Can we all agree...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get that some of us on here are thinking somewhat negative to offset the positivity. But Jesus some of you guys are REALLY trying to convince yourself that we won't win the league. Like it would be a horrific thing if we did.

Just ride the wild surf and see where it takes us.
is it that negative to think we wont win the league when we are currently 5th.

me personally, i have seem some grown spurs men cry from having unrealistic hopes & dreams.
so i am just being a kill joy to any spurs fans who dont handle disappointment very well.

but i guess most of u lot can handle it & wont have a breakdown when we dont win the league.

its good to dream. so long as u remember its just that. so carry on dreaming........

ps. i remember a mate crying loads when we lost to croatia & didnt qualify for the euros. very akward. i thought a bit heartless & cold for not crying too. oh kranjcar how could u!

Why do you care so much about Spurs fans being bummed out with high expectations? They're grown adults, let them think what they want.

There's also a big difference between thinking we have a shot at winning the league to "we're going to win the league and that's that!" The OP says that anyone that thinks we have a shot at winning the league should be binned. That's just ridiculous. We have just as good of a shot as any team to win the league. We have a fighting chance and there's nothing wrong with having high hopes with that fighting chance.

In your first post in this thread you said:
"i wouldnt sin bin people for saying we can win the title.
but it just setting yourself up for a fall & to be disappointed.
no chance of us winning the title.
il give anyone 1000/1 if they like. il sell the house if we win the title to pay u all your winnings.
seriously, u would be just given me free ££."

You are one of those posters that I referenced in my above post where you are almost screaming in your posts that we have no chance in hell to win the title. Like I said, being negative to offset the positivity is one thing (I do it all the time in all facets of life. But to almost put people down for thinking we have just as good of a chance to win the league than any other team is a different level of douchebaggery.
what can i say? i am a caring person.
just like u care about people being able to dream.

i agree people can think what they like & shouldnt be binned for dreaming.
equally i can voice my opinion that we wont win it.
i was just trying to balance it up a bit because i think people are already getting carried away.
but as u say, its up to them if they want to get carried away.

& my first post was more to make a point that even with generous odds. its still just wasted ££ if u bet it on something thats not going to happen. but i guess its up to them what they spend their ££ on.

You are saying this like you have the freakin' Sports Almanac in Back To The Future 2. You don't know that we won't win the league as much as the people that think we will win the league.

To quote the honorable Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi :

of course not. but if u go down that route u could say we could get relegated.
and I could say, u don't know that we wont get relegated.

that is true. but I don't realistically think we will get relegated.
but I am not going to be scared to say we wont get relegated just because I don't know for a fact that it we wont.
we will not get relegated.

& I am not going to say I will enjoy anything that happens like u lot.
I wouldn't enjoy losing our remaining games.
& even though I know that wont happen, we aren't allowed to say that unless we 100% know its a fact.

just ignore me. I just get annoyed with things like TV programmes pretending anyone can win it etc.
just to make viewers think ooohhh we better watch it. anything can happen. u cant say 100% Leicester wont win the title. this so exciting. little Leicester might win the bloody league.

sorry, but I can't just go round thinking we can get relegated or win the title this season when I truly believe neither are realistically possible.

but that's not a criticism of u guys. its good u are more open minded and think we can go down or win the title.
makes things much more interesting & exciting for u.

rather than me limiting the possibilities by thinking we will finish between about 6 positions. 3rd-8th.

& even more amazingly, u intend to enjoy whatever happens. even if its relegation.
go sushi!

its like if I buy a lotto ticket I don't realistically think I will win the jackpot just because its possible.
I buy it thinking realistically I will probably get £0 but have an ok chance of winning a few quid.

but be good to buy it and starting dreaming that I will win it every time.

but don't worry, I don't go round telling people they wont realistically win the jackpot, so stop dreaming!

Please tell me you're joking. It will never happen but saying you wouldn't take Bale because he may not fit in? You wouldn't take Ronaldo or Messi either? may ruin the chemistry. The lad is world class and holds a special regard for the club if there was any realistic possibility of him wanting to come back we should pay just about any price.

I'm not sure anyone could actually pass on Ronaldo and Messi, but it's a closer call than Bale. The team would have to carry the former two defensively, which may not ruin the chemistry, but it would change the ethos of the team spirit which has carried us this far. Bale is behind the other two in ability (though he has a few years on them), but he would be much more likely to let his ego go and work as part of the unit. He has the defensive skills given his initial position as a FB and I think his struggle during his first years with us has made him more humble.

I'm not sure anyone could actually pass on Ronaldo and Messi, but it's a closer call than Bale. The team would have to carry the former two defensively, which may not ruin the chemistry, but it would change the ethos of the team spirit which has carried us this far. Bale is behind the other two in ability (though he has a few years on them), but he would be much more likely to let his ego go and work as part of the unit. He has the defensive skills given his initial position as a FB and I think his struggle during his first years with us has made him more humble.
mate my point was it is madness to suggest we wouldn't want him back. Position can be argued but he is one of the best footballers on the planet period. I mean we are debating over bringing in Austin, Pato and Berahino ffs.

There isn't a single football club in the world that wouldn't take Gareth Bale (bar maybe BArcelona) so to suggest we wouldn't want him his just silly. I get some still feel like jilted lovers and we have done well moving on from him but I am just being real here if he said he wanted to come back and we could afford him everyone would be creaming themselves (and rightfully so)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom