"British Soccer is Trendy"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For those that aren't familiar with her Ann Coulter is a right wing nut job here in the United States. Here's her thoughts on the beautiful game:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...est-soccer-sign-nations-moral-decay/11372137/
Jesus Christ, this quote: "I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer. One can only hope that, in addition to learning English, these new Americans will drop their soccer fetish with time."

Well, Ms. Coulter, I must misunderstand my own family's history, then. My great-grandfather was born in this country, and his great-grandfather died in the Civil War. His great-grandfather was born in this country as well, and the list keeps going all the way back to the 1600's.

Rofl, I actually got a laugh out of this statement:
• You can't use your hands in soccer. (Thus eliminating the danger of having to catch a fly ball.) What sets man apart from the lesser beasts, besides a soul, is that we have opposable thumbs. Our hands can hold things. Here's a great idea: Let's create a game where you're not allowed to use them!

I remember her getting destroyed by Paxman, but then again all he needed to do was let her speak:

Will have to watch those another day, she's too much for me!

Any interview I ever see her in makes me angry. It's complete whack jobs like her that have created this sense that Americans as a whole are war mongering sociopaths that don't believe in evolution, climate change or a peaceful way of dealing with international relations. Because of the herd mentality people watch these talking head personalities and take their word like it's gospel. They trick undereducated people into voting against their best interests and then we wind up with people like George W. Bush as our President (even though he lost the popular vote...but that's another story all together).

Jesus Christ, this quote: "I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer. One can only hope that, in addition to learning English, these new Americans will drop their soccer fetish with time."

Well, Ms. Coulter, I must misunderstand my own family's history, then. My great-grandfather was born in this country, and his great-grandfather died in the Civil War. His great-grandfather was born in this country as well, and the list keeps going all the way back to the 1600's.
Finally someone as Merican as me! :adesalute::adebaehug::freundgoal:

She's a troll in the internet sense. She just wants exposure. I'd like to to give her exposure, but probably not in the way you think I think I want her to think that she wants you to think I want.

She's a troll in the internet sense. She just wants exposure. I'd like to to give her exposure, but probably not in the way you think I think I want her to think that she wants you to think I want.
Absolutely! While I know that there are plenty of lunatics that think along the same lines as her, I don't believe her BS for a second. Even if she is highly conservative, things like this are just so overly fucktardish (I think I made up a new word) that it almost gives her away. I know people that do and would agree with her on a number of things, but this woman will say and do just about anything to get a soundbite in the public sphere to grow her book sales and appearances.

Her whole schtick is fashioned after a WWE bad guy.

This is pretty awful which is par for the course in the NYTimes Fashion section. I still think the Guardian article on American fandom with this d-bag was worse though.
cac3f9a8-0c3d-48a7-86c5-0a59f07957fa-388x420.jpeg
0 points for managing to be a plastic gooner and a plastic paddy all in the space of 1 square foot of crap tattoos

And no, I'm not being anti Irish, I'm from an Irish family........

Back
Top Bottom