Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're basing that on last season. You can't base fucking shit on last season when it comes to the indivdual skill of Spurs players. Every single one looked shit for the majority of the season, because of the complete clusterfuck managing of AVB.

Sandro has suffered from several injuries. If he can come back from them he can get back to the level that he was at, which was top world class DM enforcing play. Dembeles stats says he creates chances, he does, while at the same time being excellent defensively. Go to Squawka and compare defensive score, offensive score and chances created for Stambouli, Schneiderlin and Dembele, in the 2013/14 season. Even then, in Tottenhams disaster season, with Dembele seeming unmotivated for a long period of time, he crushes the others on those stats. Dembele is an absolute midfield beast, and would be top top class with the right coaching.

Paulinho didn't have a very good season, but he has showed his class in some games, and it's clear to me that he needs game time and confidence in a dynamic team with a plan - which is what Poch's Spurs will be.

Fair enough i respect your opinion. but dembele has a lot of work to do, he looks overweight into the bargain as well. his style of play should produce much much more assists and goals for me. he used to be a striker! he needs to get the finger out

Don't get it. Thought this transfer window was going to be quiet for us, that Poch would work with the squad we got. Can see why we'd get a LB, a backup goalie and a CB. Maybe an attacking mid/winger or striker if we could get one that was a clear upgrade. But CM? If it was a huge upgrade, ok, but imo we've got too many players there already that deserve to play every game.

Dembele, Capoue and Sandro, when fit and with the right coaching are top class. Bentaleb a huge talent. Paulinho needs coaching, game time and confidence. I really can not see how the squad will benefit from another DM.

Seems like Holtby, Sandro and maybe potentially Pauli (though I hope not-- didn't catch the game, but heard he played well) aren't going to be in Poch's plan. This move reaffirms that idea.

Looks like Sandro is definitely going for me.
Along with Holtby or Paulinho I'd think.
There is no way we can have Capoue, Sandro, and Stambouli on the same squad. I'm guessing Sandro will be the one to leave seeing as Capoue has been preferred and looking good this season, and Sandro's game seems to agressive and stilted for Poch's liking.
I'm not upset about this signing, I actually trust the people that Poch is signing, this guy is a very fit defensive midfielder who seems to give his all, would slot very well into Pochs system.
We've had six signings this summer, I think we now need to see a few leave, as we want to cut the wage bill make it easier to keep everyone happy, get some money in, get a good balance.

After watching some YouTube bids of him, I have a feeling that with Stambouli we will be seeing quite a good bit of similar assists from him in the manner as we saw Vlad give that assist to Paulo in the AEL game.

Also, one of the best things I liked (from the vids) was how agile he is, despite being a hard-ass.

Lol after Dier aren't you fuckers excited about a Poch unknown player signing ffs?

If he's as good as Capoue, we have one solid motherfucking base. With good options there, meaning rotation/injuries will not force us to play weak midfields like some of the ones we've seen when we've been spanked.

I am very excited.

Albeit a terribly french base, we are afraid

images

I thought Stambouli was a volcano. Hope he doesn't blow his top too often and get a lot of red cards. We're really doing this window on the cheap. Come on Daniel, you're in the black, splash out on a couple of top talents ie left wing and striker. Konoplyanka and Bony would do me.

Last edited:
This guy is 24 but has never been capped by an average french team. How can he possibly be an improvement on the likes of Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro or even Benteleb. Fucking madness. I bet, just bet that whoever gets sold to make room commands a higher fee than what we pay for this chappie. So, it looks like no knew striker, no Scneiderlein, no J-Rod, no Moustachio etc etc. Talk about backing your new manager Levy you tight cunt.

This guy is 24 but has never been capped by an average french team. How can he possibly be an improvement on the likes of Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro or even Benteleb. Fucking madness. I bet, just bet that whoever gets sold to make room commands a higher fee than what we pay for this chappie. So, it looks like no knew striker, no Scneiderlein, no J-Rod, no Moustachio etc etc. Talk about backing your new manager Levy you tight cunt.
Cheer up, it's only a game...

Just watched a couple of vid's of him ( I know ) , looked pretty solid to me with a couple of Scotty Parker 360 turns thrown in.

Our transfer policy has never changed - buy young with potential and sell for profit while playing victim to the fans. This fella is likely to appreciate in future so fits the pattern perfectly.

Remember, Whinger also signed many unknown French players, the majority of whom turned out class - I'm all for development of young talent, personally.

Let's not write him off before he's kicked a ball, mate

Last edited:
On a side-note - I love it how so many know-it-all Tweeter 'experts' start offering their worthless opinions on a player we've been linked with as if they've known him for the last 10 years, etc. Doubt many of them even knew him prior to the news breaking (I certainly didn't) - band-wagon jumping twats - jog on, no one cares what you have to say - let him prove his worth on the field of play not fucking Tweeter

#melts

Last edited:
It's always good to know that the team management is far better ITK of how to run a team than we are. Who would have thought.
Stambouli seems like a real good purchase.

Back
Top Bottom