Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll just repeat myself over Eriksen:

He has repeatedly said to Danish interviews, that he considers his career as a journey of experiences, and that he will want to play in different leagues, so I reckon he will probably go from us to Spain and then onwards to either Italy or even outside Europe.

CL or lack of it doesn't appear to be of much concern to him.

Could you link any of that? Danish is fine....fuck these English cunts :pochlol:

I haven't seen or heard of him saying so, though I admittedly get the majority of my news in foreign media, so might have missed it. Not that I don't believe you; would just love to see his wording of those ambitions myself.

To him saying this about it being a journey, I've got two comments with a more positive spin.

1) If that was true, he'd have left Ajax sooner, as it's well-known he had several chances at. He might fancy a journey, but only if and when it favours his career.

2) When I was in my early 20's, I could list 10 countries, I wanted to try and live in by the time I was 35, and I know a lot of people who felt the same. By mid to late 20's you begin to truly grow up and realize, that staying put isn't half bad. He's still young, and might come to realize quite soon that the grass isn't by definition greener elsewhere.

I'll just repeat myself over Eriksen:

He has repeatedly said to Danish interviews, that he considers his career as a journey of experiences, and that he will want to play in different leagues, so I reckon he will probably go from us to Spain and then onwards to either Italy or even outside Europe.

CL or lack of it doesn't appear to be of much concern to him.
And suddenly the Hamsik chat isn't so absurd

Could you link any of that? Danish is fine....fuck these English cunts :pochlol:

I haven't seen or heard of him saying so, though I admittedly get the majority of my news in foreign media, so might have missed it. Not that I don't believe you; would just love to see his wording of those ambitions myself.

To him saying this about it being a journey, I've got two comments with a more positive spin.

1) If that was true, he'd have left Ajax sooner, as it's well-known he had several chances at. He might fancy a journey, but only if and when it favours his career.

2) When I was in my early 20's, I could list 10 countries, I wanted to try and live in by the time I was 35, and I know a lot of people who felt the same. By mid to late 20's you begin to truly grow up and realize, that staying put isn't half bad. He's still young, and might come to realize quite soon that the grass isn't by definition greener elsewhere.

Agree in general, but in regards to point 2, you have to make the stipulation of earnings and future earnings impact. I think if a player could happily trapse between Ajax, Spurs, Juventus, Munich, PSG, and Madrid they would in a heartbeat.

I don't think Eriksen would leave for Roma at this point in his career without a massive wage boost. He'll have enough people around him talking sense to prevent that misstep. But if Juventus called, we may have a struggle considering their success recently in Europe and the fact that that move certainly wouldn't damage his career earnings potential.

As you said, it's easy to view the world in an idealistic light when you're 20. As you mature you understand the impacts of the decisions you make. In short, you lose the romance.

No way he's leaving with all that cringey social media stuff we've got him doing
FIFA-14-cover-art.png

He needs to be on a minimum of 60k. Lamela is on 70k already and he is in talks too, so his wages may go up a little more, so if you are Eriksen you're thinking you want to at least hit that 70k mark really. I don't see any reason not to pay it, he is one of our most consistent performers, he's still young, seems to get on with it. He's been underpaid compared to some of his team mates for some time so hope the club just give him what he's due.

Back
Top Bottom