"British Soccer is Trendy"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The cringiest article you'll ever read
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/17/f...-popularity-in-new-york-creative-circles.html

“Any time I’m at a book party or reading, and soccer comes up in conversation, I find myself surrounded by young men in shabby-genteel, loosely fitting tweed jackets gushing over the Gunners,” Ms. Schaap said. “In such settings, being an Woolwich supporter is even more predictable than having an M.F.A. or a pair of horn-rimmed glasses.”

:adestare::paulinhofacepalm::dempsey::avbfacepalm:

is it wrong to want to punch that girl dead in her face? Must reek of plastic in that "pub". nauseating! No ones drinking ffs
17JPPREMIER1-articleLarge.jpg

football has literally millions of supporters in the US. If the author would bother going to Sunset Park, then it would be possible to see myriad bootleg shops selling fake Chicharito Man U shirts.

But since it's an NYT style piece, they have to find a bunch of obnoxious rich people who like anything for exactly the same reason: they're obnoxious rich people.

OTOH, you all are fools for clicking on a link that has "nytimes" and "fashion" in the url.

This is pretty awful which is par for the course in the NYTimes Fashion section. I still think the Guardian article on American fandom with this d-bag was worse though.
cac3f9a8-0c3d-48a7-86c5-0a59f07957fa-388x420.jpeg

This is pretty awful which is par for the course in the NYTimes Fashion section. I still think the Guardian article on American fandom with this d-bag was worse though.
cac3f9a8-0c3d-48a7-86c5-0a59f07957fa-388x420.jpeg
Ironically he looks more of a fan that some of the plastic shite you see on that Woolwich Fan TV thing on YouTube.

"Tottenham Hotspur The Spurs have become a trendy choice for many young American Jews because of English supporters’ public embrace of the team’s long ties to London’s Jewish community. Famous fans: Kenneth Branagh, Jude Law."

:ledley:

Back
Top Bottom