Best signing so far

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who will be most successful?

• Richarlison

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Bissouma

Votes: 108 71.1%
  • Lenglet

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Perisic

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Forster

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted Bissouma, but perisic very close second as I think he will adapt very quickly. maybe richarlison will be a dark horse as no one seems to be that excited by him.
I voted Bissouma, with Richarlison a shade behind. We need Bissouma more, but he does kinda just do one job that we desperately need.

Having Richarlison means when one of our front three goes down for a month with an injury, we reload with a genuine threat. It frees us up to rotate, more options in terms of tactics, we can play Harry or Kulu behind, Son up front, Richy across all three, two up front and just plain rest and competition.

Both are the signings that set us up for runs at trophies. I don't think it's dawned on us yet how amazing this (un)finished window is.

Bissouma is 5pts extra a season, Richarlison 5pts. Peresic, Spence and Lenglet another 3pts each maybe. We are closing that gap, no doubt.

We've needed a decent left.footed center bac since Toby lost a yard and couldn't cover verity's fuc ups... And THERE were quite a few... Davies is ok and has done well enuf... BUT ... If what I'm readin is right lenny is a step up...

I'd go Richarlison.

Partly because he's a very good player, and yes, partly because of the big transfer fee!

Spending £60 million sends a message to the wider football world that we're serious about finally winning trophies again rather than trying to wing it on the cheap

Sends a message to our best players that they can fulfil their ambition with Spurs

Sends a message to Antonio Conte that we'll back him with serious hard cash

And sends a message to our fans that we're actually buying football players for the impact they'll make on the football team rather than for any potential resale value.they may have

We used to be trailblazers and big hitters in the transfer market. A lot of our younger, and newer fans don't seem to appreciate this. It's about time we got that status back

If I was being brave I would say Lenglet, we have fairly low expectations and expect that he'll be adding some depth to the mix of central defenders but Conte insisted on getting him, could well be a dark horse signing.

But ultimately I'm a coward and I reckon Bissouma will make a huge difference, especially in games where we want to play with a press.

I voted Bissouma, with Richarlison a shade behind. We need Bissouma more, but he does kinda just do one job that we desperately need.

Having Richarlison means when one of our front three goes down for a month with an injury, we reload with a genuine threat. It frees us up to rotate, more options in terms of tactics, we can play Harry or Kulu behind, Son up front, Richy across all three, two up front and just plain rest and competition.

Both are the signings that set us up for runs at trophies. I don't think it's dawned on us yet how amazing this (un)finished window is.

Bissouma is 5pts extra a season, Richarlison 5pts. Peresic, Spence and Lenglet another 3pts each maybe. We are closing that gap, no doubt.
I'm hoping that rotation means that none of them go down for that month

bissouma comes straight into the team in the most important area of the pitch so its hard to say he isnt. richarlison is a huge signing though, we havent had good enough depth quality in the front line for donkey years, especially someone who can actually play as a #9. 60m on a forward when we already have an outstanding front 3 is a real statement. its 4500/1 for the quad, worth a punt imo.

never been more excited for a season to start. weve always watched our best players leave because the club couldn't match their ambition,this is the first time thats all changed! exciting times finally.

fair play to levy, he built the foundations and is now having a real go. the potential for this clubs huge now.

Bias and football ignorance.

Richarlison is absolute dynamite so our squad benefits from his energy, arrogance and quality

To not see that as being likely (Not definite) is football stupidity..

Says the fence-sitter that just said this:

Remember the forum:

When we signed Ndombele....

And when we signed Kulusevski....

So the answer is who knows as yet.

My god; you pretentious, hypocritical ass.... :pochshock:

Last edited:
Answering the question it'll likely either be Perisic or Bissouma but all of our signings have an important part to play in the season. Richarlison will likely not tear things up stats wise but the effect of being able to rest any of the front 3 and be comfortable with who we bring is should not be understated.

Bias and football ignorance.

Richarlison is absolute dynamite so our squad benefits from his energy, arrogance and quality

To not see that as being likely (Not definite) is football stupidity..

Or the fact that we have a settled front 3 already whereas Bissouma and Perisic will almost certainly walk in to the starting XI and thus prove more influential signings?

Bissouma by a country mile. He's right up there with the Fabinho's of the EPL, and is a big improvement on Hojbjerg, who should never be a guaranteed starter in a perfect world. Perisic would be second, although I do wish he was a couple of years younger. But all of the signings range from excellent to solid, and all make perfect sense.

Just need another forward player now and perhaps a quality right wing-back if there's one out there. But at least Doherty showed there's a decent player in him under Conte at times. He was absolutely hopeless before Antonio joined.

Bissouma dominates midfields and has for afew years, Richarlison scores goal in big moments but for me it's Perisic

I've wanted this guy for years, genuine monster of a footballer, elite in every skillset, will suprise alot of people

Back
Top Bottom