Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with your analysis of Son, much more direct, and as a team we score more goals. I think he'll start with Son. I think Poch does have a strongest MF and strikers, and it really is a 6 pointer.
You can't say a strongest starting XI as the full backs really do seem interchangeable. They need to be with the running the system requires them to do.
For me, Son is more finishing the move than Lamela, who I feel assists the play. I feel we need that extra player deep MF and a player who links up and can take players on as with Lamela. Son will create goal scoring efforts which may be suited later in the game if we need to stretch them a little (if they are on top). They will both give 100% effort defending and attacking which is brilliant- its which one gives more or less then the other where we need that player-deepish or attacking?
I feel we will start with Lamela - same start as watford with changed FBs.

I think lamely should start this one as well because he will have the space to exploit city unlike playing a team that parks the bus where son is good in tight spaces

From Football365...
Tottenham
We’re not sure we can say it better than Watford boss Quique Flores: “For me, it’s the best [team we’ve played]. We played twice against [Manchester] City, twice against Tottenham, twice against Chelsea, and I think this is the more complete team. It was impossible [to deal with them] We try to train a lot and try to take care a lot what happens in transition. We know perfectly what we want to do when we [recover] the ball, we try to play, but it was impossible.”

Twenty-five shots. Twenty-bloody-five shots. There were no outfield starters for Tottenham who did not have at least one attempt on goal. Christian Eriksen – playing centrally in the absence of Dele Alli – made eight key passes. It was relentless. After Manchester City utterly failed to deal with Leicester on Saturday, how the hell will they cope with the Tottenham tsunami?

Unlike Leicester, Tottenham’s style (as close to Jurgen Klopp’s Dortmund as we currently boast) does not need a compliant opposition. Watford were by no means compliant, but they were powerless against a Tottenham side Flores went on to call “animals”. Good luck to an ageing, vulnerable City; it’s difficult to envisage anything other than a mauling.

The Utd results has taken some of the heat off of this game from a top 4 perspective but with the other two playing each other on the same weekend it really is a huge opportunity to really cement our place in the title race.

Thing is I'm not dreading this game at all either. I'm almost EXPECTING us to beat them.

.....almost :levyeyes:

He was definitely in and out of injury problems back then:
  • Sergio Aguero has scored 10 goals in 8 PL appearances against Spurs, his highest goal tally against any club in the competition.
  • In the 8 PL matches that Sergio Aguero has played against Spurs, he’s only failed to score on two occasions.
Look I hope you are right and we win, but I think we are in for an extremely tough afternoon

In 8 PL matches... So based on an Aguero-stat of almost 4 years width, you think City will win?

We have the best defence in the league, what does it matter that Aguero scored when we had the likes of Chiriches and a terrible defensive record? And different manager + staff as well.

We fucked them over. Leicester just did the same. Silva, De Bruyne and Kompany are injured. I don't care if Aguero used to score against Vlad and Naughton.

Get on the hype train, man.

From Football365...
Tottenham
We’re not sure we can say it better than Watford boss Quique Flores: “For me, it’s the best [team we’ve played]. We played twice against [Manchester] City, twice against Tottenham, twice against Chelsea, and I think this is the more complete team. It was impossible [to deal with them] We try to train a lot and try to take care a lot what happens in transition. We know perfectly what we want to do when we [recover] the ball, we try to play, but it was impossible.”

Twenty-five shots. Twenty-bloody-five shots. There were no outfield starters for Tottenham who did not have at least one attempt on goal. Christian Eriksen – playing centrally in the absence of Dele Alli – made eight key passes. It was relentless. After Manchester City utterly failed to deal with Leicester on Saturday, how the hell will they cope with the Tottenham tsunami?

Unlike Leicester, Tottenham’s style (as close to Jurgen Klopp’s Dortmund as we currently boast) does not need a compliant opposition. Watford were by no means compliant, but they were powerless against a Tottenham side Flores went on to call “animals”. Good luck to an ageing, vulnerable City; it’s difficult to envisage anything other than a mauling.
Fuck your Class of 95, I'd have the Wild Beasts of Tottenham any day.

Last edited:
I've always liked Quique Flores
Meh... I always preferred his comedy partner, Stephen Fry!
quique-sanchez-flores-watford-head-coach_3355886.jpg
NEdXzQaTp46Thd_1_1.jpg

In 8 PL matches... So based on an Aguero-stat of almost 4 years width, you think City will win?

We have the best defence in the league, what does it matter that Aguero scored when we had the likes of Chiriches and a terrible defensive record? And different manager + staff as well.

We fucked them over. Leicester just did the same. Silva, De Bruyne and Kompany are injured. I don't care if Aguero used to score against Vlad and Naughton.

Get on the hype train, man.

I'm well on the 'hype train' don't you worry about that I love watching Spurs every week and I have been more than positive about the team this year... It's been absolutely brilliant. I'm just not doing a Merson with Woolwich and predicting a Spurs win every week because ultimately it's not going to happen.

As I've stated people have made great point about the change of team staff the way we play and I'm hoping you are all right and we win, I would be over the moon!

However I for one do not think we are going to just cruise past a team away from home that until last weekend have been above us all season and in the last couple of years have beaten us 4-1 and 6-0 at the Eithad.

IF... IF we don't win this game (as opposed to the rest, which obviously we'll coast to victory in!) then my only consolation will be that Man City may be galvanised enough to push Arse all the way and give them something to think about, other than Leicester... (Leicester i'm not worried about, not 'cos I don't think they can do it, but 'cos if they do, it won't kill me to see them lift the trophy for once... unlike what it would do to me if Arse did it (a-fucking gain!)

Fuck your Class of 95, I'd have the Wild Beasts of Tottenham any day.
You bring up something I was thinking the other week. If the golden children of Leicester weren't doing good right now and the media didn't hate us, what a story that could be told about the 2015/2016 Tottenham team. It's like the updated version of that Manchester United squad. A bunch of academy grads and other young guys with a fresh young manager poised to be a force for years to come.

I'm nervous. I won't lie. Not because I think City are any better of a team than we are, but because of what this game means. This is where the hype really sets in for us this week. It's a lot of pressure. I'm sure the team is prepared to handle this pressure, but I'm sure the fuck not! :defoe:

I'm nervous. I won't lie. Not because I think City are any better of a team than we are, but because of what this game means. This is where the hype really sets in for us this week. It's a lot of pressure. I'm sure the team is prepared to handle this pressure, but I'm sure the fuck not! :defoe:
As the weeks go on if is becoming more and more apparent we feel nerves this team do not, the NLD at their swamp was a perfect example.

Back
Top Bottom