Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So easy to forget that Eriksen is only 23 and i don't think has reached his full potential yet.

Too true, especially considering his strongest traits are mental ones in reading the game, player movements etc. and those are the ones, players are mrelikely to increase, once they go beyond their early 20's :pochohshit:

Would like to see Eriksen get more shots on goal next season as we all know how good his shooting is. Was absolutely critical to our goalscoring season before last but chipped in a little short for my liking in 2015/2016.

Not to say he didn't have a good season because I still think his creating ability is vastly overlooked by a lot of our support, but we should utilize his strengths as best we can in terms of his goalscoring.

Would like to see Eriksen get more shots on goal next season as we all know how good his shooting is. Was absolutely critical to our goalscoring season before last but chipped in a little short for my liking in 2015/2016.

Not to say he didn't have a good season because I still think his creating ability is vastly overlooked by a lot of our support, but we should utilize his strengths as best we can in terms of his goalscoring.
We need to remember where he's usually being asked to shoot from, though.

He's not one of the front 3 usually making runs into the box, he's the provider, so when he's shooting, it's usually from long range. Even with his freakish accuracy it's a lot bigger ask to score from 25 yards than 10 yards.

We need to remember where he's usually being asked to shoot from, though.

He's not one of the front 3 usually making runs into the box, he's the provider, so when he's shooting, it's usually from long range. Even with his freakish accuracy it's a lot bigger ask to score from 25 yards than 10 yards.

Yeah that's exactly my point though, I realise he carries a lot of the creative burden, but there is no reason that Christian shouldn't be allowed to roam in and around the box more than he currently is. Oftentimes he is the one to make the clever run which takes defenders away and clears space for a teammate, but I would like to see teammates taking people away from him and allowing him to get more shooting opportunities. Not to say that the likes of Alli and Lamela shouldn't be getting into the box as well, but they should rotate to keep defenders guessing.

Yeah that's exactly my point though, I realise he carries a lot of the creative burden, but there is no reason that Christian shouldn't be allowed to roam in and around the box more than he currently is. Oftentimes he is the one to make the clever run which takes defenders away and clears space for a teammate, but I would like to see teammates taking people away from him and allowing him to get more shooting opportunities. Not to say that the likes of Alli and Lamela shouldn't be getting into the box as well, but they should rotate to keep defenders guessing.
I think our tactics have changed to more of a 4-3-3 of late, with Eriksen sitting deeper and specifically not making those runs. Not to say he can't, and I would like to see him to do that more as well, it's just that Pochettino seems to be using him in more of a Modric-esque role than the Van der Vaart role he played when he first started at Spurs.

It's funny - he popped up and scored so many vital goals in the 14/15 season, then scored less last season but still contributed massively by improving his chance creation.

If he puts the two together next season, we've got a world-beater on our hands.

Would be very surprised any key players in the Premier League (and Erkisen is one) will go to Serie A. Unless a player is +28yr or Juve come calling, no-one will want to leave the highest profile league in the world. Let alone one of the best and most recognised AM's in it.

I'll just repeat myself over Eriksen:

He has repeatedly said to Danish interviews, that he considers his career as a journey of experiences, and that he will want to play in different leagues, so I reckon he will probably go from us to Spain and then onwards to either Italy or even outside Europe.

CL or lack of it doesn't appear to be of much concern to him.

I'll just repeat myself over Eriksen:

He has repeatedly said to Danish interviews, that he considers his career as a journey of experiences, and that he will want to play in different leagues, so I reckon he will probably go from us to Spain and then onwards to either Italy or even outside Europe.

CL or lack of it doesn't appear to be of much concern to him.
Yeah nomad/mercenary

Back in 2012, whilst still at Ajax, the Danish international explained: “It is true I am a Roma fan. After each game with Ajax, the first thing I do is look at the result of Roma.”

“I do not know exactly when I became a fan of the red and yellow, but I remember when I was nine, playing FIFA Manager 2001, I always took Roma. I’d be thrilled to wear the jersey one day of Roma.”

Back in 2012, whilst still at Ajax, the Danish international explained: “It is true I am a Roma fan. After each game with Ajax, the first thing I do is look at the result of Roma.”

“I do not know exactly when I became a fan of the red and yellow, but I remember when I was nine, playing FIFA Manager 2001, I always took Roma. I’d be thrilled to wear the jersey one day of Roma.”

I can just see levy now.

' OK, Christian you have made it clear you wish to play in Rome, boyhood dream and all that '

' so I have agreed a deal, you sign for Lazio tomorrow '

Back
Top Bottom