Real and every other big club out there. He's arguably the best young player in the world. £50M makes me laugh though. There is absolutely no chance of us selling him though, I think he will stay a couple more seasons at least, at that point his worth will be more definite, and will likely represent a world record, but I'm sure we will try to keep him. He seems happy and as long as the club progresses and his pay increases I don't think we will face a problem for a few years.

The big question is what do we do in a couple of seasons time if China offer us £500M?

It makes sense Real would want Dele...

o-GARETH-BALE-CELEBRATION-570.jpg

1995170-41898887-2560-1440.jpg

Just seems odd that they want Alli, he'll go there and end up playing for their B Team. Yes he'll earn a fortune, but he'll be competing with the likes of Modric, Kroos, Isco, Casemiro, James and probably be competing against that next big thing in midfield Martin Odegaard. Granted most of those names will have probably been sold by the summer.

I get players are in it for themselves. However he seems to have his head screwed on and genuinely seems to enjoy playing for us. I think Pochettino is the key to keeping our squad together. Also we for once seem to be able to promise CL football, genuine title challenges and our pay structure has also increased. I think as a club we are able to match the ambitions that players want to fulfill.
I don't know, did you see that interview he did on BBC the other day?
When asked where he sees himself in five years, he didn't say I love it here, got great mates, great manager and I want to be here winning things for Spurs. He hesitated and said, well when I think what's happened in the last year......you just don't know.......pause, but at he moment I am a Spurs player and I'll do my best for Spurs.
If Madrid come in for him and turn his head, he'll go. He's no different from Bale or Modric. Maybe not this year.
I asked the same question the other day, how long can we go without winning stuff, or playing consistently in CL before our best players leave. We can't offer em the wages at he moment either.

I don't know, did you see that interview he did on BBC the other day?
When asked where he sees himself in five years, he didn't say I love it here, got great mates, great manager and I want to be here winning things for Spurs. He hesitated and said, well when I think what's happened in the last year......you just don't know.......pause, but at he moment I am a Spurs player and I'll do my best for Spurs.
If Madrid come in for him and turn his head, he'll go. He's no different from Bale or Modric. Maybe not this year.
I asked the same question the other day, how long can we go without winning stuff, or playing consistently in CL before our best players leave. We can't offer em the wages at he moment either.

Fair enough, missed that interview. Guess all footballers, apart from Harry Kane, will look to move to bigger and better clubs if we cannot match their ambitions.

The positive thing about Spurs though is that we currently are very much trying to match the ambitions of the players. We are challenging, we have a very progressive coach, we have a beautiful new stadium on the horizon. Levy has tied nearly all the players down to new contracts, if anyone wants to leave it'll be for lots of £££s.

Back
Top Bottom