Anthony Martial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good off the bench but won’t improve your side
In fact at the moment I have your impression even if I saw very little. Juventus often focus on "non-exploded" players trying to create the right conditions. But there must be potential.

The super big (Neymar) can only take the clubs that they spend without looking at financial statements.

Yes - been mismanaged for 2 seasons now. Better than Mandzukic

technically and 'maybe more' strong of mandzukic. the croatian nevertheless 'has the balls of acciao and one of men fidati of cheerful. and' a charismatic that yes enhances in the games difficult. in benevento-juventus 2-4 mandzukic is state irritating.

Al Bernabeu Mandzukic was the best in the field scoring two goals. Last year Allegri asked him to play as a side attacker (he was always central but there was Higuain) and to defend to cover Alex Sandro's advance. He played incredible games.

Juventus wants to take this player. Surely I know him very little because Manchester United doesn’t interest me. Is he a valuable player according to you?

Yes. Yes he is.
Him together with Rashford have been two breezes of air in a room full of beerfarts that is ManU.

Player with very good technique and a lot of promise but not nearly utilized how he should be. I have been quite amazed with his close control/dribbling. He could also be quite direct with the ball (something I feel we have lacked at times) and his decision making for such a young player is quite good as well. I totally believe him leaving ManU because he is just standing still there. If he would have spent same amount of time under Poch, he'd be all over the front pages of sports newspapers. Basically he has regressed under Mou (like so many players do) - in his 1st season he scored 18 and assisted 11 while being 20. And never improved from there somehow.

But if the question is "would he be valuable for Spurs" - this one is harder. We currently have Son (last season 21 goals +10 assists; this season 18G+9A), Alli (last season 22G+13A; this 12G+17A), Eriksen (Last: 12G+23A; this 14G+11A) plus "challengers" of Lamela, Moura and Sissoko who we can deploy as AM. We still have not given proper run to Moura as of now. Would be quite questionable to slash the cash on new boy in this sense. Though I feel he would be better option for Kane substitute then Son is right now.

We have to consider that he won't go for peanuts if sold (Juve and Bayern are after him; latter being more realistic to me given the age of Ribery and Robben+ way deeper pockets then Juve), I think we are looking at around 50 mil pounds for him. So - hard to justify signing him, even though personally I really would like to see player with his qualities in Spurs.Theoretically if we could get 10 mil for Llorente and 25 for Sissoko (if we also add quality to midfield to address his departure) somehow then adding another 15 and getting Martial would make ... some sense. Though would make more sense if we'd decide to move on Lamela or Moura + Llorente. All this is extremely unlikely.

Yes. Yes he is.
Him together with Rashford have been two breezes of air in a room full of beerfarts that is ManU.

Player with very good technique and a lot of promise but not nearly utilized how he should be. I have been quite amazed with his close control/dribbling. He could also be quite direct with the ball (something I feel we have lacked at times) and his decision making for such a young player is quite good as well. I totally believe him leaving ManU because he is just standing still there. If he would have spent same amount of time under Poch, he'd be all over the front pages of sports newspapers. Basically he has regressed under Mou (like so many players do) - in his 1st season he scored 18 and assisted 11 while being 20. And never improved from there somehow.

But if the question is "would he be valuable for Spurs" - this one is harder. We currently have Son (last season 21 goals +10 assists; this season 18G+9A), Alli (last season 22G+13A; this 12G+17A), Eriksen (Last: 12G+23A; this 14G+11A) plus "challengers" of Lamela, Moura and Sissoko who we can deploy as AM. We still have not given proper run to Moura as of now. Would be quite questionable to slash the cash on new boy in this sense. Though I feel he would be better option for Kane substitute then Son is right now.

We have to consider that he won't go for peanuts if sold (Juve and Bayern are after him; latter being more realistic to me given the age of Ribery and Robben+ way deeper pockets then Juve), I think we are looking at around 50 mil pounds for him. So - hard to justify signing him, even though personally I really would like to see player with his qualities in Spurs.Theoretically if we could get 10 mil for Llorente and 25 for Sissoko (if we also add quality to midfield to address his departure) somehow then adding another 15 and getting Martial would make ... some sense. Though would make more sense if we'd decide to move on Lamela or Moura + Llorente. All this is extremely unlikely.
In Juventus-Spurs I appreciated Son and Eriksen: they impressed me. Son is devastating on the band (the old Barzagli decided to retire after the humiliation). Eriksen has great technique and excellent tactical sense.

He's a myth. Yet to see a decent game ever from him, ever. No point in looking at his Monaco performances, as I think we have all seen that when you are smashing Angers or Metz 8-0 every week. He's done absolutely nothing here in England, his best game was against us when he beat Trippier a couple of times, but who hasn't done that! (a game that we dominated Utd I might add, so his influence was hardly that noteworthy, especially given he's supposed to be an £80m player).

I'll hold my hands up if I've got this wrong but will need to be shown more than 5 games in which he was excellent, I've asked this question before, no one could answer it. I mean it's only 5 games, that's all I'm asking for.

Back
Top Bottom