Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gil has to go down as one of the worst bits of businesses the club has ever done.

Bought him for what, 30 million plus Lamela?
He was pretty pony.

The signing of Gil was such bad business if you don’t laugh about it you’ll cry.
I keep giving him a chance under the different managers but he keeps coming up empty.
Gil won't be at THFC next season but it would help if he could actually play like a man in his last few games for the club.

I keep giving him a chance under the different managers but he keeps coming up empty.
Gil won't be at THFC next season but it would help if he could actually play like a man in his last few games for the club.
The things he does well, he doesn't do well enough. You can have slight players in the PL, De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva are both pretty similar build, but Gil has a shit centre of gravity, far too easy to destabilise, and it hasn't improved with maturity. We are gonna be lucky to recoup £10m and I doubt he's gonna go do anything special anywhere else to make us regret selling him.

The things he does well, he doesn't do well enough. You can have slight players in the PL, De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva are both pretty similar build, but Gil has a shit centre of gravity, far too easy to destabilise, and it hasn't improved with maturity. We are gonna be lucky to recoup £10m and I doubt he's gonna go do anything special anywhere else to make us regret selling him.
Agree, sadly. Only 2 more fixtures before the end of the window but with our injury list chances are we will keep him until the summer.

De bruyne is not slight !

Gil has to go down as one of the worst bits of businesses the club has ever done.

Bought him for what, 30 million plus Lamela?
He was pretty pony.

We then loaned him BACK to Seville, where he went on to win a Europa League alongside Lamela! :ange-facepalm2:

But Sevilla then sent him back to us because they didn’t see enough in him to take him permanently, and let’s be honest, he’s been pretty god awful ever since. As you say, never ever ever a PL footballer.

The signing of Gil was such bad business if you don’t laugh about it you’ll cry.
I think we're at the mercy of the media for the Gil fee and don't think they have a feckin clue tbh

Southgate seemed to rate Mount over Maddison.
Southgate is a fool. He is like that lad you see with a super hot girl in his arm and you wonder how he got with her…. A bang average player… palace , villa and boro? And an even worse club manger… relegation with boro and blew a wad a cash the next season and got nowhere.
A total fraud.

Just coming into this thread briefly to say that anyone writing him off and wanting rid of him already are absolute pricks of the highest order.

I understand the criticism (when it's constructive, not 'get rid') but time is on his side. Could be we bench him and bring him off the bench to have an impact in the last 20/30 minutes for a bit.

He's young and was bought with the knowledge that he's got a lot of work to do but ultimately has the potential to be a very very good player for us.

He didn't choose the fee we paid. We chose to pay that much.

He's going to be with us for years to come so fucking deal with it, support the lad, and hope that with time and training he comes good. I've seen enough of him playing for Wales and Forest to believe he's got 'it'.

Some of you need to learn a bit more patience, and stop viewing everything so 'black and white'.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF
He certainly hasn’t done much for Wales.
It seems like there is always one player people focus on. The upside is people were really down on Emerson Royal and now he's a productive player. Personally, I was very much negative toward Richarlison and he seems to be coming around. Players aren't ever as good as people think when they are up or as bad as they appear on the downside. I understand your point with Johnson. There was one time in particular in the Man United game when he seemed to quit on a ball, or at least misread it badly. But he's young and I think with his pace he'll fit in. When Son returns there is going to be a lot of competition for places across the front and I think he'll be better for having to work harder for his spot.
You can teach a player new skills, intelligence to a certain degree but you can’t teach bravery.

Back
Top Bottom