Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I realised that our players don't carry the ball and take on blokes as much as they can. Dembele and eriksen need to do it more, i called for it at half time against woolwich and dembele did it and won us a penalty.
and has anyone thanked you for providing such guidance? Sounds like we all owe you a great debt of thanks

Christ I can see Bazali disagreeing all over the place. I've got the cunt on ignore, but he still manages to get through my defences - the weary old goat.

Stop lying oxygen thief!

Just you!!

Now fuck off back into your drunken stupor!

Sounds a bit over committed. I'd use them in a demi-wave.
206533-demi-moore.jpg

He's so frustrating because he hasn't been very good. Having said that he still makes key passes in games when you look at things objectively. At the very least I would like to see someone else take free kicks. I don't think he's scored one for a year and how many chances has he had? 40?

Imid like to see it depend on the situation though, obviously Dier has a good delivery and shot but you want him in the box for corners. Dele likewise as we need to capitalise on the height, we don't trouble teams any where near enough from set pieces. Son had a go at corners and was random at best, Lamela also hit and miss.
At times I think they train with a completely different ball as they obviously practice but never come to anything than predictable or dreadful.

The problem with Eriksen is when rating players out of 10 as some papers do because he has been so good in past seasons and is potentially our best player we all expect him to be an 8 or 9 most matches. He was rated a 6 by sky as was Lloris, Wanyama and Dele. Janssen was scored a 5. This by his standards is poor but on a par with other players which is why he is still in the team. I suspect these markings are repeated as scored by non Spurs supporters for most matches this season. So whilst performing poorly by his standards is still vital to the team and contributes.

I thought Christian was poor by his own standards yesterday and maybe won't start against Monaco but focussed for the Chavs!

Up to Poch to find the means of motivating him because something clearly isn't clicking.

Problem is leaving him out of the starting lineup is still a huge gamble considering what kind of quality he can bring.

He wasn't even that bad

For someone who has been at the club for 4 years, someone with so much potential, someone with so much experience being "not that bad" isn't good enough. It isn't good enough for a team aiming for the top 4 and it's nowhere near good enough for anyone thinking of challenging for the title.

2 goals and 3 assists from 12 games (1352 minutes). Janssen has 3 goals and 3 assists in 18 games (961 minutes). Statically, Janssen is more of a goal threat and provides more assists.

This is Janssen massively off form. Janssen who is 2 years younger. Janssen with only 1 years experience. Janssen who has only just moved to England. Janssen who has had less minutes.

I think this puts it into context just how bad he's doing. The only attacking player below him are GK and Sissoko. I don't think he's ever been this bad for us, and that's not what you want to see. You want to see players progress, develop and for all Eriksens potential he hasn't - he's stagnated.

Perhaps this isn't a dip in form but the new norm for him. Hopefully not, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited:
For someone who has been at the club for 4 years, someone with so much potential, someone with so much experience being "not that bad" isn't good enough. It isn't good enough for a team aiming for the top 4 and it's nowhere near good enough for anyone thinking of challenging for the title.

2 goals and 3 assists from 12 games (1352 minutes). Janssen has 3 goals and 2 assists in 18 games (961 minutes). Statically, Janssen is more of a goal threat and provides more assists.

This is Janssen massively off form. Janssen who is 2 years younger. Janssen with only 1 years experience. Janssen who has only just moved to England. Janssen who has had less minutes.

I think this puts it into context just how bad he's doing. The only attacking player below him are GK and Sissoko. I don't think he's ever been this bad for us, and that's not what you want to see. You want to see players progress, develop and for all Eriksens potential he hasn't - he's stagnated.

Perhaps this isn't a dip in form but the new norm for him. Hopefully not, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah but I bet Eriksen runs more.

Back
Top Bottom