Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree about eriksen but I cant think of a single player who has been consistently good for us this season. I would give it to eriksen purely because when he has been good he has been excellent

As unpopular and controversial as it may be, I have to say it would probably be Bentaleb.

Although I do feel that Daws has been a lion in the team.

As unpopular and controversial as it may be, I have to say it would probably be Bentaleb.

Although I do feel that Daws has been a lion in the team.

Inclined to agree on Bentaleb, kid has been magnificent since he came into the side, barely put a foot wrong, the odd stray pass but those are mainly out of naivety and as such will be eradicated fairly quickly as he tends to learn pretty quickly from his mistakes.

Inclined to agree on Bentaleb, kid has been magnificent since he came into the side, barely put a foot wrong, the odd stray pass but those are mainly out of naivety and as such will be eradicated fairly quickly as he tends to learn pretty quickly from his mistakes.

I think as much as a scapegoat perhaps we all (mostly) made him out to be, he's not been spectacular or scored any goals, least of all match winning, but he's been very consistent in a good way amongst a team of fluctuating performances. He made an awful mistake against Benfica, but so has probably every one of our team this season in different matches.

Whilst Eriksen has had some great goals and games, he's had quite a number of games where you wouldn't even remember he played, especially under Villas-Boas, but also against some of the bigger teams lately.

The guy is one of our best players and will be absolute class next season, and is a brilliant player....BUT....still 50/50 delivery, and still settling. Loses possession as much as he creates, and he needs to up the good set piece percentage.

Very Modric like in his movement and is adapting quick and gets into goals scoring positions at will. Very good finisher too.

Also......all you people using "not playing Eriksen" as something to bash TS with can shut the fuck up....as can the HE PLAYS IN THE MIDDLE AND IS WASTED CUTTING IN FROM THE LEFT!!!!!!!! brigade

I challenge you to name one other than the Chelsea one. And I know it hurt but lets face it, it cost us nothing.
Off the top of my head the Rooney goal at the lane in the 2 2 draw where he basically passed it on a plate for rooney to tap it in, the west ham equaliser in the 2 1 cup defeat where he completely lost Jarvis and I seem to remember him being at fault for a couple of the goals against city away aswell but tbh I try to forget the goals we concede as soon as possible. Want to make it clear though that I do rate walker and he has been good this season but he needs to eradicate a lot of the silly errors he makes.

He's very versatile. I followed his closely when he played for Ajax and FDB played in a lot of positions. Last season I saw him play in CM and a few times he was deployed in the false 9 spot. He has a lot of great qualities, but as many of you have said, he's still an unfinished product. He's still young, but has a great head on his shoulders. I'm hoping we can witness his transformation into one of the best in the world (until we sell him to RM of course:baletroll:)

Seems to me that the biggest issue he yet struggles with is that fatal touch in and near the box to set him up for a shot at pace, for instance that superb run he made on the long ball that he chested down. He chested it too far wide and then took yet another tough, allowing the defender to catch him. Had he chested that directly toward goal he could've ran onto it for a volley or another touch straight at goal. With that kind of thing mastered, he'd be the stuff of world class.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head the Rooney goal at the lane in the 2 2 draw where he basically passed it on a plate for rooney to tap it in, the west ham equaliser in the 2 1 cup defeat where he completely lost Jarvis and I seem to remember him being at fault for a couple of the goals against city away aswell but tbh I try to forget the goals we concede as soon as possible. Want to make it clear though that I do rate walker and he has been good this season but he needs to eradicate a lot of the silly errors he makes.

The Rooney one I guess I forgot but it was fairly unlucky in that the ball bounced really awkwardly and for the Jarvis goal Walker had to cover whoever was playing alongside him as they were completely out of position. Walker for me has been our most consistent player this season, in front of Dembele.

Also......all you people using "not playing Eriksen" as something to bash TS with can shut the fuck up....as can the HE PLAYS IN THE MIDDLE AND IS WASTED CUTTING IN FROM THE LEFT!!!!!!!! brigade

But Sherwood did both of those things. Why perpetuate having Eriksen on the wing etc? Even when he has quality players at his disposal, he can fuck it up by not playing to our strengths. Eriksen should have more of a return with the ability he has.

IMO Phil Cornwall's impression is all too accurate of Sherwood. Walker in a free role, Lennon captain, Rose at left back, you can't make this shit up.

The guy is one of our best players and will be absolute class next season, and is a brilliant player....BUT....still 50/50 delivery, and still settling. Loses possession as much as he creates, and he needs to up the good set piece percentage.

Very Modric like in his movement and is adapting quick and gets into goals scoring positions at will. Very good finisher too.

I might be missing something here but what's wrong with wanting to play our best player in his optimum position?

EDIT: Just realised your comment was quite a while ago.

Our most consistent player for me has been Walker.

yh8Vok1.jpg

?

Playing Eriksen on the left is better than not playing him at all.

Not if you look at the opening goal vs Liverpool. He is not built for that, and it can be counter productive and lead to injuries. Him and Lamela could be wingers in the rest of Europe, but the prem is another level of cardio/steel. They should be nowhere near areas that need to be marshalled.

It's asking for a cricket score. AVB has already destroyed the confidence (and potentially the fitness) of lamela playing him on the wing.

he makes aaaaaaaaaaandre looooook shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite, Tim Sher wood, wood wood......
Not if you look at the opening goal vs Liverpool. He is not built for that, and it can be counter productive and lead to injuries. Him and Lamela could be wingers in the rest of Europe, but the prem is another level of cardio/steel. They should be nowhere near areas that need to be marshalled.

It's asking for a cricket score. AVB has already destroyed the confidence (and potentially the fitness) of lamela playing him on the wing.

Just because you play on the left/right doesn't mean you have to be a winger. That a myth created by hipsters.

Back
Top Bottom