Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The reason why is because he was constantly in attack which forced Chadli inside. It happens when Sagna plays behind Navas for City, the fullback is constantly overlapping which is good at times but it means the winger has to constantly come inside. If Rose held back sometimes 1. he wouldn't knacker himself out and might actually do some fucking defending and 2. the winger would be able to use the wing and might be able to stick a decent cross in...

This is why I prefer Davies, he times his runs much better and holds back when necessary. We look much better defensively when he plays.

Rose a player with great talent but annoying lack of tracking back, if he fails to understand the fact his first priority is defence his career will suffer. Right now Davies for me is ahead.

Rose's attacking instincts means I don't mind him playing against weaker teams but any tough games Davies seems the better fit.

Rose a player with great talent but annoying lack of tracking back, if he fails to understand the fact his first priority is defence his career will suffer. Right now Davies for me is ahead.

Rose's attacking instincts means I don't mind him playing against weaker teams but any tough games Davies seems the better fit.
I disagree that Rose is a player with great talent, I'd say he is average at best. The only time I've watched him and been impressed was the QPR game and that isn't good!! I do agree that Davies is ahead, by a country mile!

The problem with using Rose against the weaker teams is that they are the matches that we NEED to pick up points from. We can't afford to drop more points against lesser opposition. Also I'd like to see Davies get a good run of games, if he is already performing better than Rose while being used only for cup matches, think of how good he could be after consecutive games.

As a Rose fan, I have to say that if he was as fired up about running back as he is making hard tackles he'd be a much better player. For that reason Davies is rightfully the prem 1st choice LB for now. Davies is also the better passer. Rose has a place, needs better consistency though. I expect these 2 to each switch between first and second choice many times.

3scHXBc.jpg

Surprising considering Rose seems like an empty personality. Does he even smile when we score?

Look at those eyes though, he's probably looking at Davies.:adeninja:

I disagree that Rose is a player with great talent, I'd say he is average at best. The only time I've watched him and been impressed was the QPR game and that isn't good!! I do agree that Davies is ahead, by a country mile!

The problem with using Rose against the weaker teams is that they are the matches that we NEED to pick up points from. We can't afford to drop more points against lesser opposition. Also I'd like to see Davies get a good run of games, if he is already performing better than Rose while being used only for cup matches, think of how good he could be after consecutive games.

Agreed, he was damn good in the QPR game and I think maybe one or two more but can't remember. Overall though I thought he was being overhyped a bit at the start of the season, getting plaudits from the west ham game onwards.

How has Ashley Young become a better full back than Rose? He really offers a lot going forward, but he never seems to be in the right position defensively. He seems to have all the footballing talent and physical attributes, but doesn't seem to be mentally right. I have always hoped this guy could push on and do a Kyle Walker transformation, but I am starting to get seriously worried that it might never happen for him. Is he an EPL full-back or a championship winger? Not sure

Hes probably dense as a motherfucker

Danny Rose hints at why some of his teammates can’t get a game under Mauricio Pochettino.

There are a few Tottenham players on the naughty list at the moment.

Etienne Capoue, Younes Kaboul and Emmanuel Adebayor have not played a minute in the league since the 2-1 reverse to Stoke in early November, while Aaron Lennon is struggling to make the 18 on match-days.

Given that the quartet all started the first game of the season at West Ham, and Kaboul and Adebayor were named club captain and vice-captain respectively, their recent omissions represent a dramatic change in policy from Mauricio Pochettino…and Danny Rose seems to know what’s prompted the boss’ decision.

“We are getting there slowly but surely under the new manager. We are understanding his philosophies,” Rose is quoted as saying by the Mirror.

“Let’s just say if you don’t work hard under the manager, you’re not playing! You better make sure you give 100 per cent each day in training, which is very hard and intense.

“But I really enjoy it. As the long as the manager sees you are willing to work hard and want to fight hard for your team-mates then you will go far with him.”

Last season, Tim Sherwood hinted that Capoue was not working hard enough to win back his place in the team after being dropped and it seems the Frenchman has reverted to form under Pochettino. Adebayor, meanwhile, is hardly famed for his determination or work-rate on the training field, so it’s not hard to imagine that the trio’s omission is down to attitude.

Rose, by contract, has been among our most consistent performers this season and he bagged his first goal of the season in Thursday’s amazing 5-3 victory over Chelsea.

The 24-year-old left back believes a shift in mentality was to thank for the result against the league leaders.

“It’s amazing what a bit of confidence can do, especially after going 1-0 behind,” Rose said.

“In the past when Tottenham have gone 1-0 behind to bigger teams we have sometimes crumbled. But we showed great character against Chelsea on Thursday.

“People say they never saw that result coming and after the first goal neither did I. It looked like it was going to be a long evening.

“But it shows how far we have come from a couple of months ago when we were winning one and losing one – especially at home when we were struggling against so-called lesser teams.

“We've had a great Christmas period.”

Gotta say I love the way he likes to get in the box.
Did it against Stoke last season when he headed in from Ade's cross. Also forced an own goal at Southampton (or Sunderland) deep inside the box.
Did it against Chavs right before half time- how many full backs do a lung busting goal to goal just before the break? And before that when Chadli missed with the scissor kick Rose was waiting on the left side of the 6 yard box.
Great goal today. Started his run near half way line and was there when Soldado passed it across the face of the goal (something we'd hardly see at Spurs).

Back
Top Bottom