Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rose has definitely got better this season, and although I like Davis, Danny has the edge in his attacking play - he gives us a width we have missed more recently. I love his never-say-die attitude. Yes, he's not perfect, but then again, who is?

Thought he gave up for their goal, was running back at one point then very clearly dropped to a jog.
Didn't give up but he had to slow down as Welbeck cut back in front of him or give away a dangerous free kick and a get a yellow. In hindsight might have been worth it but I think it'd harsh to criticize him too much for that.

Didn't give up but he had to slow down as Welbeck cut back in front of him or give away a dangerous free kick and a get a yellow. In hindsight might have been worth it but I think it'd harsh to criticize him too much for that.
He should have chopped the cunt in half. On a serious note I think his attacking play today was immense. Defensively very suspect still, but he made the game very exciting & tormented Woolwich down his flank at times. Got to take the rough with the smooth. & Rose was fantastic.

Early in the game I was worried about the space he was leaving wide open. Positionally you would have to say that was cavalier, but it's a difficult ask to provide the attacking width in a game where the opponent is sitting back, and then also to be back fast enough every time to cover the left back area properly. If you're providing width that high up the pitch you need covering.

Still Rose's defensive tackling is impressive so it's not as clear cut as "he can attack but not defend". Anyway, their exploiting that area died down and Rose again had a quality game in terms of what he added to our attacking threat.

I was in favour of playing Davies at the start of the season because of the gaps Rose leaves but in this team, we need what Rose can do, higher up the pitch. They've still both got a place at Spurs though especially given the amount of games we always play.

Btw I loved Rose's battle with Welbeck yesterday. He was winding him up and they even had to switch Welbeck's position to prevent him getting himself sent off.

B9P2g37CQAEeY7i.jpg

Danny-Rose.jpg

Did a few naughty tackles along with Mason, but the sort that are ambiguous enough in real time to only result in a talking-to or yellow. Soft Spurs is dying. This is the reason we don't get bullied by teams like Chavs no more.

He is either a 8 out of 10 player or a 4 out of 10 player. Hardly ever in between. Saturday the good, tonight the very bad
:pochsulk:

He's only good when he's going against a RW that he's more athletic than.

Anytime a winger is just as fast and quick, he gets burnt.

Also, if you're going to make a run into the opponents box, you better bust your ass back on defense. Time and time again he's shown jogging back on an opponents goal.

His tackles are usually rash and untimely. I just don't think he has enough of a football brain to make the full transition to LB.

He's only good when he's going against a RW that he's more athletic than.

Anytime a winger is just as fast and quick, he gets burnt.

Also, if you're going to make a run into the opponents box, you better bust your ass back on defense. Time and time again he's shown jogging back on an opponents goal.

His tackles are usually rash and untimely. I just don't think he has enough of a football brain to make the full transition to LB.
And it seems like Poch picks him to face the pacey wingers. Would much rather a slower good defender handle the tough pacey/trick ones rather try and fight fire with fire

Only the pen was his fault tbh. First goal was nothing to do with him. Last goal it was Bentaleb's job to track Lallana and possibly Dier's (who I thought was great) job to stop Balotelli getting in front. He was sloppy but so was the rest of the team.
Think Davies deserves a shot now though as first choice.

Only the pen was his fault tbh. First goal was nothing to do with him. Last goal it was Bentaleb's job to track Lallana and possibly Dier's (who I thought was great) job to stop Balotelli getting in front. He was sloppy but so was the rest of the team.
Think Davies deserves a shot now though as first choice.
He was 1cm away from making the tackle, he didn't and it was a pen. Some pens are stupid, this one wasn't he had to make the tackle, he would be getting pelters if he stood there and did nothing. Don't see the point in giving him stick or calling for Davies, we have two left backs that on their day are very good. Seen same comments levelled at Davies when he has a poor game.

Last edited:
He was 1cm away from making the tackle, he didn't and it was a pen. Some pens are stupid, this one wasn't he had to make the tackle, he would be getting pelters if he stood there and did nothing. Don't see the point in giving him stick or calling for Davies, we have two left backs that on their day are very good. Seen same comments levelled at Davies when he has a poor game.
There were defenders in front of Sturridge, perhaps it would have been wiser for Rose to jockey and not lunge. I'll have to watch it again tbh to say whether or not he should have gone for the ball.
I think Rose is better than Davies btw but I think he could do with a break and we could use the rotation.

Back
Top Bottom