Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's one of the most negligent, profit over glory decisions that's been made in the history of the club. Genuinely believe that. We just couldn't resist that 11 million. Sickening.
Bullshit. Dembele wanted to leave, he himself has been pushing for a move away for 2 seasons now, he has actually confirmed this himself. He could no longer put his body through what he had to do to play in one of the most physically demanding leagues, in one of the most physically demanding teams.

He wanted out, we were OK with that. And "we" means Poch and Levy. It suited ALL parties. (FWIW he was my favourite players to watch, he is the reason why I part with cash to watch football).

I hope that Daniel & Poch's relationship is better than some posters are making it out to be - reading through the last few pages, anyone would think that they are at loggerheads, when in reality they probably have the closest relationship between manager and chairman.
I don't think either of them are perfect, and mistakes have been made along the way, but they are perfect for us, IMO.
I don't believe spending money just for the sake of it is going to solve our problems, nearly every transfer is a risk, so I can understand why we haven't splashed the cash.
If we can hold onto 3rd/4th place, and even if we don't get to the final, it will still be a successful season, considering all the setbacks we have had to deal with.

Last edited:

Finally, Barnett was also asked about the toughest club chairmen he has negotiated with. When suggested that it could be Daniel Levy, he responded: “Daniel Levy is one of the most honourable men I know.

“He thinks he’s good (in negotiations), but so am I and I think I’m better. It’s very hard to do business with him, in a nice way.

“He wants the most and I want the most so we argue. But the one thing is that we shake hands on it and we don’t need paper. His word is 100%.”

Big up Daniel "Iron Balls" Levy. Why should we do that lot any favours?

The spammers are 4 points below us, and i still havent forgoten that they beat us 3 times last season.

They need to know their place. Fuck them, thier cunty chairmen and thier cunty mouth breathing fans.

I'm sure Levy will be most upset that he didnt help them out next time their rabble are squawking about Hitler coming for him.

Last edited:
Levy haters need to stop using clubs like Chelsea, United, goons or city as a benchmark. Better to look at villa and Everton as similar sized clubs who have flirted with the regular top/5 spot but have failed to get there as consistently as us in the last 6 seasons.

Fuck even Liverpool have been below is more often than not bar one freak season where a world class player dragged them to 2nd place.

I'm not exactly levy's biggest fan. He has made some dreadful decisions or even non-decisions in his time. But he's also done a huge amount of great work to keep us, with our tiny stadium and comparatively low revenue, always pushing to break the monopoly of the big money clubs. Name me one chairman who always makes perfect decisions?

His brinkmanship of transfers still blows up in our faces occasionally. Yet this same behavior has seen us get very good fees for players who really could have gone for much less.

I had a pretty big house extension done 10 years ago. Took quite a long time, my Dad who used to be in the trade often said he was impressed by the building team, we eventually got there and things have been good ever since. A few years ago my neighbours got a similar extension done, it flew up compared to ours and they were pretty smug, that's until they went to get their completion certificates... They were missing key sign-offs from steels and electrics going in. Some stuff had to be ripped apart, I think in the end they sold the house and indemnified the extension.

The hard work that has gone into the club will be here for years to come. Look at Villa, another one on the brink of collapse as they can't finance their spending.

Levy wants secured revenue streams before he over-commits. If at this point he still penny pinches I will be at the front of the queue asking questions, until then I have to believe...

Surely he has to say something? I’m not overly bothered that we haven’t signed anyone as we kept everyone we wanted to keep including Toby. But to not sign anyone??

I’m just fucking baffled more than anything!

At least we have a settled squad who know the system.

But I still want answers Levy!

:levystare:
I don't think he needs to say anything. We all know how the land lies. I'd rather we bought no-one than waste money on the wrong player. Too many people are taken in by the media pressure for us to splash the cash before we are taken as serious contenders. Excuse my French, but screw them. We should be thanking our lucky stars that we have Harry, Hugo, Christian, Dele, Jan, Kieran, Davison, Ben, Eric, Erik, Moussa, Sonny in our team. We might not quite be at Man City level, but we'll give everyone else a run for their money.

I think it’s madness not to be happy with Levy. He’s not perfect, but he runs the club like a business and our growth under him has been superb.

By value we’re in the top 10 (Forbes). And we’re alone in that top 10 as not being a multiple and sustained title winning club. What business do we have being in that group? League, FA and UEFA cup wins are distant memories.

We’re up there because Levy and co have squeezed every possible ounce of potential out of the club to get to where we are, whilst our bigger rivals spend multitudes of what we do. And now, the club is about to pivot into the big time with the new stadium and a team jammed full of stars and one of the best managers in the world. WTF!

To do all this, and yet still miraculously be one of the most financially secure clubs in the fucking world is simply incredible.

In terms of history, Aston Villa, Leeds and so on are our equal. And whilst they have been crippled and relegated, we’ve become a Champions League regular who can compete with Real, Juve, Barca and Dortmund. Some serious neck winding in needs to be done.

I don’t know how anyone can hate Levy, he may be frustrating at times, but hate? No chance!!
He has had the vision to build this club from the bottom up, putting in place infrastructure that will last a lifetime, an infrastructure package that will generate a self sustaining income the likes of which this club has never had before, income and infrastructure that 90% of clubs throughout the whole of Europe will never surpass....then (and only then) can the club build a sustained flow of players to make this club compete at the next level above what it’s currently competing at, and only ever selling its top players through choice, not “necessity”
I read an article recently that warned us of becoming Woolwich of 2006, failed promises of what a new stadium can offer, paying back banks instead of paying for players, whatching ticket prices increase while the quality on display decreases, new tourist and corporate fans ruining the atmosphere (like they had a fucking atmosphere to begin with)......well I call bullshit, why?.......Daniel Levy is no mug!!

I Obviously winning the Champions League this year will be the greatest night in the clubs history and I'll be the first to get Levy tattood on my arse but until then I'm just putting some perspective on why a sizeable section of the fan base have their reservations with the man in question . Which is what the post I was responding to was asking.

It's this bit that's just fantasy JT whilst I have no knowledge of the millions of fans around the world who support Spurs, it's clear that you claim you do, however in the ranks of Spurs fans I interact with on a regular basis 100% would tell you Levy is the best chairman we've ever had, 100% would tell you he's done more for our club in the last twenty years than any previous chairman in the last 120 years, and sure 100% would have a moan about transfers and salaries, but that's not 'reservations' that's just banter.

Who would you swap him for? who's better at running an EPL Football Club? when you talk to every other club (even the sugar daddy ones) they all will tell you Levy is a genius, he's taken a mid-table club and moved them into Europe's top ten with no extra money ... just who else has done that?

Last edited:
Poch doesnt want the domestics and we're more than good enough to win them, without huge investment.

So that basically means people are demanding the title and CL. Imagine that....imagine that this team, with its shit back up and championship midfield and full backs have reached the CL quarters, sit 3rd in the table and havent played a home game in two years.

And its all just shit to some

There is no discussion to have over ENIC/Levy. Get into that stadium for that CL quarters and tell me they haven't done a good job. People want success without working for it, if you want that kindly f*ck off to Chelsea/City and you can join Twitter and debate Fan accounts that have never been to a footy game in their life.

I love the man, long may he reign. Rightly or wrongly he's only ever done what he has thought is right for the club, and that's involved a few missteps along the way. But I wouldn't change him for anybody.

Back
Top Bottom