Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On another side-note - he's got thighs for days!

goal-plystats-ef17d9ce-8e7a-41ec-a921-2a332b0a5fdd.png
Decent tackle too...

Yeah yeah its only youtube (but lets not forget its still actual footage of what he has actually done..its not fake).....but I think we've signed a proper player here.

Lets see what he's all about.

As some have already pointed out, why are people crying when they never even heard of his name before 9pm last night? That doesnt mean he's shit...it simply means you dont watch French football, like me.

All these "Schniederlin light" tags etc.....from people who dont know anything about him, and have probably never watched two whole Southampton games in their lives either.

Just because one costs 27M, doesnt mean he's better or we need him more.

At least Stromboli (hehe) can cover CB and RB too....three positions for 5M. Don Levy, and Clever Poch.

:levystare: :pochserious2:

This guy is 24 but has never been capped by an average french team. How can he possibly be an improvement on the likes of Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro or even Benteleb. Fucking madness. I bet, just bet that whoever gets sold to make room commands a higher fee than what we pay for this chappie. So, it looks like no knew striker, no Scneiderlein, no J-Rod, no Moustachio etc etc. Talk about backing your new manager Levy you tight cunt.
Fella I find your anti Levy agenda nauseating. We have a transfer comity that consult on every player that comes in and out (all football men that make that decision). I would bet you have never heard of this guy, so why are you dismissing him before he has even kicked a ball, makes no sense to me.

Regarding Levy, he is our Chairman and SHOULD be held to account for his actions or lack of. This is our club and as fans we should always put pressure on whoever our Chairman is but please do it with objectivity and where you can substantiate your claims with some credence. Why don't you focus your anti agenda on his lack of communication with fans, the stadium etc there are plenty of things that he needs to answer to.

Why don't you focus your anti agenda on his lack of communication with fans, the stadium etc there are plenty of things that he needs to answer to.

Because like Fidel Castro and others, their claims about Levy faking the new stadium, and we have no intention of ever building it look rather skitso now.

Poch was also a poor choice...not any more..

So....lets slate him for not spunking over 20M in an area that doesnt need it.

As some have already pointed out, why are people crying when they never even heard of his name before 9pm last night? That doesnt mean he's shit...it simply means you dont watch French football, like me.

Bullshit. Stop making up shit to make own opinions sound more plausible when they are based on nothing more then your own spence of optimistic opportunism.

Bullshit. Stop making up shit to make own opinions sound more plausible when they are based on nothing more then your own spence of optimistic opportunism.

Words words words and more words. Are you Cahspur in disguise?

Basically.....if you have never heard of him before 9pm last night...which is what I said......then you dont watch French football.

Over And Out

:pochbye:

Interesting transfer window, to say the least.

We had a more than decent squad as it was, if unbalanced.

Very curious to see Poch (being allowed to) shift personel in positions where we are well stocked as it is (CB, CM).

It is easy to claim that Stambouli and Dier are symtoms of Poch not being allowed to buy the players he really wants, e.g., Muss and MS - and it may be true too, keeping in mind AVBs transfer windows. However it may also be a very good sign, that a manager is allowed to replace even core players like Dawson and possibly Sandro, if he doesn't feel they fit in.

Words words words and more words. Are you Cahspur in disguise?

Basically.....if you have never heard of him before 9pm last night...which is what I said......then you dont watch French football.

Over And Out

:pochbye:

You also said you watch French Football in an attempt I make yourself seem more football Worldy and to suggest you know more about this guy then others who - as you said - hadn't heard if him since yesterday. You don't watch French Football - it's a blatant lie and you did it so people can turn to you and say

"Oh sammyspurs sammyspurs , please shower us with your knowledge of and French football" even though you can only tell us information from news now and what can be dug up on YouTube.

Basically, what I am saying is that you are one of two types of ITK.

Type 1) the kind that trawls News Now for all the latest news and then passes that same information on with a suggestion that they have some sort of unique link to Spurs that means they can break transfer stories before others - which they never do.

Type 2) People who claim to watch a lot more football then what they actually do. Therefore, when we get linked with a player from Spain, France, Germany or wherever it "oooo, I watch a lot of French Football so I know all about him" .... Fuck off - even if I believed you watch French football I would not believe you are an expert of every former French U21 international in the league.

