Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think this story is bullshit. Not because I've repressed Madrids previous and pretend it didn't happen but because I think he's being a bit over hyped by our media and don't believe he's at that level yet.

He's still very young and very raw. His recent surge in form has come at the perfect time for the papers to push this sort of story when in truth he's been very poor this season for the most part.

Madrid don't buy and develop. They buy the finished article and Ali is a few seasons off of that.

The story also fits well with our supposed link to Isco so of course we've seen the unimaginative swap deal reports emerge.

I'd be more concerned at this stage if it was Kane being linked as he is a lot closer to being at the sort of level Madrid start to show interest in.

Dele (as well as Dembele and Dier) need to keep their heads tonight... hopefully, they can channel the frustration from last season into tonight, and not let it skew their judgement or put us at a disadvantage by doing anything silly...

we need the 'DDD' ON the pitch more than ever!

What these clubs need to realise is that this is a different Spurs. We sold our best players to get us into this position. We sold Bale, and Modric and Berbatov.....now we have the best training facility in Europe.

We have built....BUILT, a culture. We are becoming an institution of the game, as we have been in the past.

Clubs will model themselves on our bigger picture, just like they will our tactics against Chelsea, in the coming weeks.

Our players are friends. Genuine comrades. Utd, Real, whoever the fuck you are....time to open your eys and realise that Tottenham Hotspur are coming for you all.

Whenever I see people quoting "I don't think you understand" with the Dele song, I get Sarah Silverman's 'Fucking Matt Damon' stuck in my head.

:llorisunsure:

Good to see Dele hitting turbo mode after the damp patch of form he was in that bookended the summer.

From RAWK

PL appearances made to reach 20 goals:
52 – DELE ALLI
74 – Paul Scholes
90 – David Beckham
140 – Frank Lampard
169 – Steven Gerrard
That's impressive although Gerrard played far deeper than the rest of them for the first 6-7 years of his career (apart from Lampard maybe).

Yeah....its still 117 less games though isnt it

And this

Whatever way you cut that stat, it is very impressive. Should have been a red, I'm sure Klopp would have found a way to utilise him.

Errr yes, even a monkey can see that Alli would fucking walk into your first team ahead of anyone else in your entire squad

What these clubs need to realise is that this is a different Spurs. We sold our best players to get us into this position. We sold Bale, and Modric and Berbatov.....now we have the best training facility in Europe.

We have built....BUILT, a culture. We are becoming an institution of the game, as we have been in the past.

Clubs will model themselves on our bigger picture, just like they will our tactics against Chelsea, in the coming weeks.

Our players are friends. Genuine comrades. Utd, Real, whoever the fuck you are....time to open your eys and realise that Tottenham Hotspur are coming for you all.

Levy out!

Last season he scored 10 league goals in what was a great debut season. He now has 10 goals after only 20 match days. On track to easily better his 15/16 season.

Four games ago he was at 3 goals in 16, and it looked like he had a difficult second season. Now his confidence is back, and he scores when he wants. He scores when he wants. Dele Alli, he scores when he wants.

20 league goals in 52 games - fastest in PL history for a mid

- Lampard needed 140 games to reach same number of PL goals
- Gerrard - 169
- Scholes was closest with around 75

Let that sink for a bit

:akabusi:

From RAWK

PL appearances made to reach 20 goals:
52 – DELE ALLI
74 – Paul Scholes
90 – David Beckham
140 – Frank Lampard
169 – Steven Gerrard
That's impressive although Gerrard played far deeper than the rest of them for the first 6-7 years of his career (apart from Lampard maybe).

Yeah....its still 117 less games though isnt it

Not exactly Dele Alli's fault that Gerrard was considered too weak for central midfield at the start of his career and shoved out to right wing back.

I think it's so weird when people label us a selling club. It's not like we put our best players in the shop window, Levy has always fought very hard to keep the best players at the club. Usually it gets very ugly (Modric, Berbatov and Bale sagas). We're slowly becoming a real powerhouse in football and in a couple of years will definitely be able to compete on wages and hopefully on football too

Back
Top Bottom