Archway sheet metal works on fire!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1. Archway records lost in fire including correspondence required for court appeal !!!!!
Thing is that the court challenge is mostly on the law and most of the pleaded case relates to the viability of the NPD for the wider community, so there wouldn't be a great deal of documentation lost as most of it will be with the various local and government authorities involved and the various lawyers. Due to the wider issues it raises the case isn't entirely dependent on the continuance of Archway as a business and so I think that it is still likely to go ahead in January, irrespective of the fire....unless Archway decide to withdraw. Plus, in theory, since they still own the land, Archway could argue that with the inevitable insurance payout, the site is still viable for their future business activities. They could well also request that the hearing be adjourned pending the criminal and insurance investigations, which could take the case beyond the third anniversary of the original CPO.

The more I think about this, the more I suspect that this won't work out all that badly for the Josif family.

An interesting point, but the move away now seems inevitable so it would be a case of closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.

People say the insurance won't be as much as the club would've paid out but I'm not so sure. Anyone here familiar with commercial insurance? Presumably they would be covered for loss of trade as well as physical assets? After that they still own the land and the CPO still has to be dealt with so the club will still have to pay out....plus the inevitable investigation will take time, all while the clock is ticking on the July 2012 Haringey CPO.
Depends whether they buy Business Interuption as well.

Either way, as was pointed out on the thread earlier, it's likely to have limited effect on what tottenham would offer given its te Land/location they're after as opposed to the business or building.

Thing is that the court challenge is mostly on the law and most of the pleaded case relates to the viability of the NPD for the wider community, so there wouldn't be a great deal of documentation lost as most of it will be with the various local and government authorities involved and the various lawyers. Due to the wider issues it raises the case isn't entirely dependent on the continuance of Archway as a business and so I think that it is still likely to go ahead in January, irrespective of the fire....unless Archway decide to withdraw. Plus, in theory, since they still own the land, Archway could argue that with the inevitable insurance payout, the site is still viable for their future business activities. They could well also request that the hearing be adjourned pending the criminal and insurance investigations, which could take the case beyond the third anniversary of the original CPO.

The more I think about this, the more I suspect that this won't work out all that badly for the Josif family.
So are you suggesting we should burn the lawyers and council offices too...

No doubt there will lots of speculation in coming days.
mmmm...
1. Archway records lost in fire including correspondence required for court appeal !!!!!
2. Security tapes both of Archway and THFC damaged in fire.

The IndYpendant are already onto it...
The last building on the site of Tottenham Hotspur’s proposed new stadium has been severely damaged in a suspicious fire.

Owners of Archway Sheet Metals, in the shadow of White Hart Lane, refused to relocate to make way for the development project that would see their factory bulldozed.

The building, which stands in what could become the middle of the pitch, caught fire in the early hours of this morning.

I think we're in trouble here.... after all, there's no smoke without fir.....Oh!! :levywhoa:

probably.

I mean it may well end up being the case but it just royally fucks me off just how lazy and sensationalist journalism is now across the board. Even the broadsheets have become makeshift tabloids
Well with the rise of the internet, News has to be up quickly and create hits. This leads to plagiarism, laziness and sensationalism. The majority of kids today can't spell because they have spent their lives texting and messaging in the quicker textspeak.
I have lost times of how many times I have seen bad grammar or simple spelling mistakes in the digital wing of the broadsheets that would have been unthinkable, even unacceptable, a few years back.

Headlines tomorrow
"Archway burns down: Radical Jewish elements suspected"

What have those poor creatures got to do with it??

elephant-jew.jpg

...and no, I can't quite believe I found a picture of a Radical Jewish Elephant at the first time of asking either!! fucking Google!!!!

I bet Chris Thompson is FUCKING SHITTING HIMSELF right about now!!!

Probably the same amount as 'Danny Winter', who managed to change his account display name, but didn't think about the email address

Bit embarrassing we have fans who can't spell, then accuse someone of being racist in a racist way.

Probably the same amount as 'Danny Winter', who managed to change his account display name, but didn't think about the email address

:adewtf::dier::paulinhofacepalm::pochfacepalm::dempsey::vdvcry::avbfacepalm:

I've just realised... we have way too many 'OH NO!!' Spurs smiley faces!!!
This gag worked after Paulinho!!

Bit embarrassing we have fans who can't spell, then accuse someone of being racist in a racist way.

And people say the fans on here are melts.....

From GG

- Or best case scenario - Archway get found as having done it themselves as a fit up, knowing the court case in Jan would ruin them

- As someone who works for a major insurance company, I can answer this:
No, the best case scenario is that their insurance company repudiate any claim as based on the reasonable (in the insurance company's eyes's, not Archway's) offer on the table for market value for the land and relocation to another site by a third party, the fire has not caused Archway to suffer a financial loss. THerefore insurers force Archway's arm to accept THFC's proposal. There is no insurer worth their salt that is going to agree to rebuild or reinstate a property subject of a CPO process.
And no cash settlement in lieu of repair work would be agreed based on the lack of financial loss stated above.

From GG

- Or best case scenario - Archway get found as having done it themselves as a fit up, knowing the court case in Jan would ruin them

- As someone who works for a major insurance company, I can answer this:
No, the best case scenario is that their insurance company repudiate any claim as based on the reasonable (in the insurance company's eyes's, not Archway's) offer on the table for market value for the land and relocation to another site by a third party, the fire has not caused Archway to suffer a financial loss. THerefore insurers force Archway's arm to accept THFC's proposal. There is no insurer worth their salt that is going to agree to rebuild or reinstate a property subject of a CPO process.
And no cash settlement in lieu of repair work would be agreed based on the lack of financial loss stated above.

Get you Nutter-Legal-Jargon-Naylor!!! who knew?

In all seriousness... quick show of hands... who thinks we're involved in some way??

Back
Top Bottom