Audi Cup 2015 - showing on Premier Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Match tickets prices couldn't be more irrelevant. I find it hard to stay in the ground for 90 minutes of a competitive match, let alone for a friendly.

Go anyway, just swerve the game(s).. Not going to Munich for 2/3 days because of a £60 match ticket is a bit laughable.

I made the mistake of buying a match tickets for Tromso away (£60 - which compared to the £10 a pint over there isn't so bad I suppose), and I was out the ground and back in a pub after 25 minutes. Football is boring.

Then why are you watching it? Why the hell would you go to Tromsø only to stay 25 minutes in the stadium? Surely a waste of time? (no need to do the Shirley joke).

I might as well go at a different time, if I'm not going to watch the football. Spending £50+ on a ticket for a friendly match isn't something I'm prepared to do, I don't know why that's considered laughable.

I might as well go at a different time, if I'm not going to watch the football. Spending £50+ on a ticket for a friendly match isn't something I'm prepared to do, I don't know why that's considered laughable.
Because the highlights of the trip probably wont be the game, it'll be the nights out with your friends and exploring Munich.

Fair enough. I think there might be other ways of using the time better if one think football is boring. Because football is quite an important part of eh..going to football.

Football always ruins the day out. I spend a good 3 hours each way on a train and a couple of hours in a pub(s) pre-match usually. Most of the time the football is the worst part. Villa last week being a prime example. Personally I still stick it out but each to their own.

Like I said, I'd be very surprised if its that much for the day. And you get to see 2 games per day I'd imagine. Probably work out being extremely good value for money, no doubt we'll have our own section of the ground so tickets shouldn't be a problem and it'll be a good piss up in Germany.

What can go wrong?

Football always ruins the day out. I spend a good 3 hours each way on a train and a couple of hours in a pub(s) pre-match usually. Most of the time the football is the worst part. Villa last week being a prime example. Personally I still stick it out but each to their own.

Always? If it's always I can't understand why you guys bother..

Always? If it's always I can't understand why you guys bother..

To be honest I contradicted myself a bit by putting 'always' and then 'most of the time'. You know what I mean. Its a good day out, having a laugh then we lose at home 1-0 to some utter shite team. Luckily I've learnt not to take it personally and just enjoy the day regardless. Some get angry, I just laugh and say 'This is Spurs, it's what we do', then rock up week after week going through the same.

Being fair, it is worth going through all the shit for the moments of magic that do happen. And I guess that is why 'us guys' keep doing it.

To be honest I contradicted myself a bit by putting 'always' and then 'most of the time'. You know what I mean. Its a good day out, having a laugh then we lose at home 1-0 to some utter shite team. Luckily I've learnt not to take it personally and just enjoy the day regardless. Some get angry, I just laugh and say 'This is Spurs, it's what we do', then rock up week after week going through the same.

Being fair, it is worth going through all the shit for the moments of magic that do happen. And I guess that is why 'us guys' keep doing it.

The always bit would have changed it. Let's say, ' too often' and I get it. However, it's not ruined, as you had a great time out. Alternative would be not to be there, watching the game without the good trip. I enjoyed Manchester(City) and Istanbul veru much, both defeats.

It's always about finding ways to enjoy life and supporting a football clubs.

To be fair the Fiorentina game was my first European away day without being with my dad, and it was fucking cracking. 3 days of drinking and having fun, seeing the sights.. Even though the match was terrible I really had the fucking best 3 days i've had so far this year. If enough yids decide to take the few days in Munich I have no doubts it will be brilliant, especially in the summer when the matches don't even have significane to get annoyed at..

Then why are you watching it? Why the hell would you go to Tromsø only to stay 25 minutes in the stadium? Surely a waste of time? (no need to do the Shirley joke).

Have you ever been to Tromso? If you have, you should know the answer to that. If you haven't, it's a case of TTKK - it's an unbelievable place, I've never been anywhere like it. Put it this way, I didn't board 2 flights, with a 4 hour wait at Oslo airport getting there to watch 11 overpaid tossers play a pub team on a plastic pitch.

If waving a big ol' flag in the South Lower at home to Anzhi whateverthey'recalled makes somebody a top fan, then I'll go with that. But 22 trips abroad with Spurs at the age of 22 is fine by me, and if I want to leave after 25 minutes to have a beer (it was freezing too ;)) and watch it in the pub.. I personally dont think I need to justify that.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're Norwegian by the way you did the 'o' in Tromso. Either that, or you're very keen on the old grammar front.

If you go with Spurs, you go as a unit. Anyone who's been to an away game, even in England, will know what I mean by that. Unbelievable feeling.

You might also get a picture with our new manager in the team hotel if you ask the right people the right questions. :pochwtf:

Have you ever been to Tromso? If you have, you should know the answer to that. If you haven't, it's a case of TTKK - it's an unbelievable place, I've never been anywhere like it. Put it this way, I didn't board 2 flights, with a 4 hour wait at Oslo airport getting there to watch 11 overpaid tossers play a pub team on a plastic pitch.

If waving a big ol' flag in the South Lower at home to Anzhi whateverthey'recalled makes somebody a top fan, then I'll go with that. But 22 trips abroad with Spurs at the age of 22 is fine by me, and if I want to leave after 25 minutes to have a beer (it was freezing too ;)) and watch it in the pub.. I personally dont think I need to justify that.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're Norwegian by the way you did the 'o' in Tromso. Either that, or you're very keen on the old grammar front.

I have only been there 50 times or so..
:llorishuh:

You are right, I am Norwegian, I was born in Ålesund, but my family comes from the Tromsø-area and have been lucky to go there many times. It is an unbelievable place to go and I do believe you enjoyed the experience, I would by surprised if you didn't. However, it still leaves me puzzled that you only spent 25 minutes at the game, having made the trip to go there as the extra hour in watching the game in the freezing cold is a memory too.

I was at the game too by the way. I wouldn't even think about not watching the game, plastic surface or not. You don't have to justify anything, just wondering whether you should travel with friends and leave the football if that part doesn't give you any enjoyment at all, but that's your call. Each to their own I guess.

Not one part in particular, feels like you're insinuating that because I didn't want to fork out £50+ on a friendly ticket, I'm not a real fan. I can't afford to take trips away that often, I have to go by what's feasible.

If you weren't implying that, then it's all good!

:adebaehug:

Back
Top Bottom