Bale Madrid... it's Real!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TBF Saldado gave that press conference before he arrived at the club, once there he will be told by the club not to discuss Bale in press interviews. Like literally, "Say nothing". Look at how they whip it up when he does say something. They are parched from the lack of quotes from within the club and literally are jumping on everything that's said.

From Caulker's comments it seems he must have fallen out with the club. Sour grapes if you ask me.

Redkanpp added.

"When I was a kid I saw that great team of Ferenc Puskas, Francisco Ento, Alfredo Di Stefano."

That was shortly before Tottenham Hotspur became the best team in the World..........

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...n-transfer-to-real-madrid-agreed-8743140.html

Not sure how much to believe this...no quotes and no specifics, other than that the deal has been agreed. I have my doubts.

Gareth Bale's proposed record-breaking transfer from Tottenham to Real Madrid has been agreed, according to the Spanish club.

The Spanish club have reportedly agreed to a £105million deal which will see a lump-sum plus a Madrid moving in the other direction.

Tottenham are maintaining that a deal is yet to be hashed out but Madrid claim that all that needs to be decided is which player Tottenham want in exchange.

Daniel Levy, Spurs' chairman, says any cash bid will need to exceed the current world record transfer. Madrid were the last side to break that record with the £80million transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United.

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas does not wish to sell his star player but if push came to shove was eager to land Fabio Coentrao as part of the exchange. However, the left-back has been pulled out of the side's recent friendly with LA Galaxy, with apparent "muscle issues".

The other player speculated with a part-exchange for Gareth Bale was winger Angel Di Maria, but the player has since told both clubs he does not wish to move to London.

Spurs will play Monaco on Saturday as one of their pre-season friendlies and Gareth Bale is not expected to be involved.

TBF Saldado gave that press conference before he arrived at the club, once there he will be told by the club not to discuss Bale in press interviews. Like literally, "Say nothing". Look at how they whip it up when he does say something. They are parched from the lack of quotes from within the club and literally are jumping on everything that's said.

From Caulker's comments it seems he must have fallen out with the club. Sour grapes if you ask me.
The quote I've seen from Caulker didn't sound volatile at all, just that he like a lot of spurs supporters even, think that he deserves a move based on form, not that he should go...

Was thinking yesterday how Harry would of enjoyed this week talking to the press if he was still manager and trying to take some of the limelight.

Was thinking yesterday how Harry would of enjoyed this week talking to the press if he was still manager and trying to take some of the limelight.

His Range Rover would have overheated by now from all the stop start he was having to do driving from reporter to reporter.

Cant believe anyone would give a toss if we got 85-105M for him. Sell NOW.

THFC is bigger than Bale

I agree with you about Tottenham being bigger than a player, but I think we should hold onto Bale until next summer at the very least.

This is now about not being seen as a selling club. We've recently lost Keane to Liverpool, Carrick to United, Berbatov to United and Modric to Madrid. All four of them were our best players at the time (Debateable on Keane...)

Otherwise, whats going to happen when, say, Barca come in for Lloris, etc....Time to stand our ground.

It's just funny how at work.. every single non-spurs fan keeps coming up to me with the same old "He's gone, I read it a tabloid"

Which translate to "I'm thick as shit, I believe everything I read"
or
"I'm proper scared about Spurs squad, best jump on the bandwagon"

So bored of it all now, he's staying another year and Real Madrid do NOT have that kinda dosh.

AND!!!! If they did, it is pretty disgusting that their Government can allow them to keep going with limited tax ( Royal Madrid and all that bollocks) when their economy is struggling

RANT OVER! It's friday, I can start drinking soon :bale2:

The money has to be taken with a pinch of salt, if they haven't even paid for Modric yet we won't be seeing a large chunk of this rumoured 85 million. That's a joke in itself, why should we have to take the payments over 3-4 years, they want him, pay up in full. But I really don't expect us to go and buy 3-4 new star players straight away, Levy won't wanna be taken like a mug and pay higher prices as clubs will no doubt up their valuations if we're in.

This is the best squad I've ever seen at Tottenham and yes, we have a world class player who could potentially leave but in the end the sometimes over reliance the other 10 players had on him will help them same players come into their own, a chance for them to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and perform if he were to leave.

Back
Top Bottom