Burnley (A) 2/9 Sat 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What, the final 15 when we were leading 5-1....
I’m being honest. I know the game was won, but that does not mean we should be inviting the pressure and be scrambling around our own box for fun, which we were.

Not meaning to distract from the score / result, just being critical from a safe position I guess.

Not at all. I'm just highlighting that, Yes, Jose and Conté played a style of football different to what us Spurs Supporters are used to. But their Football and Tactics weren't our downfall. They proved it in every other club they managed.

I prefer Ange Football as well. I'm praying we go through the season Injury free (We don't have a good record of That). Especially at the back. We don't have any cover worthy of Ange Football. If someone gets hurt, we'll be forced to tweak the midfield and use PEH in order to do a job that Bissouma (@ Mick Cooper, Yay I got it right👏) isn't suitable for. Looking after the defence. This will change everything. No matter which of our starting 3 you sacrific, they won't operate as the did the last few games.
My main beef with Conte and Mourinho is that they tried to fit the team into their styles, and didn’t build a system around the available team. They were not tactically flexible. Levy made a mistake appointing inflexible managers for a squad not to their liking.

The people disagreeing with this post, think our squad is just fine and can withstand injuries, and Levy is doing a great job for THFC and doesn't have to give Ange adequate tools to weather a full season.

Can someone please tell me just what is going on, here?

I'd only be able to understand this if it was coming from Gooners.
We're playing one game a week until the new year....even Conti would look good...less games means less fatigue means less injuries...

Richarlson not starting and Son in the middle was the turning point to this season offensively. Richarlson won't be starting again anytime soon. Big shout to Solomon, great game!
Not that he deserves it, but perhaps a game or two at LW woudl be worth trying. Just to see what we can salvage of our £60m player.

Kane should have stayed one more year and ran down his contract. As you say he would have LOVED Angeball!

I'm sure his time in Munich will be fine but he will surely regret not getting a chance to spearhead this attack with Maddison.

The onslaught of "tropheeeeees" from the media got too much for him in the end.

Binned off his EPL top scorer record in the process and we know how much that meant to him.

Bless him.

Last edited:
I’m being honest. I know the game was won, but that does not mean we should be inviting the pressure and be scrambling around our own box for fun, which we were.

Not meaning to distract from the score / result, just being critical from a safe position I guess.
Yeah, but I'm sure minds would have been more concentrated at 2-1...

My Chelsea loving niece was texting me screen shots of their score with “so glad we spent billions of pounds “.

I sympathetically responded with some regular score updates of my own, followed by a round of “I’m loving big Ange instead “. Wicked Aunty power 💪.
Thank you Spurs for making my weekend.
:ange-lol:

Back
Top Bottom