Arry/Sherwood Suck-off Shrine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry redknapp had ONE alright season. 2009-2010 where he won 9 of the last 12 games and we finished 4th. But the first half of that season was hardly great. We lost at home to STOKE AND WOLVES.

haha amazing....

The order the results come in make no difference at the end of the season.

In 60/61 we had a 9 game spell where we lost 4 (one against Newcsatle who were relegated) and drew 2, I guess that was also an "alright" season.

pa-photos_t_man-city-tottenham-premier-league-champions-league-fourth-0605b.jpg

spurs2_1630347c.jpg

Be Gone
excellent point well made as ever Samantha you fucking fanny wipe. :paulinhofacepalm:

I've said it before - the only time Spurs fans were 90% or more united under a manager in my lifetime was Martin Jol.
Crazy to sack him IMO.

It was hard to dislike Jol, poorly treated by the club when he was sacked, one of the few managers I have really strong memories off prior to Redknapp, the rest seem like a blur.

haha amazing....

The order the results come in make no difference at the end of the season.

In 60/61 we had a 9 game spell where we lost 4 and drew 2, I guess that was also an "alright" season.
Ok, im torn between cunting you off straight away for trying to make such a ridiculous point, or just highlighting that what your saying is a bit pointless because it doesn't really have anything to do with what i was saying.

Yes, there was a bit of a blip in the middle of that season, we did beat the gooners though.
that also coincided with our fa cup run, (1 game was played before that run and the final obviously played much later, the other 5 all came within that time.)
We also only lost 7 games all season, rather than consistently.
But, the main point I was making was this. Under Redknapp we apparently played this amazing football, and yeah sure, at times we did, at times we had league winning form.

But, for 2 seasons in a row, our 2nd half of the season form was that of a team fighting relegation. Which is something the Harry Redknapp fans always ignore. The guy just isn't as good as some people make out.

look at the seasons on wikipedia for yourself.
2010–11
2011–12

How people can say we played amazing football blah blah as an argument FOR redknapp and yet ignore that we also played shite just as much... confuses me. Unless they're just ignoring facts to make their point.

Also, under redknapp i never truly felt confident that we could beat some of the bigger teams. Same with Sherwood, or any of the other managers before them, the only time i did was under AVB.

Also, under redknapp i never truly felt confident that we could beat some of the bigger teams. Same with Sherwood, or any of the other managers before them, the only time i did was under AVB.

Not sure I agree with that, maybe my memory is crap from years of getting drunk but I remember Redknapp as being really top notch against good opposition it was not putting away smaller teams that annoyed me during his reign and cost us making a league challenge. Under AVB and Sherwood this season we have been the opposite, small team we generally win, big teams we get spanked.

Ok, im torn between cunting you off straight away for trying to make such a ridiculous point, or just highlighting that what your saying is a bit pointless because it doesn't really have anything to do with what i was saying.

Yes, there was a bit of a blip in the middle of that season, we did beat the gooners though.
that also coincided with our fa cup run, (1 game was played before that run and the final obviously played much later, the other 5 all came within that time.)
We also only lost 7 games all season, rather than consistently.
But, the main point I was making was this. Under Redknapp we apparently played this amazing football, and yeah sure, at times we did, at times we had league winning form.

But, for 2 seasons in a row, our 2nd half of the season form was that of a team fighting relegation. Which is something the Harry Redknapp fans always ignore. The guy just isn't as good as some people make out.

look at the seasons on wikipedia for yourself.
2010–11
2011–12

How people can say we played amazing football blah blah as an argument FOR redknapp and yet ignore that we also played shite just as much... confuses me. Unless they're just ignoring facts to make their point.

How anyone can say he had one "alright" season is laughable, sorry it just is.

I have to agree that while Redknapp should rightfully be held in high regard for where he took Spurs, there was always a dodgy result around the corner (Stoke, Wolves etc. at home), and in those games you could see them run out of ideas quite quickly.

We always played better against the expansive teams...but I guess that could be said about anyone.

Under Redknapp we took 46pts from Chelsea, arse, City Utd and Pool in three and a half seasons.

(And beat Inter, and then Milan away)

I didnt fear any team at one point under Harry

How anyone can say he had one "alright" season is laughable, sorry it just is.
are you telling me you sat week in week out and enjoyed our seasons capitulating? there was no consistency, and he was annoying cunt. But credit to him, he did alright for us.

Not sure I agree with that, maybe my memory is crap from years of getting drunk but I remember Redknapp as being really top notch against good opposition it was not putting away smaller teams that annoyed me during his reign and cost us making a league challenge. Under AVB and Sherwood this season we have been the opposite, small team we generally win, big teams we get spanked.

Exactly....we beat the top teams quite reguarly under Harry....

Laughable that someone can say they had more confidence against those teams this season, or last.

are you telling me you sat week in week out and enjoyed our seasons capitulating? there was no consistency, and he was annoying cunt. But credit to him, he did alright for us.

Its scary how much Spurs fans start to sound like Woolwich and Chelsea fans in their desperate quest to belittle the clubs achievements , just cos they didnt like Redknapp.

:avbnaa:

Its scary how much Spurs fans start to sound like Woolwich and Chelsea fans in their desperate quest to belittle the clubs achievements , just cos they didnt like Redknapp.

:avbnaa:
Yeah, you're right. I mean, after all, an fa cup is still an fa c..... oh.....

Achievements? would that be the fourth place trophy you're referring to? Jesus Christ, yeah, I'm the one that sounds like a gooner :paulinhofacepalm:

He's s shameless troll - don't waste your time

Yeah, you're right. I mean, after all, an fa cup is still an fa c..... oh.....

Achievements? would that be the fourth place trophy you're referring to? Jesus Christ, yeah, I'm the one that sounds like a gooner :paulinhofacepalm:

The fact you think that season was'nt an achievement says it all.

Funny how we havent made CL since, yet its still our number one priority.

Thought this was meant to be negative free?

One thing i was always have find memories of is the CL campaign...some of the best nights ive had at the lane. the way we played in those games was breath taking and i loved every second of them

Back
Top Bottom