Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now the dust has settled, I wish no particular ill-will towards Conte. However, the feeling in the club and excitement ahead of games with Ange compared to him is like night and day. In that aspect, he can make all the excuses he wants, but has to know deep down that he failed. Will be interested to see if he can get a tune out of whatever team he goes to next, or if he really is simply the next Mourinho and part of a dying breed.

You can do a quiet whooping noise if you want but otherwise celebrating qualifying for a competition is small club energy. Would never see it from the big lads.

Yeah you're right, our players should have just gone quiet down the tunnel, shouldn't have posted any pics on social media or anything like that, all because it's small club energy.

You been listening to too much Richard Keys mate.

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1757739965545394300

This guy is funny, he forgets he literally said this:

This is a guy who subbed off an attacker for a defender when we were 1-0 down in the second leg of a CL knockout game.

Blokes a gimp

Yeah you're right, our players should have just gone quiet down the tunnel, shouldn't have posted any pics on social media or anything like that, all because it's small club energy.

You been listening to too much Richard Keys mate.

Yes. It marks our level. One of the things that’s good about Ange is he never seems to mention top four, just the title. It’s not happening this season but he at least focuses on what matters.

If we get top four this season I’d prefer disappointment from the players at a trophyless season, if anything. That’s ambition.

Yes. It marks our level. One of the things that’s good about Ange is he never seems to mention top four, just the title. It’s not happening this season but he at least focuses on what matters.

If we get top four this season I’d prefer disappointment from the players at a trophyless season, if anything. That’s ambition.

But you're talking about something different here, the club always should show ambition but I don't understand why you think fans and players can't be happy to achieve CL football.

In context of that season though when we were completely shite for us to get us top 4 from where we were, why shouldn't that be celebrated? You can be happy at that and at the same time strive for ambition to be better.

Nothing worse than the celebration police.

Still doesn’t stop him being right - top 4 should not be celebrated.
A culture of finishing fourth and that being the ceiling shouldn't be celebrated.

Finishing 4th when we had such a fucked season is worthy of celebrating.

Conte then didn't build on that and it all imploded.

But you're talking about something different here, the club always should show ambition but I don't understand why you think fans and players can't be happy to achieve CL football.

In context of that season though when we were completely shite for us to get us top 4 from where we were, why shouldn't that be celebrated? You can be happy at that and at the same time strive for ambition to be better.

Nothing worse than the celebration police.

You can be happy but keep it proportionate to what has been achieved. I’m generally happy with the season but mainly due to style change, not because we’re in the so called top 4 race.

Nobody is policing your celebration, do what you want as a fan as it isn’t deep. What Conte said related to the players/club and on that level he’s right that we shouldn’t be all that pleased to make top 4.

Celebrate that 4th place?

Fucking right. Scum cried a river. Neighbour nearly had to move.
And even better, some gooner cunts in here were quite for months.

There on a table was a Subbuteo pitch with two teams, one of which was another of his old clubs Inter Milan, and two sets of goalposts. Only the ball was missing.

Having initially assumed the pitch had been set up for my benefit, it transpired that 54-year-old Conte has used Subbuteo ever since he moved into coaching and still finds it a useful tool to analyse the latest trends and adapt them to his ideas while he is taking a break from coaching.

“You can reproduce some tactical situations,” said Conte. “In every club that I coached at, I brought Subbuteo, also sometimes to explain some tactical situations with my players. I’ve always had one at my home.”

Maybe explains why he liked Eric Dier so much

A culture of finishing fourth and that being the ceiling shouldn't be celebrated.

Finishing 4th when we had such a fucked season is worthy of celebrating.

Conte then didn't build on that and it all imploded.

Ultimately, it's about where you're at.

That first Conte season, we should absolutely have celebrated that finish. We started the season with Nuno, Kane wanted out and for half the season, it was dreadful stuff. The fact we not only ended up finishing top four but beating Woolwich to it was great. If you cant celebrate that (certainly as fans), why the fuck are you watching this sport?

Woolwich fans would have celebrated 4th that year and finishing above us like they'd have won the league.

Now if they went and finished 4th this year. Celebrations of course won't be the same. Because of where they are at. They'd probably be calling for their manager's head.

You can be happy but keep it proportionate to what has been achieved. I’m generally happy with the season but mainly due to style change, not because we’re in the so called top 4 race.

Nobody is policing your celebration, do what you want as a fan as it isn’t deep. What Conte said related to the players/club and on that level he’s right that we shouldn’t be all that pleased to make top 4.

And I'm talking about the players in which you are literally policing their celebration, just because they were happy at finishing 4th it doesn't mean that's the height of their ambition, like do you expect our players and staff not to be happy after a long hard season only to end up with CL football, that's just weird and just generally fucking miserable.

Like two things can be true you know, why are you still letting that twat Conte gaslight you? - He's the same person who said that finishing top 4 will be a 'miracle'

Ange will be pleased about getting top 4 and the players will be happy, that does not mean that's the height of his or the players ambition.

Ultimately, it's about where you're at.

That first Conte season, we should absolutely have celebrated that finish. We started the season with Nuno, Kane wanted out and for half the season, it was dreadful stuff. The fact we not only ended up finishing top four but beating Woolwich to it was great. If you cant celebrate that (certainly as fans), why the fuck are you watching this sport?

Woolwich fans would have celebrated 4th that year and finishing above us like they'd have won the league.

Now if they went and finished 4th this year. Celebrations of course won't be the same. Because of where they are at. They'd probably be calling for their manager's head.
It's perverse that in an era where the titles and trophies are so dominated by a select few more than ever before, we are repeatedly hammered over the head with the notion that you are nothing without winning them...

By the logic of some, there's no point in 95% of the football clubs in the world existing.

Been saying it for sometime. This bloke was underachieving. He can manage one game a week and is wedded to a system of play. He lacks flexibility and I believe a good coach open to using the Academy could have got us top four again. I'm glad Inzaghi is fully exposing him at Inter.
Hmm what do you think about our current manager mate?

Back
Top Bottom