Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't really understand any of the stick Rose gets and why people want Davies ahead of him with how iffy he's been in the cups. Seriously Davies made several bad errors today that would have been costly against better opposition but I guess no one will mention that because his name isn't Rose?

Same goes for the Dier and Naughton situation. Naughton still gets tonnes of stick, way, way more than Dier even though Dier has made several mistakes this season leading to goals. Of course Dier's mistakes will be glossed over and Naughton will get endless abuse the second he puts a foot wrong.

I could say the same about Lamela and Townsend, Stambouli and Bentaleb and Walker could even be brought into this with how little room for error he's given by the fans.
Why the hell is this? Why does no-one have time for our academy graduates/long serving players as opposed to new signings? It's just ridiculous and needs to stop.

Let me just clarify quickly, I really rate Dier and Davies as future talents but for now it's going to need a huge change for either to get anywhere near challenging Rose and Naughton for their places.

That's not good to see. What's wrong ?

Rose is an adequate full back in a poor team which has substandard tactics. He gets little cover from the midfield, and none at all when he pushes forward. At a better team he would be a better player. But then better teams have better players than him !!

he caught a dirty flying knee from a stoke player towards then end but managed to somehow soldier on. Looked like he was holding his ribs. Could be a bad one.

Can Davies be that much worse?

I don't know the extent of Roses injury and no idea whether he'll be back for our next game or not but Davies is a solid defensive defender. He's much better defending then he is going forward. It's a shame Naughton is suspended as them two as full backs would offer a little more solidarity out wide, providing they're not solely used as our width going forward.

Now just to find a way to get Dier in alongside Vertonghen to form a solid pairing and we have the making of a defence that MAY stop conceding a goal a game.

How nobody has bumped this forum I don't know! Danny Rose was shocking yesterday!! His performance pissed me off so much and if I was Poch I'd 100% drop him.

I know he has come back from injury but so has Walker and his performance was 1,000,000 times better than Rose.

I was so pissed off as you can tell

How nobody has bumped this forum I don't know! Danny Rose was shocking yesterday!! His performance pissed me off so much and if I was Poch I'd 100% drop him.

I know he has come back from injury but so has Walker and his performance was 1,000,000 times better than Rose.

I was so pissed off as you can tell

I didn't really notice him stand out as being poor, especially not around a few others in the team. Much prefer the pace of Walker/Rose on the flanks

I didn't really notice him stand out as being poor, especially not around a few others in the team. Much prefer the pace of Walker/Rose on the flanks
Are you serious? He didn't track back at all! If he was knackered then stop going forward, defending is priority.... I think the commentators even mentioned it (might have imagined it in my blind rage)

I'd have gone mental if I was Poch.

Are you serious? He didn't track back at all! If he was knackered then stop going forward, defending is priority.... I think the commentators even mentioned it (might have imagined it in my blind rage)

I'd have gone mental if I was Poch.

That's normal for him, though. Surprised we don't sing

"Danny Rose, Danny Rose
Running down the wing
Danny Rose, Danny Rose
Doesn't do a thing
Thinks he's in attack
Doesn't track back
Danny Rose, Danny Rose, Danny Rose"

That's normal for him, though. Surprised we don't sing

"Danny Rose, Danny Rose
Running down the wing
Danny Rose, Danny Rose
Doesn't do a thing
Thinks he's in attack
Doesn't track back
Danny Rose, Danny Rose, Danny Rose"
Well yesterday it was all I could see on the pitch! All of the counter attacks went down his side and put us under pressure. I am shocked that you didn't notice, I really am.

If you get the chance to watch the game back, do it and you'll see (when the lights are on) and be as angry/pissed off as I am/was.

Well yesterday it was all I could see on the pitch! All of the counter attacks went down his side and put us under pressure. I am shocked that you didn't notice, I really am.

If you get the chance to watch the game back, do it and you'll see (when the lights are on) and be as angry/pissed off as I am/was.

Perhaps. In his defense, I didn't see anyone else on the left wing at all except for him

Perhaps. In his defense, I didn't see anyone else on the left wing at all except for him
The reason why is because he was constantly in attack which forced Chadli inside. It happens when Sagna plays behind Navas for City, the fullback is constantly overlapping which is good at times but it means the winger has to constantly come inside. If Rose held back sometimes 1. he wouldn't knacker himself out and might actually do some fucking defending and 2. the winger would be able to use the wing and might be able to stick a decent cross in...

The reason why is because he was constantly in attack which forced Chadli inside. It happens when Sagna plays behind Navas for City, the fullback is constantly overlapping which is good at times but it means the winger has to constantly come inside. If Rose held back sometimes 1. he wouldn't knacker himself out and might actually do some fucking defending and 2. the winger would be able to use the wing and might be able to stick a decent cross in...

Perhaps, but it did work with Beckham/Neville

Back
Top Bottom