My only concern is that Levy is playing his latest, clever game of tight arse which may or may not work for the team and us fans (it'll definitely work for the balance sheet!). Looks like we 're going to be virtually in the black on transfers yet again for the 5th or 6th season. Squad is stronger and deeper than Southampton's and we're a bigger club so Poch is unlikely to rock the boat about not getting a string of £20m+ signings. We've managed 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th and even still 6th under chaotic and various disastrous circumstances so, top 6 is about as safe as it can be and 5th perfectly achievable - all meaning Levy can claim a transition job well done whilst ultimately taking care of not investing heavily (NET) on players.

Maybe we won't sell too many and wages will be a bit higher but, no chance of keeping up Poch's high intensity style for 50+ games otherwise. Have to have depth at DM and the 3 behind the striker or any bad luck on injuries would completely slay us.

It's all mainly about the stadium to Levy for years to come yet.

Fair enough i respect your opinion. but dembele has a lot of work to do, he looks overweight into the bargain as well. his style of play should produce much much more assists and goals for me. he used to be a striker! he needs to get the finger out
I couldn't agree more. I can't remember the last time I watched Dembele and thought "great player".

We could sell him now and he wouldn't be missed - but he does have the potential to be far more effective.

This guy is 24 but has never been capped by an average french team. How can he possibly be an improvement on the likes of Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro or even Benteleb. Fucking madness. I bet, just bet that whoever gets sold to make room commands a higher fee than what we pay for this chappie. So, it looks like no knew striker, no Scneiderlein, no J-Rod, no Moustachio etc etc. Talk about backing your new manager Levy you tight cunt.
MS - priced out, also club has stated several times not for sale.
Mabbutteo - 3rd party bullshit, I'm glad we didn't line the pockets of some greasy cunt, Fazio is good value for money.
J-Rod - Major injury, who knows how he will recover. Also his price would have been sky high being English, and also Soton stating not selling any more players
No strikers - We have 3 in a system where we play 1. Do we need 4? No. Goals have hardly been an issue under Poch so far so I don't see how spunking £30m+ on Bony/Benteke/Lukaku would help.

Played 9, won 8, drawn 1 under Poch. Levy has been very astute in the transfer market, signed some good players and our squad has depth and balance, and they are responding to the man in charge.

But you're still not happy.

Do you want a marquee signing just for the sake of it? You like to know we have spent big on a player, even if we don't particularly need him?

It's sounds like Citeh are the club for you, mate.

How many Montpelier games did you see last season?

Amount of Montpellier games I saw last year ... 0.00

Amount of French teams I watched on tele in the last year - 0.02*

Percentage of me that believes sammyspurs sammyspurs watches French football ... 0%

* I was in Paris last March. One night I was in a bar and a French match was on tele. I kept glancing over to the screen in the hope of catching a goal (as you do). I want really paying attention though - represented in the fact that I consider myself to have seen point zero two of a game in the last year. I still believe that's more French football then Sammyspurs ha seen though.

Oh, and on topic - I don't know who Stromboni is.

I watch a lot of European football, and I do like Montpellier but still not heard.

Guess he broke through last season? Did he play a part in their title-winning season?

You also said you watch French Football in an attempt I make yourself seem more football Worldy and to suggest you know more about this guy then others who - as you said - hadn't heard if him since yesterday. You don't watch French Football - it's a blatant lie and you did it so people can turn to you and say

"Oh sammyspurs sammyspurs , please shower us with your knowledge of and French football" even though you can only tell us information from news now and what can be dug up on YouTube.

Basically, what I am saying is that you are one of two types of ITK.

Type 1) the kind that trawls News Now for all the latest news and then passes that same information on with a suggestion that they have some sort of unique link to Spurs that means they can break transfer stories before others - which they never do.

Type 2) People who claim to watch a lot more football then what they actually do. Therefore, when we get linked with a player from Spain, France, Germany or wherever it "oooo, I watch a lot of French Football so I know all about him" .... Fuck off - even if I believed you watch French football I would not believe you are an expert of every former French U21 international in the league.

I was saying I dont watch French football.

You should have paid attention to the jist of the post....and the fact I was using youtube, because I know nothing about him.

Now you look silly.

Apology accepted.

Back
Top Bottom