Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glad as I am that he's gone and Ange is here, the bolded isn't true at all.

He took over following the string of Mourinho, Mason, Nuno, who all to varying degrees continued a downward spiral that had already begun under Poch.

He then got that side back into CL at the first try after taking over mid-season, and at the time of leaving had us in and around the CL qualification places.

However dour the football and the mood around the club, any discussion over where we would have finished last season had he stuck around is merely speculation, but the club was certainly not in a worse place when he left than when he joined.

The rot that was there at his exit was already there before he joined, he just didn't do anything to remove it.

A lot of revisionism going on. Mostly I imagine because he's ex chelsea and some of our fans can't stand that.

We were very strong under Conte from about the 1-0 away loss to Burnley onwards. He quite clearly had enough, what with his mates dying and his health failing. But when he was on his game and the team was playing for him, we were pretty formidable.
Football style is one thing, people can debate that all day, but match outcomes aren't debatable. We were good at gettings points before all the non-football things started to take their toll.
People act like we were in disarray when he was sacked. We were 20 seconds away from moving into 3rd place in the league. He was sacked after MW 28, and of those 28 rounds, we'd been in the top 4 for 21 of them.
Also, I don't think people here can keep denying there have been similar signs this season where, when under pressure, we fold. We'd dropped points from winning positions, we've had to cling on for dear life. How can people keep arguing it's a Conte thing? Or that it was a Mourinho thing.
There's something within our squad still that seems to default to panic stations, dropping back and clinging on.

I loved it when he came here, and during that run of results where we demolished Villa and Newcastle and got a deserved point against Liverpool away we were one of the best teams in England (we even played some entertaining, direct football). The passing of Ventrone really hit him, and I don't blame him for that. However, he completely lost me with the Sanchez substitution. And the press conference afterwards was disgraceful. I couldn't care less if he threw Levy and the Club under the bus (which they deserved, but not because of not backing Conte, because they backed him as much as they could), however it's unforgivable that he went against the fans. A negative figure of the Club for sure.

I loved it when he came here, and during that run of results where we demolished Villa and Newcastle and got a deserved point against Liverpool away we were one of the best teams in England (we even played some entertaining, direct football). The passing of Ventrone really hit him, and I don't blame him for that. However, he completely lost me with the Sanchez substitution. And the press conference afterwards was disgraceful. I couldn't care less if he threw Levy and the Club under the bus (which they deserved, but not because of not backing Conte, because they backed him as much as they could), however it's unforgivable that he went against the fans. A negative figure of the Club for sure.
How did he go against the fans??

Not sure he went against the fans, he did use the fans emotions against the club to get himself out of his contract though.

I feel like he really dragged the clubs name through the mud at the end, it may have been aimed at the board but the whole club and the fans felt it too. There may have been personal difficulties but I can't forgive him.

Yes there was a good spell, but then there was the terrible football, terrible man management and terrible press conferences.
And terrible hair.

I feel like he really dragged the clubs name through the mud at the end, it may have been aimed at the board but the whole club and the fans felt it too. There may have been personal difficulties but I can't forgive him.

Yes there was a good spell, but then there was the terrible football, terrible man management and terrible press conferences.
And terrible hair.

It wasn't personal. Conte just wanted his payout and just pushed enough buttons until he got it.

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1757739965545394300

This guy is funny, he forgets he literally said this:

Still doesn’t stop him being right - top 4 should not be celebrated.

Back
Top Bottom