Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only the pen was his fault tbh. First goal was nothing to do with him. Last goal it was Bentaleb's job to track Lallana and possibly Dier's (who I thought was great) job to stop Balotelli getting in front. He was sloppy but so was the rest of the team.
Think Davies deserves a shot now though as first choice.
I don't agree. He had help from Benteleb on the last goal, he needs to close down Ibe right away. Gave him too much time and space to think and slip it through to Lallana and once he had the ball there was nothing anybody could do.

I thought he was terrible today to be honest. Gave away a soft penalty, Sturridge was going no where and then the third goal came from his side as well. Rose can be really handy for us at times, but once he starts a few games in a row it's almost like he gets too comfortable and makes rookie mistakes. If he had better concentration he'd be a great player.

He is either a 8 out of 10 player or a 4 out of 10 player. Hardly ever in between. Saturday the good, tonight the very bad
:pochsulk:
More often 8/10 these days thankfully. Still young, still learning.

Edit: Id also make the point Rose has played a lot of games last while. Same situation as Bentaleb and Mason but we'll now have a long rest to get them back to 100% again.

Rose had a difficult game but credit where credit is due, that kid Ibe looks to be a special player. Would Davies had done a better job, doubt it. I think Rose has the edge over Davies for the LB slot.

I would have replaced Rose at halftime.
It was obvious he was having a nightmare.

Agree I think Rose goes between great and awful, he was a bit wild yesterday and I think Davies in the second half while more conservative in his approach would have helped.

I don't agree. He had help from Benteleb on the last goal, he needs to close down Ibe right away. Gave him too much time and space to think and slip it through to Lallana and once he had the ball there was nothing anybody could do.
Ibe is super quick you can't get too close or he will kick it past you and run. Rose was right to stand off a little and there were enough bodies back to mark everyone else in the final third.

Anyone think it wasn't a penalty? I don't think it was. I think Sturridge made the most of it and then acted like a puppy that had been electrocuted. The fact that Dowd ran away says it all, I've just seen it again. It wasn't a penalty!

Anyone think it wasn't a penalty? I don't think it was. I think Sturridge made the most of it and then acted like a puppy that had been electrocuted. The fact that Dowd ran away says it all, I've just seen it again. It wasn't a penalty!

I think it was a penalty, there was contact even if Sturridge made a meal of it, Kane's one was also a pen on replay, goalkeeper took out Kane and missed the ball, both fouls from what I can see.

I think it was a penalty, there was contact even if Sturridge made a meal of it, Kane's one was also a pen on replay, goalkeeper took out Kane and missed the ball, both fouls from what I can see.
Only way Kane's could be given would be with the goal line official the Europa League has/had? No chance the ref spots the little flick from the keeper there. If it was spotted it would go down as one of the stupidest GK decisions I've ever seen!! That close to the goal line and on such an angle Kane had nowhere to go. That's Mignolet for you

Only way Kane's could be given would be with the goal line official the Europa League has/had? No chance the ref spots the little flick from the keeper there. If it was spotted it would go down as one of the stupidest GK decisions I've ever seen!! That close to the goal line and on such an angle Kane had nowhere to go. That's Mignolet for you

Yep produced an amazing save from Lamela but was an idiot with Kane, like the Sturridge pen I think the lino might have got it (not sure if he was on the right side) it was a stupid thing to do, the ball was going out, that being said it was a clear foul on reply but as you say hard to spot. My Liverpool supporting boss even admitted it was a pen.

He had an absolute horrible game, but I still think he needs to start. Shouldn't ruin his confidence based on one poor performance

Still when he has a shocker and he was all game I think we should have used Davies, Rose goes from being great to being shit, once we know what type of game he's having we need either to let him stay on or sub him.

Yep produced an amazing save from Lamela but was an idiot with Kane, like the Sturridge pen I think the lino might have got it (not sure if he was on the right side) it was a stupid thing to do, the ball was going out, that being said it was a clear foul on reply but as you say hard to spot. My Liverpool supporting boss even admitted it was a pen.
Not buying that talked up save. The commentators went into a frenzy about it. Wasn't near top corner, and Lamela hit it falling over. Was definitely one for the cameras.

I don't think Kane's one was a penalty either, same as Kane's against CP wasn't a penalty. I think penalties are given far too readily - remember the ref has to be 100% sure Dowd wasn't that's why he walked away.

I don't think Kane's one was a penalty either, same as Kane's against CP wasn't a penalty. I think penalties are given far too readily - remember the ref has to be 100% sure Dowd wasn't that's why he walked away.

There is for me a big difference between 100% sure and the correct outcome. Refs have to make decision split second and may see things from a bad angle, on replay Mingolet clearly fouls Kane in the penalty area which is a penalty but I understand why it wasn't given, only the linesman could have made the call, I am not blaming the ref for it.

Still when he has a shocker and he was all game I think we should have used Davies, Rose goes from being great to being shit, once we know what type of game he's having we need either to let him stay on or sub him.
Even with Davies there we would have trouble, Eriksen doesn't help out and we get exposed down the left all the time, its our weakness and has been all year

Back
Top Bottom