Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the things I really like about Christian Eriksen is that he's a good representative for any club he plays for, because of his personality and professionalism.

Eskimo Eskimo a true hipster would know that he isn't a winger but a wide playmaker, or even an Iniesta/Cazorla-style interieur

I think this role works when faced with a shit team..
it fails when we actually need eriksen to have some positional awareness and track back.. the only way I see him succeeding long term out wide against all clubs is if we revert to a 4-3-3 and the wing forwards don't have to track back nor stay in their position.
would still rather him centrally and us go and buy a LM..
a midfield next yr of sandro, dembele and eriksen has all the right ingredients..lamela out wide on the right, ade in the middle and whoever we buy on the left..
we would also have plenty of players to tinker with this midfield as we have capoue, paulinho, holtby, bentalab, carroll, Livermore as players who could all feature..

edit..
personally I think we should sell Livermore and loan out bentalab and keep capoue, paulinho, holtby, as well as carroll (its his make or break yr)..a midfield with 4 reserves seems adequate

Eskimo Eskimo a true hipster would know that he isn't a winger but a wide playmaker, or even an Iniesta/Cazorla-style interieur

Like Bale or VDV give him the freedom to go and find space, he can start nominally on the left or centre but really he should be given licence to go and find space where he wants. I have said it a few times but I am really convinced like Bale and Modric we have a real gem on our hands, in 2 years he will be amazing, in 3 years he will be playing in Madrid.

Would love us to get Lallana in the summer, imagine him and Eriksen playing together, they would be our own David-Silva and Nasri combination, able to pass through any team.

Just because you play on the left/right doesn't mean you have to be a winger. That a myth created by hipsters.

I said the same thing recently, so you are preaching to the choir. I liked the choir until they sold out and started taking donations.

If you play him on the left but in an attacking role, I'm all for it. Wingplay bombing up and down etc is not good for his style.

Would love us to get Lallana in the summer, imagine him and Eriksen playing together, they would be our own David-Silva and Nasri combination, able to pass through any team.

I am hoping the next manager drills Lamela and Eriksen a lot (ooeer) to do the same type of thing. IMO we should lock down the middle of the pitch with monsters, and pretty much give the 2 free reign to build up a partnership. I am also convinced we need a solid player between them to make up for their frailties.

A Paulinho, Dembele or Bentaleb would be a good balance, and put monsters behind them like the beast and Capoue to mop up breakdowns.

I am hoping the next manager drills Lamela and Eriksen a lot (ooeer) to do the same type of thing. IMO we should lock down the middle of the pitch with monsters, and pretty much give the 2 free reign to build up a partnership. I am also convinced we need a solid player between them to make up for their frailties.

A Paulinho, Dembele or Bentaleb would be a good balance, and put monsters behind them like the beast and Capoue to mop up breakdowns.

From what I am getting you seem to be favouring the current Peligreini Manchester City system with two midfielders say Sandro and Bentaleb in DM and CM then Eriksen and Lamela pushed further forward in nominal left and right roles but with licence to roam and two strikers up top.

A guess you could call it a modern version of the classic 4-4-2 system but without wingers as such. It would solve our wing play issue in that we could abandon it and give us much greater fire power with two strikers and also give us balance between our creative players and our beasts. Only issue is that against the very best teams our middle might get stretched.

It would fit the traditions of our team as well, 4-4-2 with an attacking style, very Spursy, probably won't happen.

I still disagree with you. Respectfully, this time.

What about a 4-3-3 with one of the three center mids playing a little higher up the pitch? That role might suit Pauli, so we'd have finally figured out what to do with him. Also would eliminate the need for us to go out and spend money on new wingers, as we wouldn't necessarily need them in such a system.

From what I am getting you seem to be favouring the current Peligreini Manchester City system with two midfielders say Sandro and Bentaleb in DM and CM then Eriksen and Lamela pushed further forward in nominal left and right roles but with licence to roam and two strikers up top.

