Burnley (A) 2/9 Sat 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham fans patient?? Go and read the match thread before we equalised yesterday!! It’s embarrassing🤣
Teams will get wise to how we play but Ange is constant in how he has his teams playing. In Scotland only Rangers never put everyone behind the ball and t because they continually pounded the opposition into making mistakes they’d win most games. It will be similar in the premier league and that’s why his team is now full of quick sharp good passers of the ball in tight areas that can deal with teams sitting in. Madders and Biss are key to that. If anything happens to those and Skipp and Hojbjerg start then results would change. It’s having the right personnel to playing against that type of team that sits in against us. I think the club let Ange down in the transfer window because we still needed another midfielder who has the guile and ability to play in those conditions
Most of not all teams match threads are similar, that is just fans being passionate and wanting to win.
The patience I was referring to, was the fanbase, waiting for this club to achieve something on a more regular basis.
We will see if, he can pound the opposition as much, because the league in England is stronger, and lesser teams also have good players.
Yes Ange has been let down in the window, another CB is required, and another midfielder is required, but that was always going to happen.
However the team has ,started well, so let's hope we can keep it going.

May be I guess that is for another day. Great thing is we are not dropping points to ‘lesser’ teams like we have in the past. These points will hopefully push to top 5 come end of season. Also momentum builds up. Imagine if we hard a few harder fixtures and results didn’t go our way? Pressure would build but let’s keep this going for next game then go into NLD in good shape. We cannot ask for more than that tbh.
If we can avoid defeat in the NLD would be a start, I think we have lost 3-0 two seasons running and that needs to stop.

Even if he is, we now have 6 quality forward players for 4 spots, who are both interchangeable and fluid...

Son, Kulu, Richie, Solomon, Johnson and Maddison ...
That's some choice!

Even if Richie and Solomon end up as back up to the other four, that's none too shabby!

...and that's not even counting Veliz when he's ready and up to speed!

I thought that Solomon made a hue difference to be honest, and was more effective on the left than when Son was out there in previous games.

I think Ange may well stick with this until Johnson is up to speed to take over on the right.

Kulu needs to put in a decent shift against Sheffield in a couple of weeks.

I thought that Solomon made a hue difference to be honest, and was more effective on the left than when Son was out there in previous games.

I think Ange may well stick with this until Johnson is up to speed to take over on the right.

Kulu needs to put in a decent shift against Sheffield in a couple of weeks.
Which is precisely what having Genuinely STRONG options are all about...
Any of those 5 or 6 players are interchangeable, so all of them need to be at the top of their game now...

I reckon Kulu & Richie are the 2 most in danger of slipping down the pecking order... but if that means they raise their game and start providing goals/assists for whoever is alongside them, then all the better for us!

HOW FUCKING REFRESHING IS IT TO SEE THE TEAM GO FOR THE KILL WHEN IN THE LEAD RATHER THAN SIT BACK AND PROTECT A GOAL?!?!?!

Up the fucking Spurs. Shag me Ange.

I think Tottenham fans have, been more than patient over the years, probably far too much shown at times.
But yes, so far, many of the players have bought into the program so far, and it's good to see with four games played.
It is of course early days, and it will be interesting to see, what happens when teams do sit deep and break( similar to what West ham done in the pre season friendlies)
I expect that Ange, will be more than aware of that, as teams in Scotland must have done the same thing last year.
We could be a surprise package for top four, but I think that might escalate us this year.
Maybe the Johnson signing, might help break the lines when teams sit deep.
I just hope, the team can remain free of bad injuries, especially at CB, as the depth there isn't great.

I am not too worried about how we will beat teams who sit deep against us, it's the teams such as Woolwich, and Scouse who have pace.

Hitting is on the break when we play a high line is always a trade off with Ange's system and tactics.

I said in an earlier post, with Scouse and Woolwich coming up in the next month those games will provide a good test on Ange's system.

I am not too worried about how we will beat teams who sit deep against us, it's the teams such as Woolwich, and Scouse who have pace.

Hitting is on the break when we play a high line is always a trade off with Ange's system and tactics.

I said in an earlier post, with Scouse and Woolwich coming up in the next month those games will provide a good test on Ange's system.
Yes it certainly will provide a stern test.

Back
Top Bottom