David Beckham?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Beckham at Spurs?

• Yes

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
Seems we're being link with a January move for Becks judging by a few recent Harry quotes...

Harry Redknapp said:
"I know first hand because we had him here last winter and he was terrific around the place. You couldn't find a nicer fella and a better professional.

"He's the best example there is for any young player, how he looks after himself, how he trains and how he's stayed an ordinary guy despite his extraordinary success.
"He is worth his weight in gold, he'd be an asset for any club. I'd have him here, that's for sure.

"He wouldn't be able to play until the January transfer window opens, though, because we've already lodged our 25 players with the Premier League. But he'd be a great one to have around the club again."

...so, would you want him at Tottenham?

I think he would be a great example to our young players. And well, if he can teach Bale or Lennon anything about crossing then it's worthwhile.

Plus I think we would have a good chance of turning him into a coach at the end.

Crabspur said:
I think he would be a great example to our young players. And well, if he can teach Bale or Lennon anything about crossing then it's worthwhile.

Plus I think we would have a good chance of turning him into a coach at the end.

How about Bale and Lennon's crossing when Beckham was training with us last season?

It was wonderful to see how much our set-pieces improved too... wait

I can't honestly think that having him around would have a negative effect. Also I seem to remember a fair few crosses by bale being slammed home in the champions league last season (albeit ones along the ground)?

Was that around that time? (I honestly can't remember when he was here).

I don't see him as a first team regular, but I think his attitude and experience would be excellent for the younger players in the side. People like GIOVANNI DOS PISSEDANTOS could benefit from him.

we'd sell a lot of shirts in china and attact lots of children to the ground, buying more shite stuff that pays for the new ground development.

tbh, as long as he brings in more revenue than he costs then I'm up for it. But I would insist on a quick 'reach around' every now then. Just to show he really cares. :gay:

I think he would have a very positive impact on the place and could play similarly to how Giggs does at manure. Really don't see much of a negative to it.

I have nothing against Beckham but instead of mincing about with this sort of signing I would be happier if we went and bought a player who could take the right wing from Lennon and play lots of games. I don't buy that Lennon will learn to cross simply from being around Beckham. He just doesn't have the ability IMO.

zammo.jpg

I can't believe Bale's crossing from the left at speed had anything to do with Beckham, unless he let him onto Giggsy's training techniques.

Big NO to Beckham, would cost money we should be using elsewhere.

Don't much see the point, apart from being a figurehead. It would probably be a distraction, no matter how many jerseys are sold.

Back
Top Bottom