December December make or break

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

West Brom (A) - 1 point
Newcastle(H) - 3 points
Soton (A) - 0 points
Norwich (H) - 3 points
Watford (A) - 1 point

West Brom (A) - Win
Newcastle(H) - Win
Soton (A) - Draw
Norwich (H) - Win
Watford (A) - Win

I have every confidence that if the squad keep fit and everyone is signing from the same hymn sheet then the team can win all of the games. Southampton will be the toughest, and they'll be well up for it considering Poch and Toby business.

1 game left in the Europa League till the new year, Kane scoring, a solid defence, unbeaten in 13 and in a great league position.. Could be a lot worse.

West Brom (A) - Win
Newcastle(H) - Draw and everyone freaks the fuck out
Soton (A) - Draw and the Poch haters return
Norwich (H) - WIn
Watford (A) - Win and everything is right in the world

It's not make or break. They are winnable games but there's still a long way to go.

Not quite make or break no, but close to it. Someone mentioned in the match thread that we must win against lesser teams if we only draw against better teams, which is such an insane view that I gave up responding. Having said that. This run of games at a time when we're bang on form and we've hardly got an injury....we've gotta string some results together. Otherwise we'll make it too difficult for ourselves; long way to go or not.

I ain't getting carried away. They are winnable for sure but complacency is the type of thing that comes back to haunt. That said, we are in a great bit of form & ought to be looking at a fair few points out of this month. I think 11-13 points is entirely achievable if we keep our foot on the pedal. 15 points & we're in winter wonderland. 9 or less & I will be gutted. We do have a couple of players on the verge of suspensions. If and when they come I hope the squad can manage any absences.
:avbpray:

The Southampton and Watford games are arguably the hardest. None oof these teams will fancy the win agasint us. 4 wins and a draw would be fucking brilliant.

Add to that the fact that our 'top 4 rivals' would struggle to better 13 points from the 15 so we would gain on them all witha bit of luck

Worst case scenario in my opinion:
West Brom (A) - draw
Newcastle(H) - Win
Soton (A) - loss
Norwich (H) - draw
Watford (A) - draw

6 points

Best case: 15 points

Genuinely think we can win all the games but if I average out my best and worst case it is 10.5 points.

I don't think we'll lose any of them so four wins and a draw against Soton.

We've outplayed every opponent this year with exception of maybe Leicester and Chelsea, and those games were pretty even. Yet even among the games where we were the better team we have a loss and a handful of draws. We have the second best GD and it's time for our luck to turn with the performances resulting in points. We're at full throttle now, here comes the run. 11 to 13 points out of the next 5, and I like our chances to do Everton and Leicester as well. 3rd in the table by the end of January.

:dembelefingers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom