Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And there lies the problem, we should be one of those teams, we filled wembly easily.
We are easily as big a club as those cunts, we need to stop this "wage structure" bollox.

Not really. Financially, Spurs are closer to Everton than Liverpool.

1. Man United: 519 million
2. Man City: 463 million
3. Woolwich: 435 million
4. Chelsea: 420 million
5. Liverpool: 391 million
-gap of 134 million in revenue-
6. Tottenham: 257 million
-gap of 92 million in revenue-
7. Everton: 165 million

Deloitte Football Money League - Wikipedia

What matters ultimately is how much a club can pay in wages and transfer fees, not whether or not they can fill a 90,000-seater stadium (or even a stadium half the size, in Man City's case).

Last edited:
And there lies the problem, we should be one of those teams, we filled wembly easily.
We are easily as big a club as those cunts, we need to stop this "wage structure" bollox.

It's all well and good filling Wembley for th CL games, but to be able to offer the better wages we need to be filling a 60k plus stadium weekly, once we do this, I'm sure the wage structure will be evaluated....

It's all well and good filling Wembley for th CL games, but to be able to offer the better wages we need to be filling a 60k plus stadium weekly, once we do this, I'm sure the wage structure will be evaluated....
Perhaps, but Spurs will be paying for the stadium for many years, as with Woolwich, so they may retain the wage structure as it is.

Little Eric looked a bit more lively today. I want to see more of this. More of him making himself available for
a pass instead of hiding.

I'm so glad to see him starting to look like the old Christian again. We've been missing his creativity and goals lately, so this couldn't have come at a better time.

Interesting fact

Since his Premier League debut in September 2013, Eriksen has been involved in 55 goals in the competition (28 goals, 27 assists), with Eden Hazard the only midfielder with more (60 - while Mesut Ozil also has 55).

:dembelefingers:

:eriksenlol:

When he plays well, he's world class.

When he doesn't, he's worse than average.

He's been good past few games though, hopefully he'll carry on this form.

Interesting fact

Since his Premier League debut in September 2013, Eriksen has been involved in 55 goals in the competition (28 goals, 27 assists), with Eden Hazard the only midfielder with more (60 - while Mesut Ozil also has 55).

:dembelefingers:

:eriksenlol:
This is where the classic Spurs boo-boys come in with the inconsistency, lazyness and lightweight accusations.

Go.

This is where the classic Spurs boo-boys come in with the inconsistency, lazyness and lightweight accusations.

Go.
I find the inconsistency argument a bit unfair. If you watch Eriksen play he is almost always around the ball or available for a pass. He regularly covers every blade of grass on the pitch.
Watching on TV can be misleading. He may seem to disappear at times, but he really doesn't. His stats show his worth to the team. He is also still young (although seems much older!)
People start to criticise when he isn't scoring screamers from free kicks or putting corner balls on a sixpence. This ignores the shift he puts in every week. His stats don't lie.

I find the inconsistency argument a bit unfair. If you watch Eriksen play he is almost always around the ball or available for a pass. He regularly covers every blade of grass on the pitch.
Watching on TV can be misleading. He may seem to disappear at times, but he really doesn't. His stats show his worth to the team. He is also still young (although seems much older!)
People start to criticise when he isn't scoring screamers from free kicks or putting corner balls on a sixpence. This ignores the shift he puts in every week. His stats don't lie.

He's younger than the eternally young Tom Carroll, comparing their ages and careers I think there is still a lot of time for Eriksen to develop.

Exactly

Some on here seem to forget about the new stadium being built

We can't compete with ManU, ManC, Chavs, Scum,Dippers on level terms until its built and bringing in revenue

The fact that we do so well and do compete with them is down to Poch and we shd be fucking grateful

Without him we wd be mid table scrapping with Saints, Spam or Everton

:pochrolleyes:

Not his fault that so many of our 1st team have had or are having a dip in form
They will come good as Christian has and as Sissoko and Janssen will!

:levystare:

Back
Top Bottom