Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's leaving one man, and hoping he can keep baling us out of trouble that's the problem.
4 nil was very flattering. I don't blame VdV, he's so exposed it's hardly a surprise he made mistakes.

I'm glad you're happy with the shit show that is coming.
Give me a shout when it* dawns on you.

*It being the fact we're not as good as people thing we are.

No, I don't want him sacked.
I just want the fans to realise things aren't as rosey as they think they are.
I'm tired of hearing people claim the football is great and we're only 1 or 2 players away from a title challenge.
I think next season will be tougher than this season.

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

Saw Ossie and Mabbutt are with Ledley on some club jaunt. But no Gary Stevens or Steve Archibald. Crooks didnt play in 84.
Yes, they're in Malta to promote the 'Visit Malta' Cup. I was "umming and arring" whether to go, but I'm out there next month for a wedding, so didn't bother.
I didn't recognize Gary Brooke straight away and think that the guy behind Bilko is Richard Cook.
Brilliant memories of a brilliant night, which will never be repeated, as all finals are now played at neutral grounds.

It's like listening to flat earthers, it's nonsense and slightly insane.
What if it is nonsense that we do worse next season though? Does that mean the earth is flat?

I'm sceptical and highly critical of Ange, especially defensively, but I'm not going to assume he does worse next season. He already did better than expected.

What if it is nonsense that we do worse next season though? Does that mean the earth is flat?

I'm sceptical and highly critical of Ange, especially defensively, but I'm not going to assume he does worse next season. He already did better than expected.
He did do better than expected. But almost all of the progress was in the first 10 games as teams unaccustomed to him and us got beat.
Since the turn of the year we've had most of the injured players return but our away form is appalling and our wins are often laboured at best.

Something is going to have to change. We don't have bad players but we can't keep clean sheets and we can't generally defend.

He did do better than expected. But almost all of the progress was in the first 10 games as teams unaccustomed to him and us got beat.
Since the turn of the year we've had most of the injured players return but our away form is appalling and our wins are often laboured at best.

Something is going to have to change. We don't have bad players but we can't keep clean sheets and we can't generally defend.
The poorer form in the second half of the season isn't solely Ange's trend though. We as a club started well and tailed off with Conte and Mourinho too. We even did it with Poch that season we lost 5-1 at Newcastle and came back stronger the next season.

If, for example, at best Ange finishes 4th this season, in a season when I expected him to finish 6th at best, then next season, if I expect him to finish 5th, he may actually finish 3rd, so I don't see any logic in me predicting him to do worse next season.

Back
Top Bottom