David Beckham?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Beckham at Spurs?

• Yes

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters
Space and time he had was unbelievable.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, just couldn't see the point in starting a new one

I say yes, but in a coaching role, and NOTHING else. he can be the mentor for our younger lads, teaching them the proper mentality and humbleness needed at the top top TOP level. from what I've heard he's pretty much the perfect pro, takes care of himself and his stuff exceptionally well

Sibs said:
Space and time he had was unbelievable.

It was perfectly believable given the standard. Don't get me wrong, the Beckham of two years ago (when he was taken on loan by AC Milan) I'd have taken in a heartbeat given he was in arguably the best shape of his career. Now? Nah...

:harrylol:

Pav would have hit the shot and successfully found the left ear of some poor sod in row 25 *.

:gio:

* number deflated in deference to the American denial of the number between 12 and 14.

Not this again....

1339903840098.jpg

QPR. I bet they'd take him for the profile.

Personally I don't think he can cut it in the PL anymore. Maybe a couple of years ago he could still have done a job, but the dude is nearly 38.

Personally I don't think he can cut it in the PL anymore. Maybe a couple of years ago he could still have done a job, but the dude is nearly 38.
Scholes? Same Man Utd team as Beckham and older, still bossing premier league!

I do agree that QPR would take him, Leyton O also have a shot at getting (Becks local side) another good shout is he'll go back to Man United!

Yeah, but both Scholes and Giggs have been playing in a top league for the past 6 years, while, in that time, Beckham has had a collective total of, what, 6-8 months of top flight loan football? The rest have been spent in, comparatively speaking, a Mickey Mouse league (sorry American members :().

Mind you, I suppose it'd be a bit different playing for someone like QPR than walking into the Man U team.

I guess it all depends on whether he sticks to his "only ever play for one English team" pledge,

Back
Top Bottom