Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Biggest game of the season yesterday, top v second and they couldn't fill their stadium.
Toure, their Captain, dragged off again, indifferent performances all over the pitch.
The manager says he's leaving and the new manager has a shopping list of the world's best players.
They seem to have lost their appetite yesterday.Hope that is the case next week.
It is unreal going into this game with no fear. COYS!
Agree 90 % but am worried 10%

I actually think City will beat us 2-1 because every time Aguero plays against us he tears our defence apart. However we will bounce back as we have done all season

A massive game here. A win here and woolwich draw with LCFC and we will be 3 points behind LCFC and 2 in front of Woolwich when we face Swansea at home. City will 4 behind.
City will be without Silva too as well as de Bruyne won't they?
Woolwich however will not have to leave the capital before their next league game, v Man U. This will be where I would actually like to see Man U win.

Btw anyone on the site have any tips, when using mobile to access the site, on how to get rid of these fucking pop up adds for uber etc that appear smack on top of the forum making it virtually impossible to read anything or reply? They also will not disappear even if you click on them, which is also virtually impossible not to do.
It's been a major feat me posting this.

A massive game here. A win here and woolwich draw with LCFC and we will be 3 points behind LCFC and 2 in front of Woolwich when we face Swansea at home. City will 4 behind.
City will be without Silva too as well as de Bruyne won't they?
Woolwich however will not have to leave the capital before their next league game, v Man U. This will be where I would actually like to see Man U win.

Btw anyone on the site have any tips, when using mobile to access the site, on how to get rid of these fucking pop up adds for uber etc that appear smack on top of the forum making it virtually impossible to read anything or reply? They also will not disappear even if you click on them, which is also virtually impossible not to do.
It's been a major feat me posting this.
If , ifs and buts ?

Lets play our game as we have been. We are a decent side away.
Then look at results at 6 o clock . They play before us so we will know what to do, if thats a good thing?

Last edited:
A win would put us in an amazing position. This is a massive game for them at home and they're more than capable of beating us though. Iheanacho seems like a decent prospect for them and Aguero is always a handful. Silva and KDB both missing will be huge and with Kompany unfit, I think we should probably be considered favorites. Their back four is terrible but I don't think Kompany is match fit enough to make too much of a difference.
Ultimately I think it's going to come down to us out working them and forcing mistakes high up the pitch.

I am a little concerned about Wimmer going into such a big game too. All it takes is a little bit of clever movement from Aguero to create a chance but Wimmer has looked decent in every game he's played in so far so I hope he can step up to the task as I assume they'll be targeting him. Dier will definitely help out back there.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Toby, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Every time??? Afaik, we tore them a new one (4-1 remember) while Aguero won at hide and seek.

He was definitely in and out of injury problems back then:
  • Sergio Aguero has scored 10 goals in 8 PL appearances against Spurs, his highest goal tally against any club in the competition.
  • In the 8 PL matches that Sergio Aguero has played against Spurs, he’s only failed to score on two occasions.
Look I hope you are right and we win, but I think we are in for an extremely tough afternoon

If you have a coach who is leaving at the end of the season, if in your mind as a player, you do not agree with any detail from him, you can effectively ignore it. Any poor result will be put back on the coach, look at the Chaves. CF's always have something to play for regardless on how the team is performing (top goal scorer) so playing a team as this, you need to keep him quiet. You need to show more commitment than them, the desire to win ball and the heart to win the game. They will collapses (as we saw City do against LC). our game against City is not a cup final as we have more games to contest the PL but it should feel as one.

Back
Top Bottom