December December make or break

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's a dangerous game to predict as it has a few assumptions which make it a lot harder to call.

We have reasonable cover in most areas bar the striker but there are some players who we miss, I think without Lloris for a game would have an effect, Alli is becoming increasingly important and are we that happy with disrupting the pair at centre back? Just one of those events could turn an easy win to a draw or worse.

We also assume that other team's form will remain stable. By the time we play Watford they could be a strong top half team or beginning to lose momentum.

This is why 'one game at a time', though it's a terrible cliche, has a fair bit of truth to it.

West Brom is the next game and that should not be a loss but what we can predict is a game where our chances will be limited and we will have to find a way of breaking down a Pulis team. As much as I hate to mention Woolwich, they should have won their game or at least come out with a point and they didn't due to an own goal and failure to take their chances.

The unbeaten run has been great and will end at some point, I wouldn't expect it to happen at the Hawthorns but we need to avoid getting caught up in a quagmire, hopefully our 3 attacking midfielders will have the necessary guile...

I think we will just win the next game by the odd goal. The other 4 I'm not going to call!

articulate bro love it .
5gwzT0W.gif
Should be dropping its load when those Gooners are playing at home!:wansum:

I think it's a dangerous game to predict as it has a few assumptions which make it a lot harder to call.

We have reasonable cover in most areas bar the striker but there are some players who we miss, I think without Lloris for a game would have an effect, Alli is becoming increasingly important and are we that happy with disrupting the pair at centre back? Just one of those events could turn an easy win to a draw or worse.

We also assume that other team's form will remain stable. By the time we play Watford they could be a strong top half team or beginning to lose momentum.

This is why 'one game at a time', though it's a terrible cliche, has a fair bit of truth to it.

West Brom is the next game and that should not be a loss but what we can predict is a game where our chances will be limited and we will have to find a way of breaking down a Pulis team. As much as I hate to mention Woolwich, they should have won their game or at least come out with a point and they didn't due to an own goal and failure to take their chances.

The unbeaten run has been great and will end at some point, I wouldn't expect it to happen at the Hawthorns but we need to avoid getting caught up in a quagmire, hopefully our 3 attacking midfielders will have the necessary guile...

I think we will just win the next game by the odd goal. The other 4 I'm not going to call!
Certainly no disagreement here that any predictions require assumptions. While Poch has built a squad with a few largely interchangeable parts, particularly between the central midfield and attacking 3, there are certain losses that could seriously disrupt the chemistry. Kane and Lloris obviously, but Dier or either half of the CB pairing could be a crucial loss as well, even Walker. Jan is on 4 yellows so we'll be faced with it soon for at least a game, but we really need to avoid injuries to those 5-6 players.

Certainly no disagreement here that any predictions require assumptions. While Poch has built a squad with a few largely interchangeable parts, particularly between the central midfield and attacking 3, there are certain losses that could seriously disrupt the chemistry. Kane and Lloris obviously, but Dier or either half of the CB pairing could be a crucial loss as well, even Walker. Jan is on 4 yellows so we'll be faced with it soon for at least a game, but we really need to avoid injuries to those 5-6 players.

I thought Alli was sorely missed on Sunday

It is at this time that fatigue starts kicking in, for all teams. What will, in all probability determine how we'll do, is how we manage the squad.

I am confident we'll have a strong month but I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped a few points though - it's pretty unusual for any team to go through unbeaten or without dropping some points.

Back
Top Bottom