Best players ever!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jimmy Greaves, no shadow of a doubt. How may points have we dropped because we haven't got someone who is ruthless in taking chances. I love Harry but even he would admit he's not in Jimmy's class - in fact, I don't think anyone gets close to his goals to games ratio.

In world football? He's not even in the top 10.

English football? Most likely. I can only imagine Dixie Dean running him close.

Though if you're just talking about Spurs, you're right. I doubt anyone will ever come close.

Jimmy Greaves, no shadow of a doubt. How many points have we dropped because we haven't got someone who is ruthless in taking chances. I love Harry but even he would admit he's not in Jimmy's class - in fact, I don't think anyone gets close to his goals to games ratio.
I agree although i always have rated Gilzean he was great for us

In no particular order and whom I've seen play bale. hoddle, waddle, gazza, archibald, rose king Toby Roberts Lineker Klinsmann Sheringham perryman

Kane and dele could join that list as could verrts and walker

Bosman changed everything, no doubt. We went from a game where the clubs took advantage of the players, to a game where the players take advantage of the clubs.

Football has always been a particularly mercenary game.
It's only what the market will bear, and it cuts both ways. Pre-Bosman condition was de facto market intervention at odds with normal, modern labour conditions.

It's therefore impossible for either party to take advantage, as you say. If one party takes a gamble then you might end up with a Leeds United situation. That was more the fault of Ridsdale than Danny Mills.

Back
Top Bottom