BOUNCEBACKAGEDDON: Tottenham Hotspur vs Nottingham Forest (Wed 24th September)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wish we would use every game -- including mid-week games -- to experiment with trying to find the best XI as soon as possible. How can we even give "rest" to our best XI in mid-week if we don't even know who they are from one week to the next? Figure this out asap, using all competitions, then once it's largely settled we can hopefully proceed with our best team and go back to resting players in mid-week as needed. In the short run we may have to deal with some occasional fatigue in league matches and it may even cost us a few points, but that's happening anyway until we figure this out. Purely as a side effect, our stronger mid-week teams should set us up for successful runs in the Europa and League Cups (I'm assuming it would be settled long before FA Cup starts). Obviously there would be a few exceptions due to injuries and other factors but I would like to see us pursue this.

That being said I understand this is purely academic and will never actually happen.
:pochserious:

Been to see Forest twice this years so far (mate has a season ticket which I get to use from time to time), and they are looking very good. Definitely a confidence team, like ourselves, but they are flying at the moment.

Plus side is that they have a lot of injuries right now. Cohen their captain and talisman is out for the season plus another 2 or 3 first team players, no homecoming for Andy Reid either. Assombalonga will cause us trouble; big, quick and a real threat from set pieces.

If Chiriches plays then he better bring the Vaseline.

Been to see Forest twice this years so far (mate has a season ticket which I get to use from time to time), and they are looking very good. Definitely a confidence team, like ourselves, but they are flying at the moment.

Plus side is that they have a lot of injuries right now. Cohen their captain and talisman is out for the season plus another 2 or 3 first team players, no homecoming for Andy Reid either. Assombalonga will cause us trouble; big, quick and a real threat from set pieces.

Weird one that Assombalonga. Watched him a couple of years ago in the Ryman and he was pretty raw but didn't look like he had much about him. Now top scorer in the Championship after banging in loads for Peterborough. Definitely need to keep an eye on him but he was 'rested' for their last cup match.

Weird one that Assombalonga. Watched him a couple of years ago in the Ryman and he was pretty raw but didn't look like he had much about him. Now top scorer in the Championship after banging in loads for Peterborough. Definitely need to keep an eye on him but he was 'rested' for their last cup match.

Worryingly, i dont think you have to have much about you to score against us at the moment. A bit of pace and the willingness to put yourself about a bit will do it. (BINGO!)

I think he'll definately play tommorow. Forest are well up for it, been banging on about the "great rivalray " with Spurs on Radio Nottingham all week (basically them failing to get over "Gazza not being sent off").

This is a nice touch though:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/23/brian-clough-tribute-forest-green-jumpers

Gazza's 20 minutes in that final are insane. The challenge on Parker is appalling never mind the assault on Charles. Talk about pumped he was completely off his nut.

Andy fucking Reid! Retire the number!

I'll paypal someone $10 to start a "he's just a fat Andros Townsend" chant if the cameras zoom in on him on the jumbo screen.

United, Woolwich, Everton out already.

Hope we take this serious, good chance of us going far in this competition, would take finishing 6th again if we won the League Cup.

Will be gutted if we don't win tomorrow. Feels like it has been forever since we were legitimately chasing a cup. Getting robbed by the Chavs at Wembley feels way longer ago than it actually is. Probably since that was four managers ago. :harryhmm::avbshit::sherwoodwtf::pochserious:

Survive and advance tomorrow.

It will be tough tomorrow though. I don't think Forest are any worse than WBA.
I think physically Forest are just as good as West Brom, but they'll lack the individual talents that we (sorta) have.
I reckon it'll be a cagey 2-1 win in 90 minutes. Just got to make sure we don't switch off and remain defensively solid, stupid errors have cost us 2 points at Sunderland and 3 points at home to West Brom.

With the lack of width provided by the fullbacks so far this season, wouldn't mind seeing AT on the left and AL on the right. NF will likely clog up that middle like West Brom and some legitimate width to the attack would help

Hope we don't switch off like liverpoo did against boro and please no Eriksen/Lamela because we will need them for the weekend,risking an injury to either of them would be madness

Back
Top Bottom