Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For someone who has been at the club for 4 years, someone with so much potential, someone with so much experience being "not that bad" isn't good enough. It isn't good enough for a team aiming for the top 4 and it's nowhere near good enough for anyone thinking of challenging for the title.

2 goals and 3 assists from 12 games (1352 minutes). Janssen has 3 goals and 3 assists in 18 games (961 minutes). Statically, Janssen is more of a goal threat and provides more assists.

This is Janssen massively off form. Janssen who is 2 years younger. Janssen with only 1 years experience. Janssen who has only just moved to England. Janssen who has had less minutes.

I think this puts it into context just how bad he's doing. The only attacking player below him are GK and Sissoko. I don't think he's ever been this bad for us, and that's not what you want to see. You want to see players progress, develop and for all Eriksens potential he hasn't - he's stagnated.

Perhaps this isn't a dip in form but the new norm for him. Hopefully not, but it wouldn't be the first time.
Can't really argue with that, he is not performing at the level his talent says he should be.
Dele Alli is fit now, and I think Lamela will be straight back in when he is available, so Eriksen is most at risk of some time on the bench.

Ask yourself this.... Would City,Arse,Chelsea,Utd or liverpool have him as a starter ?, of course they wouldn't.
Yet we see people on here championing him, "look at his stats" etc.
Really hope the summer sees the end of him, he's a waste of a shirt as far as i'm concerned :(

Ask yourself this.... Would City,Arse,Chelsea,Utd or liverpool have him as a starter ?, of course they wouldn't.
Really hope the summer sees the end of him, he's a waste of a shirt as far as i'm concerned :(

At times they certainly would. Poch is sticking with him, he has had better moments and Poch must think that it will pay off.

For someone who has been at the club for 4 years
That's 3 years.. Come on.

Janssen has 3 goals and 3 assists in 18 games (961 minutes).
Janssen has scored 3 goals - from penalties only. And he's got 2 assists.. You're not stupid, are you?

Janssen with only 1 years experience.
I don't even.. WHAT?

Criticism of Eriksen is well deserved, but you are a fucking imbecile.

That's 3 years.. Come on.

Janssen has scored 3 goals - from penalties only. And he's got 2 assists.. You're not stupid, are you?

I don't even.. WHAT?

Criticism of Eriksen is well deserved, but you are a fucking imbecile.

Hasn't updated from the assist he got yesterday. So 3 assists.

Janssen has only been in the top flight for 1 year.

And Sagna, Ramsey, Moses, Young and Henderson wouldn't start for us.

Silly logic.

Hasn't updated from the assist he got yesterday. So 3 assists.

Janssen has only been in the top flight for 1 year.

Jesus fucking christ, don't you ever stop embarrassing yourself?
1) yesterday? 2 days ago, yeah?
2) he didn't get a fucking assist. He missed (again), saved by the keeper, fell to Winks. That's not an assist, and it's not registred as such anywhere.

Oh, so that's how you count footballing experience. Jamie Vardy won the PL and scored 20+ PL goals with 1 year of experience, pretty damn impressive! Where's that laughing-crying-smiley-thingy...

And don't mind the other retarded things you stated.

I'd have Ramsey or Henderson over Eriksen in a heartbeat, Eriksen is a joke of a player, if he doesn't fancy it, we play with ten men.............
They're different types of players, aren't they? Henderson isn't a bad player, but even on his best day he can't create the way that Eriksen can.

I think it's definitely a mental thing for him. It's probably in his head right now, not sure how Poch is gonna approach this

Been criticising him and then he scored a super goal. we're up 1-0.. then what... we keep dominating, get's in good position and this guy just wastes a couple of chances. because he scores one goal, he think he can score from anywhere? what's up with this guys attitude? had good options and was never going to score from where he was. looks like overconfidence. Not trying to blame him for the loss or anything but come on.. play for the team.

He's a great player, but Dembele's renaissance has arguably made him less influential as a playmaker. Dembele connects the play as much now.

I think Erikssen plays best when he is calling the shots. He looks unhappy at the moment and I wonder whether he regrets signing a new contract rather than going to Italy and having a side built around him.

He is genuine quality (recognised by Danes as their best player since Michael Laudrup) but like some players you only see how good they are when they are at the centre of things.

He's a great player, but Dembele's renaissance has arguably made him less influential as a playmaker. Dembele connects the play as much now.

I think Erikssen plays best when he is calling the shots. He looks unhappy at the moment and I wonder whether he regrets signing a new contract rather than going to Italy and having a side built around him.

He is genuine quality (recognised by Danes as their best player since Michael Laudrup) but like some players you only see how good they are when they are at the centre of things.
He only signed an extension for 2020. I think he'll be gone next summer, sadly. The extension is just so we can sell him at a higher fee

If we're serious about being a regular top 4 side, Eriksen is a great example of the kind of player we should be turfing out.
He wouldn't get near City,Utd,Arse,Chel,Pool starting elevens, and he should be nowhere near ours.
He has one good game in five, if we're lucky.
Hopefully gone in the summer.

If we're serious about being a regular top 4 side, Eriksen is a great example of the kind of player we should be turfing out.
He wouldn't get near City,Utd,Arse,Chel,Pool starting elevens, and he should be nowhere near ours.
Who could be realistically brought in that's better than Eriksen, though? He might not get into the starting elevens of those other teams, but that's because they all have some of the best #10s in the world (De Bruyne, Mata, Ozil, Coutinho, Hazard).

Who could be realistically brought in that's better than Eriksen, though? He might not get into the starting elevens of those other teams, but that's because they all have some of the best #10s in the world (De Bruyne, Mata, Ozil, Coutinho, Hazard).
And there lies the problem, we should be one of those teams, we filled wembly easily.
We are easily as big a club as those cunts, we need to stop this "wage structure" bollox.

Las season, he was quality, like many of our players this season, his form is poor, lets waite and see.

Back
Top Bottom