A guess you could call it a modern version of the classic 4-4-2 system but without wingers as such. It would solve our wing play issue in that we could abandon it and give us much greater fire power with two strikers and also give us balance between our creative players and our beasts. Only issue is that against the very best teams our middle might get stretched.

I want defined roles and no square pegs in round holes.

----------------Ade-------------
-Eriksen--Paulinho--Lamela-
--Capoue-------The beast----
NewLB--Vert--Kabs--Walker

Basically a packed 5 man midfield, 3 of which are great at interceptions and challenging 50/50's. I think its the best use of the players we have. The brazilians and Capoue have to be a solid base for our dangerous players. And we would have great depth as Dembele and Bentaleb can play Paulinhos role, and Vlad can play Capoue or the Beasts role. Plus we know at a pinch Dembele and Benty can play DM's too. To have these players as third string cover = a solid team. Holtby and Siggy can be backup for Eriksen or Lamela.

I still disagree with you. Respectfully, this time.

What about a 4-3-3 with one of the three center mids playing a little higher up the pitch? That role might suit Pauli, so we'd have finally figured out what to do with him. Also would eliminate the need for us to go out and spend money on new wingers, as we wouldn't necessarily need them in such a system.

That would be great too. Our best players are more central. Whatever it takes to get the right people in place to take the shots. (and non Lennon or Townsend scuffathons etc)

I want defined roles and no square pegs in round holes.

----------------Ade-------------
-Eriksen--Paulinho--Lamela-
--Capoue-------The beast----
NewLB--Vert--Kabs--Walker

Basically a packed 5 man midfield, 3 of which are great at interceptions and challenging 50/50's. I think its the best use of the players we have. The brazilians and Capoue have to be a solid base for our dangerous players. And we would have great depth as Dembele and Bentaleb can play Paulinhos role, and Vlad can play Capoue or the Beasts role. Plus we know at a pinch Dembele and Benty can play DM's too. To have these players as third string cover = a solid team. Holtby and Siggy can be backup for Eriksen or Lamela.

I would certainly play that way against the strongest teams, midfield domiantion has cost us against the top sides this year. On a side note if we don't buy a left back I wouldn't mind using Fryers, has looked good in defence when he has played I know he is not great going forward but I am more convered with a left backs ability to defend than attack, why we stick with Rose?

I would certainly play that way against the strongest teams, midfield domiantion has cost us against the top sides this year. On a side note if we don't buy a left back I wouldn't mind using Fryers, has looked good in defence when he has played I know he is not great going forward but I am more convered with a left backs ability to defend than attack, why we stick with Rose?

I dont know about Fryers because he compounds our main issue this season: Playing with sharpness/intelligence. he's a lot like Hudd: If he is close to players he will probably win the battle...But he's not reading the game good enough to enter the battle in the first place so he gets bypassed. Him and Rose have had me tearing my hair out when its come to stepping up and springing the offside trap etc.

You guys have watched the ineptitude of our current central midfield to move the ball vertically, and yet you want to call for a further shift to "monsters" and to move our creative talents wide in a 4-3-3? I just simply cannot wrap my brain around why people are still of such a stance. The idea has been absurdly popular for two years now, and after the season we've had I thought it would fizzle out like our attacks once the ball-carrier hits the attacking third, yet it remains.

You guys have watched the ineptitude of our current central midfield to move the ball vertically, and yet you want to call for a further shift to "monsters" and to move our creative talents wide in a 4-3-3? I just simply cannot wrap my brain around why people are still of such a stance. The idea has been absurdly popular for two years now, and after the season we've had I thought it would fizzle out like our attacks once the ball-carrier hits the attacking third, yet it remains.

Not in favour of playing just monsters, i.e a team of Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele, Bentaleb and Capoue rather our wing play has been so shit this season we might as well try something else. Man City as I have said play two midfielder monsters say Sandro and Bentaleb for us, two false wingers in Silva and Nasri (go where they want) and two strikers. Their foward players are given freedom while they remain strong in the centre, its a very balanced system and we have the players to fit it. I would only play 3 or more monsters against teams like Man City to stop them steam rolling us.

Back
Top Bottom