Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Big clubs don’t care about style of football that much. Man City, Barcelona and maybe Assna aside, all other big clubs have had more defensive managers in recent years.
Football goes through cycles and at the moment the Guardiola school is what's in demand.

Take something like pressing, pretty much all top managers have their teams press high up the pitch to win the ball back. It's easier to defend this way when the opponent isn't in your own half.

Conte doesn't do that because it doesn't fit with his footballing identity. There might be a few moments where his teams press but it isn't part of the identity of his teams. He dominated the Prem in his first season, but when Pep built his team it surpassed Conte's from the season before.

At this point in time, his philosophy isn't in demand at the big clubs. So he'll have to settle for clubs a tier below that. Those clubs won't be able to spend the amount of money that he wants. Conte will probably want a big wage as well. He also isn't very professional which fans might view as refreshing but isn't viewed very positively by the people who employ him.

Our midfielders ranked by Conte:

1. Hoijberg
2. Skipp
3. Bentancur
4. Sarr
5. Bissouma

Refused to sign: James Maddison

Verdict: Terrorist.
This wouldn't be remotely surprising if fans actually bothered to do some research on the managers that they wanted.

It's no secret that Conte prefers workhorses in the midfield over more talented players. He wants players that can follow his very rigid tactical instructions and limit the amount of risks they take on the ball.

People were complaining that he didn't get the players he wanted but was given club signings instead, well now you can see why.

Last edited:
Hope we draw them in CL next season and then their fans can hear him drone on about how it's impossible for them to compete with the mighty Tottenham Hotspur with our rich history in knockout competition...

:contehmm:
I genuinely believe losing to them was part of an existing negotiation with them for the job. I knew he'd end up here. He had AC's dick so far down his throat Linda Lovelace was on speed- dial talking him through it. His behaviour pre and post that tie was shameful. I hope we get to utterly batter them and get to watch him squirm.

#IHATECONTE

His behaviour pre and post that tie was shameful. I hope we get to utterly batter them and get to watch him squirm.

This 100 fkn p'cent!

Thing is; albeit a loss, that away result with 10 men was a good enough platform to go on and win the tie.

What followed before during and after the home tie (including the FA Cup exit to Sheff U B-team and a dreadful away performance to Wolves) was disgusting tho'.

He threw that Milan match when he put Sanchez on, guy's an utter cunt

And still we have fans who back him because he spoke the truth or some shit like that.

Absolute fraud of a manager.
Unless he has the best players or a truck load of money he will blame everyone but himself when it goes wrong.

Bald fucker took us back 3 years.
Spiteful knob, i have zero respect for him.
Glad as I am that he's gone and Ange is here, the bolded isn't true at all.

He took over following the string of Mourinho, Mason, Nuno, who all to varying degrees continued a downward spiral that had already begun under Poch.

He then got that side back into CL at the first try after taking over mid-season, and at the time of leaving had us in and around the CL qualification places.

However dour the football and the mood around the club, any discussion over where we would have finished last season had he stuck around is merely speculation, but the club was certainly not in a worse place when he left than when he joined.

The rot that was there at his exit was already there before he joined, he just didn't do anything to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom