Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sarr couldn’t get a game under Conte.
And Conte was labelled a football terrorist for not having given Sarr a proper chance, no?
Porro was a joke at WB under Conte.
Was he? Conte lasted like 2 more months after Porro joined and for a few games, he didn’t manage Spurs cause of his surgery.
Udogie had never played a game in the Prem.
Yet you still wouldn’t entertain a sell, so not sure this is an excuse? Must mean the player has some quality.
Maddison and Bentancur are coming back from long term injuries and off form because of it. That’s pretty normal.
Sorry but Maddison came back in January, well at the end of it. That’s like 3 months since his return lol. How long is it going to take him to get back at full speed? Same with Bentancur.
If they are playing shit in the same system that enabled them to be better than they ever have been, that’s on the players
Or maybe in the first few games it was a very weak print of the system and now it’s been more ingrained and it’s showing its true colors?

And Conte was labelled a football terrorist for not having given Sarr a proper chance, no?

Was he? Conte lasted like 2 more months after Porro joined and for a few games, he didn’t manage Spurs cause of his surgery.

Yet you still wouldn’t entertain a sell, so not sure this is an excuse? Must mean the player has some quality.

Sorry but Maddison came back in January, well at the end of it. That’s like 3 months since his return lol. How long is it going to take him to get back at full speed? Same with Bentancur.

Or maybe in the first few games it was a very weak print of the system and now it’s been more ingrained and it’s showing its true colors?

They say 18 months for Bentancur injury to fully get back to his best. If ever.

Maddison is likely similar and he’s not looked the same player since

"I have seen the managers that Tottenham had on the bench. ... You risk to disrupt the figure of the manager and to protect the other situation!
the club can change the manager but the situation cannot change".:contesmell:

time to break the cycle and back the manger with high quality Levy, to justify the ticket prices u demand, sack the players and sack yourself first if you need to. That's what should have happened when poch was under pressure

View: https://x.com/thespursexpress/status/1786067145287258228?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

There were countless calls to sell Romero last summer. How is it that the only winner in our squad is the one still bought in and having the best season of any Cb in the prem?

There is a cancer that gets into this football club and destabilises every manager we have. It clearly doesn’t effect every player because Kane always performed but it manages to get to most every time. Until we find the cause and hound it out of the club EVERY MANAGER is a dead man walking.

View: https://x.com/thespursexpress/status/1786067145287258228?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

There were countless calls to sell Romero last summer. How is it that the only winner in our squad is the one still bought in and having the best season of any Cb in the prem?

There is a cancer that gets into this football club and destabilises every manager we have. It clearly doesn’t effect every player because Kane always performed but it manages to get to most every time. Until we find the cause and hound it out of the club EVERY MANAGER is a dead man walking.

It's the bald cunt upstairs.

If the same things happen irrespective of the manager changing or new players, then it's the inherited culture.

I'm sure *we* as fans, match-going or otherwise aren't helping with the vitriol aimed at the pitch or on socials, but we are angry. Whether you buy a ST or support via other means, we've seen little reward. So we are angry and have little patience to rebuild because every setback makes us fear it is back the drawing board.

Maybe reference to cancer and football is best avoided. It's just a game of passion. Not life and death thank God, regardless of how it might feel at times.

The issue is a weird type of pressure but even more it's failing to get a balanced squad.
I have said this for so long. We are 5th, not close to relegation.

God forbid a degree of perspective.

Last edited:
We have players who either can't do or can't be bothered to do what Ange wants. Ruthless window needed from the club and Ange desperately needs to sort this set piece shit out over the summer. If both don't happen we'll be back to having a demoralised squad, a club that haven't found the right players, a manager who isn't getting a tune out of what he's got and ... yeah, that all too familiar scenario appears yet again where Ryan Mason pops up and steers us somewhere ordinary.

From what I’ve been reading on this thread and other forums the squad is already pretty demoralised

Bleak future but we make a lot of money

:levystare:

Aren't those stats within the Spurs squad, not the league? It says Spurs rank, not PL rank.

But yes, Romero has had a decent season despite our generally atrocious defence.

Hardly excuses. That's the reason. The Newcastle game was the outlier for our December results.

So attacking their Full backs wasn’t a plan for us but long balls to attack our full backs was a plan for them.

You are a waste of time. If you want the dopamine hit of sacking another manager and the high from their fresh start, just say it. You are addicted to it, that’s fine, most of this fanbase is.

I think he's twigged what a fucking nigh on impossible job this is in a bastard of an unforgiving league. Nothing personal on him but it isnt going to happen, it really isnt taking Celtic from 2nd to 1st or winning the J League.

I dont think anyone will take any joy from changing manager but i think we have to i'm afraid. Its possibly too early but i cant stomach us fishing around the managerial bargain bin in October and i'm pretty certain thats what will happen.

Yup

Make the decision now

Get rid just after last game of the season and spend Summer getting someone decent in

It's the bald cunt upstairs.

If the same things happen irrespective of the manager changing or new players, then it's the inherited culture.

I'm sure *we* as fans, match-going or otherwise aren't helping with the vitriol aimed at the pitch or on socials, but we are angry. Whether you buy a ST or support via other means, we've seen little reward. So we are angry and have little patience to rebuild because every setback makes us fear it is back the drawing board.

I also think due to history we don’t believe any project will be seen through. When it was the time to rebuild under Poch it never happened, just went with a cheap sacking.

At some point the club will have to back a manager through hard periods and back them heavily and over several years in the window with players they need to make their system work. Sadly the gooners did just that and are now reaping the rewards.

He has a hell of a job convincing Levy to back him because the truth will hurt.

"None of our forwards are fit for my system so sell them all and give me 150m to buy 3 new starters".

Tbh I would take 3 signings this summer. LW/RW/DM.

Struggle on with Son/Richy at CF for one more season and hope they improve with actual wingers either side.

Do you trust Ange to recognise these new signings?

After all he wanted Johnson ffs

Read the chart before asking stupid questions please.

It says very clearly “premier league 2023/24”

Yes, because those are his stats in the PL specifically. Then you will see the heading on the right column that says "Spurs rank".

Read the chart properly please. Do you really think there is no defender in the league who has made more than 45 headed clearances? There are lower teams players that stay camped in their box who probably make 20 clearances in one match.

Back
Top Bottom