Chelsea scum away. Battle of the bridge 2: revenge of the yids

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was that the same line he used for Adebayor? What a complete fiasco of a transfer.

Who scouted him ? Was the black box hacked by the North Koren Government and the stats altered on Championship Manager 15/16 to make him look mustard ?

Ju Ju for Sissoko ?

Question - who in their right mind flogs their second highest goal scorer ( a worry in itself if I am right that he was our second top scorer ) to WBA ( a club that massively cunted us off ) for about 1/3rd of the value of a player that does not get picked for one of the biggest games of the season due to "tactical reasons" ? :pochrolleyes::levyeyes:

Last edited:
I'm writing off this season. Hopefully Poch sees that this team is really poor attacking wise and uses the next transfer windows to address this issue
It looks to be turning in to a transitional season.
I think we all need to be patient now & give poch time to work things out & learn from his mistakes.
We never win at chelsea so nothing new there.
4th is a very big ask so I think we maybe should lower our expectations but keep the hope up.

When our spine of Lloris, Alderweireld, Dembele and Kane have played under 100 minutes together all year we're gonna look a lot weaker than last season.

We're only a couple of points out of the top 4 without our best 11 available. There's a long way to go yet.
Problem is we got very lucky with injuries last season. Its foolish to expect to have our best 11 fit for most games this season.
We may only get that for 5-10 games this season.
We have to be better when not playing our best 11.

The most irritating thing ( and there are a lot of iratants with Chelsea ) is that after the battle of the bridge in May we should have been absolutely determined not to lose. That's not what was evident in the second half. We were so collectively passive that it was like a puny kid standing up to a bully.

This fella needs a closer look at himself and what is going on :pochfacepalm: and someone at board level needs to Encourage this chap to focus on land economics as backing managers and squad building are not his thing :levystare:

I am not able to agree with the untouchable Poch that we were the better team Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham: Spurs were the better team - Mauricio Pochettino
We were not. As much as I hate to admit that.
Sounds like he is in denial if he thinks we were the better team. Scary if he really thinks that.
They missed a sitter too.

Last edited:
Fuck me theres a lot of moaners on here tonight.

Yes, we lost to Chelsea, but we performed just like we played last year! We still in the race for a lot things the year. Show some optimism.

We're playing without the best defender in the league! We're playing without our best pressing player in Lamela and without a natural LB. Things will come good, believe in the players and Poch.
What are we in the race for. Top 4 realistically.
Poch doesn't value the fa cup & europa.

Moses goal was Sons fault, he should have followed that run.
Instead he trotted back from halfway.

Lots of things wrong. Dier should go to the ball rather then retreat, vert and wimmer should clear and definitely wimmer should not get sucked in either and clear the lose ball or at least block the shot. The amount of space Moses had to hit it was ridiculous

Too much ball watching. That's why no one tracked Moses' run for the second goal.

It's important to mark Hazard tightly, but people often forget he is often used as a decoy to attract players to him and create space for other team mates.

Too much ball watching. That's why no one tracked Moses' run for the second goal.

It's important to mark Hazard tightly, but people often forget he is often used as a decoy to attract players to him and create space for other team mates.

And we had one eye on half time when they equalised unfortunately

I suspect that it has more to do with Wimmer, as a central defender, instinctively went to fill a central defenders berth in a developing attack and had no wide mid cover.

And now, the end is near
And so we face the final curtain
My friends, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain

We've lived a life that's full
We've traveled each and every highway
But more, much more than this
We did it our way

Regrets, We've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
We did what we had to do
And saw it through without exemption

We planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
We did it our way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you all knew
When we bit off more than we could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
We ate it up and spit it out
We faced it all and we stood tall
And did it our way

We've loved, we've laughed and cried
We've had our fill our share of losing
But more much more than this we did our way....COYS

On the one hand I admire your amazing laid back approach to Spurs. Envy it even. On the other hand it drives me fucking mad that so many of our fans have this losers mentality. Happy to forever sucker up to our rivals. This so called spursy approach is probably why we always fall short.
You misunderstand. You think I'm
Happy to forever sucker up to our rivals.
I'm not.

I'm simply expressing the fact that I can do nothing about it, no matter how many toys I throw out of the pram. I believe this kind of approach to Spurs, even life in general, helps you live longer.

And in living longer, I can get to watch Spurs fall short for a few more seasons.

:troll:

Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham were the better team despite losing 2-1 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge

Agree totally ....remove result, remove emotion, we were overal better. Believe.

Back
Top Bottom