Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So what you are saying is Rose will play on the wing with davies behind him....

Whilst it's certainly possible, he's shown some good performances in defence under Poch.

I expect they'll compete, but the role Poch seems to play seems to be a hybrid of left winger and defender, almost an attacking wing back, so it makes little odds.

I've said previously that it wouldn't surprise me to see davies as a left sided CB of a back three, walker being on the flanks with rose, complimented by two more at the back and a covering midfielder (like Schniederlin's position last season maybe)

I know its fashionable to hate on Rose these days but I'm glad. If he could just work on not fouling as much he'd be fine. He's made a few costly mistakes but no more than Vertonghen made last season.
I think Wolf Wolf hit the nail on the head. It's Rose's off the ball play that is his biggest weakness, and the easiest to put right. The comparison with Walker when they lose possession is quite striking.

I know its fashionable to hate on Rose these days but I'm glad. If he could just work on not fouling as much he'd be fine. He's made a few costly mistakes but no more than Vertonghen made last season.

That world class tackle when the ref sent him off made me sick.....even more sickened when I had to put up with Spurs fans blaming Rose for being wrongly sent off, and us wrongly having a penalty given against us.

When your own fans acknowledge the ref was wrong, but still blame you for making the (perfectly timed) tackle....well, what chance is there to ever get credit..

That world class tackle when the ref sent him off made me sick.....even more sickened when I had to put up with Spurs fans blaming Rose for being wrongly sent off, and us wrongly having a penalty given against us.

When your own fans acknowledge the ref was wrong, but still blame you for making the (perfectly timed) tackle....well, what chance is there to ever get credit..
Oh that pissed me off so much, the sending off not the fans, I was too annoyed to even touch anything football for days after that so fortunately for me I missed the Rose hate. If that's true it's just more proof people like to pick scape goats and protect their favourite players by blaming them.

Oh now you've reminded me about the Chelsea sending off as well and how it got me so angry I stamped on my injured ankle so hard I sprained it so hard it turned black and blue :walker-scream:

Whilst it's certainly possible, he's shown some good performances in defence under Poch.

I expect they'll compete, but the role Poch seems to play seems to be a hybrid of left winger and defender, almost an attacking wing back, so it makes little odds.

I've said previously that it wouldn't surprise me to see davies as a left sided CB of a back three, walker being on the flanks with rose, complimented by two more at the back and a covering midfielder (like Schniederlin's position last season maybe)

His first touch of the ball under Poch was a typical Rose hospital pass out of defense that led to an attack where they should have scored.

He's a liability. I hope he is nowhere near a back. 4 for us. He has not shown the slightest glint of improvement from a defensive point of view.

Fingers crossed he's going to be cup cannon fodder or a third string winger.

If he is in the prem at lb, he will be targeted.

From a business point of view (is there any other view with our friend Daniel), Rose's stock can’t get any worse than it is already, and we need cover in that position.

Let’s hope Poch can do something about Rose's lack of defensive priorities, or at least culture a DM relationship that will actually cover the position when Rose is frequently caught up the pitch.

Whatever your opinion of Rose. I find it encouraging that players want to remain at the club. Especially as with Rose, its pretty nailed on he is gonna be second choice. And I sure he could have got regular first team football elsewhere for a very similar wage.

Whatever your opinion of Rose. I find it encouraging that players want to remain at the club. Especially as with Rose, its pretty nailed on he is gonna be second choice. And I sure he could have got regular first team football elsewhere for a very similar wage.
I'm not at all convinced Davies will be the nailed on starter people expect.

To be fair to the kid, after his interview, I've changed my mind about him a little bit. I can't dislike him when he's as professional as he came across in the interview. Hopefully the competition will help him realise his potential.

Last edited:
I'm not at all convinced Davies will be the nailed on starter people expect.

I reckon he will just because he is definitely better on the defensive side of things and Rose can't cross for shit and loves a blind alley. We need a solid defensive player at left back because the player infront of him won't be tracking back much.

I just saw somewhere that Rose has impressed Poch in the pre-season. The contract extension obviously speaks to that. Didn't realize that Rose was having such a positive spell

Back
Top Bottom