Chelsea vs Tottenham. Thursday the 2nd of May. 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Might as well just look at the officials now and see who is going to screw us over and it looks like we are absolutely fucked.

Referee: Robert Jones. Assistants: Ian Hussin, Wade Smith. Fourth official: Tim Robinson. VAR: Michael Salisbury. Assistant VAR: James Mainwaring.

Ref did us v brentford and scum away. Gave a penalty against us in each game.

VAR: Michael Sailsbury. Was ref v west ham at home which we lost. On VAR against Brentford, Luton & Forest at home, which we won all of.

As someone else had said.... During the summer we'll be reading all sorts of revelations how a number of our players have been playing hurt.....

We've already see as much with Udogie finally succumbing to surgery.

Sarr - Back problem since AFCON?
Biss - Malaria hangover?
Maddison & Bentancur - Not fully recovered?

Porro - Keeps being announced as a doubt; yet makes the XI come match day.
Richy - Obviously has some kind of recurring niggle.
Son & Maddison - Were both playing hurt in the 1st 3rd of the season as it was.

Fox Tv Crying GIF by ScreamQueens

Might as well just look at the officials now and see who is going to screw us over and it looks like we are absolutely fucked.

Referee: Robert Jones. Assistants: Ian Hussin, Wade Smith. Fourth official: Tim Robinson. VAR: Michael Salisbury. Assistant VAR: James Mainwaring.

Ref did us v brentford and scum away. Gave a penalty against us in each game.

VAR: Michael Sailsbury. Was ref v west ham at home which we lost. On VAR against Brentford, Luton & Forest at home, which we won all of.

Also ref'd Villa at home when Gil got elbowed in the head and a penalty wasn't given.

No he didn’t but he had a poor game

Waving on the kick by Rice on Davies was disgraceful
It wouldn't be disgraceful if VAR always picked up the pieces.
But the last 2 seasons have shown they're woefully inadequate and apply this dumb "clear and obvious error" criteria to it. And then they have have to decide what is clear and obvious, which is not quantifiable.

This is the enormous problem right now, Refs not committing to decisions and VAR not stepping in because they don't seem to realise the refs just not making the call.

Did the ref tell all our defence to stand in the opposition half giving them acres of space to exploit and fail to even try to win the ball from (numerous) corners?

If so, yes, I blame the ref.
Yes , it's a conspiracy against Spurs , everyone is in on it

The only way to keep us down

As someone else had said.... During the summer we'll be reading all sorts of revelations how a number of our players have been playing hurt.....

We've already see as much with Udogie finally succumbing to surgery.

Sarr - Back problem since AFCON?
Biss - Malaria hangover?
Maddison & Bentancur - Not fully recovered?

Porro - Keeps being announced as a doubt; yet makes the XI come match day.
Richy - Obviously has some kind of recurring niggle.
Son & Maddison - Were both playing hurt in the 1st 3rd of the season as it was.
Always excuses

It's never our fault

There's a loony element in every fanbase convinced there's some conspiracy amongst the officials against their team, I'm sure.

A genuine question to our own conspiracy theorists though. Why us? Why do the officials decide to conspire against Tottenham Hotspur? What is it that sets our club apart from the rest that they have to plot against us?
You guys must have some kind of theory behind your thoughts 🤔

There's a loony element in every fanbase convinced there's some conspiracy amongst the officials against their team, I'm sure.
A genuine question to our own conspiracy theorists though. Why us? Why do the officials decide to conspire against Tottenham Hotspur? What is it that sets our club apart from the rest that they have to plot against us?
Yup...

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/town-restaurant-kosher-6jbMlAxOjP5ug
Clear and Obvious!

Tin Kippahs on gentlemen!

They are insanely jealous of Levy's elite business skills and are determined that Spurs shall not prevail.

Its because i support us,and my sins in a previous life
I was the bloke that had the responsibilty of making sure the ship that was sailing back to England was free of those weird grey squirrels that were everywhere in the colonies.
I failed...

I don’t know how to tell you this but you are naive or in denial.

This isn’t sport, it’s business and you don’t just crash the party that easily.

If you honestly think the most powerful owners don’t have ways to influence officials to gain any advantage they can then I’d prefer to live in the lovely fluffy world that you do.

Its because i support us,and my sins in a previous life
I was the bloke that had the responsibilty of making sure the ship that was sailing back to England was free of those weird grey squirrels that were everywhere in the colonies.
I failed...
Probably the most plausible theory put out there yet. Thought provoking at least.
However, we're probably taking the thread off topic so best leave with you as the winner🥇
In fairness, this is worthy of it's own thread. I would start one but as around half the forum have me on ignore there wouldn't be much point 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom