Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have seen him play for Wales, as I am Welsh. Wales has very few Premiership players , Johnson is one but he is mot a regular first choice first team player. Do you watch Wales? No!! I suggest you are the one without a clue.

I’m a member of the red wall, son and have been going to games for years. Unlike you.

So you’ll understand when I say this…

Cer i grafu coc oen!

:dembelefingers:

Did we ever hear about if BJ is injured or not? He pulled up and started limping near the end. I don't remember seeing him in the post game footage, but not heard if was injured.

I have seen him play for Wales, as I am Welsh. Wales has very few Premiership players , Johnson is one but he is mot a regular first choice first team player. Do you watch Wales? No!! I suggest you are the one without a clue.
I’m a member of the red wall, son and have been going to games for years. Unlike you.

Cer i grafu coc oen!

It's a Welsh-Off!!!! 👊

This winter break stuff rules!!! :freundgoal:

Cer i grafu coc oen!

What he is saying , if you don’t speak Welsh, pretty well means ‘ go to hell you dickhead’. I see that the first 6 letters of his posting name are absolutely the right description of him. Just an idiotic troublemaker.

There’s a bit too much noise in this thread. It reminds me of Son’s first season when many people thought he was shit. He’s gone on to become a great player.

Now, I’m not saying Johnson will do the same but he was signed as somebody with the potential to improve. He is clearly nowhere near the finished article and even though he cost 50M, that is the just the going rate for a young player of talent.

Let’s see where he is this time next year before we write him off.

There’s a bit too much noise in this thread. It reminds me of Son’s first season when many people thought he was shit. He’s gone on to become a great player.

Now, I’m not saying Johnson will do the same but he was signed as somebody with the potential to improve. He is clearly nowhere near the finished article and even though he cost 50M, that is the just the going rate for a young player of talent.

Deserves a lot more time

Ok, so I haven't seen one. Someone else said they saw one. I asked when, went to watch the time they said and I saw nada.

So help me out, when did he duck a challenge?

It's not so much that he ducks challenges, although the stats say he's 15th on our squad for tackles per game, so he's definitely not exactly tenacious. It's more his pressing, closing down and tracking runners that's fucking shoddy. Considering the only thing he's got in his locker is straight line running, you'd think he'd be up and down that touch line backing up Porro, who's doing all the football stuff for him. But he doesn't do it enough or cleverly. Very fucking slack.

I don't think he was ducking challenges but was consistently beaten to the ball by defenders because he was playing too high and didn't anticipate the pass coming too him. Werner seemed to have acres of space when he received the ball in comparison. Surely that stuff can be dealth with by coaches. It was frustrating the amount of times the attack died on the right hand side with him (especially when you have set your alarm for 3.30am to watch it).

Simple really

Excellent post

Got to give him time but it’s nothing like Son. It was obvious to anyone who knew anything that Son was an amazing player. Only idiots slatted him that first season. Personally dont think Johnson is all that great, over paid, but lets see next year.

Promising young Welsh Winger... But not impressing in his first few months here...

Remind you of anyone? :balesnarl:

Give him a COUPLA seasons at LEAST!
:baletroll:

(Yes I know we didn't spend £50m on Bale, so expectations were lower... But given how he turned out, we were clearly playing him out of position for at least a season or two!)

Last edited:
I remember some people calling out Son years back for lacking bravery / bottling challenges. I think it was after a NLD when Petr Cech was their keeper and beat Sonny to a 50/50. Anyway, my point is that even the best players in the world have off days where they throw out a lazy leg, or struggle to score in a brothel. Confidence is key IMO. BJ has many good attributes. I'm sure he will gain confidence over time and, like Sonny, become a "fan favourite".

Back
Top Bottom