Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also Carlo Ancelotti has a slim chance of winning the Spanish League, League Cup and Champions League if things go his way this year. First Real Madrid manager to get them into the final for an age. Would you seriously consider leaving that for us?

BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES KeaneBean KeaneBean

Walker our best player?

Tbh if naughton was quicker I'd take him over walker...the kid can't cross and loves a defensive brain explosion....

I'd say probably Lloris, but Walker definitely second. His crossing isn't that bad, there's a reason he was talking our free kicks and corners when Eriksen and Siggy were benched. Also his defending this year had been head and shoulders above the rest of our defense. The hiccup against Chelsea was the only one this year, I don't count the United one because he was very unfortunate with how the ball bobbled. I was right behind it actually.

What I love about Walker is if he or the team loses the ball and he's at the oppositions corner flag, he busts an absolute gut to get back to defend. His workrate is ridiculous.

Also Carlo Ancelotti has a slim chance of winning the Spanish League, League Cup and Champions League if things go his way this year. First Real Madrid manager to get them into the final for an age. Would you seriously consider leaving that for us?
What could he do with Madrid after that?

I thought Walker was our best player this year. Genuinely head and shoulders above all our defence and apart from that back header at Chelsea and a couple soft penalties I thought he was terrific. Even alongside Dawson and the high line (shudders)

Completely agree. Thought he was excellent until injury. Remembering the Sunderland and Fulham games in particular, he seemed to be running the game from right back. Hugely improved from last season.

False Dawns, I don't believe in them because I don't fall for them. I've said ever since ENIC took over, and for a long before that we won't be realistic challengers for the Big 2 trophies for the foreseeable future. We get what you could expect from the the 6th/7th biggest club in the country, 4th to 10th. The only thing I would expect more is another trophy by now, a Lge/FA Cup. And it's true in the last 5 years we've commendably overachieved in the lge from what I'd expect.

So there've been no false dawns for me, just sun, clouds and rain as you'd expect with the odd snowstorm.:thumbup:

BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES KeaneBean KeaneBean

Walker our best player?

Tbh if naughton was quicker I'd take him over walker...the kid can't cross and loves a defensive brain explosion....
Yeah I think he's the only person who has made a marked improvement since last year other than Ade, and I can't name Ade as my player of the year as he's only been involved for half the season when we were mostly out of both cups. Walker has been brilliant though, be gutted for him if he can't make the world cup.

He has to be played as a 10 next season. I made it a point to really pay attention to him defensively today and it just absolutely isn't there. Granted this was an off day, but I don't really remember him making any key defensive plays for at least the past few games. I may be forgetting a game or two though, correct me if I'm wrong.

He has to be played as a 10 next season. I made it a point to really pay attention to him defensively today and it just absolutely isn't there. Granted this was an off day, but I don't really remember him making any key defensive plays for at least the past few games. I may be forgetting a game or two though, correct me if I'm wrong.

nope, spot on. he's pretty shit defensively, though you can hardly blame him for being played out of position. at least he can be useful on the left though... the one thing I will never, NEVER, understand is the inclusion of siggy in a midfield two. sigh.

Absolutely. Has been so good outside, much better than I hoped for, but we need to play him inside. That is where he expects to play and where he was signed to play (he said that much when he-whose-name-must-not-be-spoken signed him).

He needs to be played inside.

Also, we need to sort formation TF out and soon. No more pissing around with players out of position. Find a basis formation that suit the new manager and flog off the player who don't fit in.

I loved Eriksen's "what the fuck?" face to Pauline and Ada after their free kick bottling against WHam. Shows he cares and knows a couple of cowardly wasters when he sees them.

Perhaps we could do worse than make Eriksen player manager next year!

I loved Eriksen's "what the fuck?" face to Pauline and Ada after their free kick bottling against WHam. Shows he cares and knows a couple of cowardly wasters when he sees them.

Eriksen reacts every time we concede and every time we score. The guy is out there every week to win a ball game, not just to collect his paycheck. Class act through and through.

10343680_10152155421598505_7460384938804481919_n.jpg

Static stretching has been shown to increase risk of injury grrr. Should be reserved for the end of training with dynamic stretching taking place before. #physios/medical/trainingteamOUT!

Back
Top Bottom